5.0 out of 5 stars Visually stunning, musically moving
The Last of the Mohicans is both an incredible film, and a beautiful soundtrack. It is the all time number one movie and soundtrack in my household, which includes two teenage children!
The film itself is wonderful, and I have watched it many times, owning it both on VHS and DVD. I never tire of it. The story is
thrilling, romantic, tragic, uplifting, what more...
Published on 21 Aug 2002 by laineyf

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon downloads failed so can't review
Amazon downloads failed so can't review.
Prompted to upgrade the amazon downloader during the process.
Updated downloader is empty.
Cannot find anywhere to re-download.
System sucks ass.
Going to iTunes. It's 1 dearer but I can download form all my devices and play instantly.
As no download has taken place, please refund immediately.
Published on 25 Jun 2012 by Hypno Ch'an

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Visually stunning, musically moving, 21 Aug 2002
laineyf "widnes" (warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
thrilling, romantic, tragic, uplifting, what more do you want?
The casting is excellent, everyone is excellent, and the fight
scene is truly thrilling. The soundtrack is the most moving and beautiful music that I have ever heard, totally fitting the movie. If I play the soundtrack, then I have to watch the movie.
I personally like Promontory best, but all of the music is so
lovely, it is hard to find a favourite. This is an all round
great movie and soundtrack, and I would, and do, recommend it to everyone. If you haven't seen it yet, why not? If you don't own the soundtrack, then buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars ACHINGLY BEAUTIFUL..., 19 Feb 2003
Lawyeraau (Balmoral Castle) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I had never before bought a soundtrack for a movie that wasn't a musical. This was an exception. Who couldn't help but buy this CD? It is simply one of the most beautiful movie soundtracks of all time, as it perfectly conveys the romance, urgency, and adventure of the movie. It resonates and soars, capturing the essence of the film.
Beautifully orchestrated, tracks one through nine were composed by Trevor Jones, and his use of drums, brass, and strings to convey the sweeping saga of the movie is masterful and full of powerful, pulse pounding emotion. Yet, at the same time the music is often poignant.
There is a seamless transition to tracks ten through fifteen which were composed by Randy Edelman and are likewise beautiful, but lighter and more ephemeral in tone. The music is more hopeful and mellow, yet at the same time wondrously melodic.
The collaborative efforts of the two composers have produced a timeless masterpiece. This is a CD to treasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Softens your mind in a poetic manner, 8 Feb 2002
By A Customer
The mystical beauty of the land is captured in awe inspriing scores in this CD. Sit back, relax and feel inspired to do some good.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent movie and a brilliant soundtrack, 2 Nov 2000
Last of the Mohicans is the best movie I have ever seen. The acting is wonderful, very picturesque and the emotion is intense. The soundtrack is the best soundtrack I have ever listened to in the entire 19 years of my life. Everytime I listen to it, I get very excited and emotionally overcome by its wonderful awe. I would recommend any and everyone to buy the CD because it is worthwhile. I really treasure this CD and thats why I have rated it a 5 star. If I could I would give it 6, thats how good it is!

5.0 out of 5 stars evokes sensitivity, provoking sentimentality, 23 Jan 2000
As soon as i saw the film, i knew that i had to have the soundtrack. The music in any film is integral to the emotional response of its audience. Moving and somewhat inspiring, this soundtrack definitly does its job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of CD bought in France, 5 Dec 1999
By A Customer
three years ago I tried to aquire this sondtrack, I was told it had been discontinued. I had seen it in France in 1997. I tried a record shop in Vannes, Brittany and there it was. The music is superb, I have listened to many very good Film Sountracks but to my mind this the best. A haunting theme repeated over many tracks played with different intensity. The film is the soundtrack and the soundtrack is the film. Last of the Mohicans is the sountrack of the century.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, stirring score from the epic adventure film, 7 Nov 1999
This joint offering from composers Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman delivers the best music from this modern epic on a 16 track CD. The film stars Daniel Day-Lewis, Madeline Stowe, Johdi May, and Steven Waddington and is a liberal interpretation of the book by Fenimore-Cooper, directed by Micheal Mann. The first time I saw the film, one of the main things that stayed with me for ages after was the score. In turns haunting, romantic and dramatic, the score complemented the action parts and the slower parts equally well, but is just as rewarding as stand alone music on a CD. Standout tracks for me include tracks 1 (main title), 2 (the hunt), 6 (the epic end piece Promentory)and the final track 16, a hypnotic celtic piece by Clannad used in the film. This is one of the most played soundtracks in my collection and in my opinion is an undiscovered gem. A most deserved five stars go out to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an absolutely brilliant, wonderful cd, 16 Nov 1999
By A Customer
Few movies have soundtracks that are as wonderful as this one is. Of course, many movies feature great songs by a variety of artists and that makes them eclectic and fun to listen to as they combine such a wide variety of styles. But movies with original scores and/or songs can really swing either way. This soundtrack hits the nail on the head. The movie is quite intense, as most movies featuring Daniel Day-Lewis tend to be, and the music matches it perfectly. Highly intense and passionate music, once I saw the movie the soundtrack was an absolute must have. Many people who haven't seen this movie find this cd wonderful, and virtually everyone I know who has seen this move raves about the music almost immediately. I have lost two copies of this cd and am convinced that other converts must have nabbed it -likely someone in my family. And I plan to buy it again. Few albums are worth buying three times.

5.0 out of 5 stars motion picture, 20 Jan 2011
great C.D. once royal mail found my house. orderd before christmas landed on the door mat 20/01/2011.

5.0 out of 5 stars last of the mohicans, 18 Jan 2008
S. smith - See all my reviews
Really haunting and atmospheric.I Lost my first original copy of this cd and was so pleased to see that it is still available now after all these years.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›