The Last of the Mohicans is both an incredible film, and a beautiful soundtrack. It is the all time number one movie and soundtrack in my household, which includes two teenage children!
The film itself is wonderful, and I have watched it many times, owning it both on VHS and DVD. I never tire of it. The story is
thrilling, romantic, tragic, uplifting, what more do you want?
The casting is excellent, everyone is excellent, and the fight
scene is truly thrilling. The soundtrack is the most moving and beautiful music that I have ever heard, totally fitting the movie. If I play the soundtrack, then I have to watch the movie.
I personally like Promontory best, but all of the music is so
lovely, it is hard to find a favourite. This is an all round
great movie and soundtrack, and I would, and do, recommend it to everyone. If you haven't seen it yet, why not? If you don't own the soundtrack, then buy it!!
I had never before bought a soundtrack for a movie that wasn't a musical. This was an exception. Who couldn't help but buy this CD? It is simply one of the most beautiful movie soundtracks of all time, as it perfectly conveys the romance, urgency, and adventure of the movie. It resonates and soars, capturing the essence of the film.
Beautifully orchestrated, tracks one through nine were composed by Trevor Jones, and his use of drums, brass, and strings to convey the sweeping saga of the movie is masterful and full of powerful, pulse pounding emotion. Yet, at the same time the music is often poignant.
There is a seamless transition to tracks ten through fifteen which were composed by Randy Edelman and are likewise beautiful, but lighter and more ephemeral in tone. The music is more hopeful and mellow, yet at the same time wondrously melodic.
The collaborative efforts of the two composers have produced a timeless masterpiece. This is a CD to treasure.
on 2 November 2000
Last of the Mohicans is the best movie I have ever seen. The acting is wonderful, very picturesque and the emotion is intense. The soundtrack is the best soundtrack I have ever listened to in the entire 19 years of my life. Everytime I listen to it, I get very excited and emotionally overcome by its wonderful awe. I would recommend any and everyone to buy the CD because it is worthwhile. I really treasure this CD and thats why I have rated it a 5 star. If I could I would give it 6, thats how good it is!
on 19 June 2010
What can I say? This is amazing. That's it, I suppose. I don't know if it captures the American Indian culture well, but whatever it does, the music is hilariously good. As in really rather good. There's the main theme which sends shivers down you spine when listened to at over 0 decibels, there's the soft, beautiful pieces like 'Cora' and there's everything in between. Quite a few pieces use the main theme in a 'theme and variation' sort of way, but the theme is suitably amazing and every single piece suitably original anyway, for this not to be a problem. Buy it, love it, and try listening to it too, that helps.
on 18 January 2008
Really haunting and atmospheric.I Lost my first original copy of this cd and was so pleased to see that it is still available now after all these years.
on 25 August 2013
You have to admit it-no film is complete without the music to add to the film to give it some real quality! The last of the Mohicans is an excellent film,and to add to the film,the music gave the film a real feel of what it was like to those who made a life for them selves in an untamed land.
This CD is a must for the fans of the film and for those who lave a touch if real quality music-get it!
on 8 February 2002
The mystical beauty of the land is captured in awe inspriing scores in this CD. Sit back, relax and feel inspired to do some good.
on 7 November 1999
This joint offering from composers Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman delivers the best music from this modern epic on a 16 track CD. The film stars Daniel Day-Lewis, Madeline Stowe, Johdi May, and Steven Waddington and is a liberal interpretation of the book by Fenimore-Cooper, directed by Micheal Mann. The first time I saw the film, one of the main things that stayed with me for ages after was the score. In turns haunting, romantic and dramatic, the score complemented the action parts and the slower parts equally well, but is just as rewarding as stand alone music on a CD. Standout tracks for me include tracks 1 (main title), 2 (the hunt), 6 (the epic end piece Promentory)and the final track 16, a hypnotic celtic piece by Clannad used in the film. This is one of the most played soundtracks in my collection and in my opinion is an undiscovered gem. A most deserved five stars go out to it.
on 30 January 2016
I saw the film Last of the Mohicans again a few months back and had forgotten how powerful it was, however it is actually the music which makes the film so good. Was so glad to find this soundtrack CD on Amazon.
The first track, the main theme of the film, runs through many of the following passages and culminates it's full power on track 6, Promentory, which for me is the most beautiful track on the album.
This is without doubt a marvellous album, powerful and passionate.
on 20 January 2011
great C.D. once royal mail found my house. orderd before christmas landed on the door mat 20/01/2011.