on 13 March 2012
I have dealt with my fair share of junk in my time, poorly thought out and ill designed etc.

After having read the reviews for this, I approached it with a lot of trepidation especially as I had been considering one from Makro for nearly the same price including VAT and that was a flimsy, skinny looking thing and so that was about as much as I expected. To be honest, I went for this as it qualified for Amazon Prime although it didn't have too many reviews.

Firstly, delivery was mighty fast, about 48 hours from click to door-bell which is not at all bad considering I am in Northern Ireland. My big concerns were about connectors that didn't work and and a mysterious 'belt' that kept slipping off. I don't know about any belt, I assume it lives inside the scooter-like bit of the machine and the connectors and connections all work perfectly. Mind you, I paid extra attention to them in case they proved to be problematic! As a graduate in Aeronautical Engineering, I like to think I have an eye for design and I can honestly say this is a very high quality product for the money. It is over-engineered if anything which goes some way to explaining its 33+ Kilo weight. All the connectors slot into place securely and correctly and the end of the assembly process gave me a great feeling of satisfaction.

The only fiddly bit was mounting the vertical cross bar and that needed another pair of hands to hold the vertical piece as a sensor and the tension cable both need to be connected at the same time but the whole thing can be built single-handedly if required with a bit of ingenuity.

Once up and running, there is a bit of side to side movement but absolutely nothing out of the norm or to worry about. The tension adjustment is disappointing as I honestly can't tell much of a difference between 1 and any other setting including 8. Maybe I missed out something somewhere but this gives a fantastic workout nonetheless. Another drawback is the basic nature of the display. If it had proper inputs to take in weight and height to give out more accurate calorie counting, it would be good BUT, this is one of those machines which is conservative in its calorie estimate which can only be a good thing for people like me who are looking to lose weight.

Just an update: I have discovered that the tension selector actually works very well, it's just that the way it does it is subtle. If you are exercising on level 2 say, and you turn it up to 8, it will kill you stone dead in a minute or less. So very, very good indeed and very impressive!
0Comment|189 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 March 2012
A bit fiddly to build, but excellent value for money. Sturdy, Quiet, and does the job. I recommend this to anyone
on 29 September 2015
I was a bit unsure about this because some of the reviews were quite mixed. However, I am glad that I did. The things that I wanted to know prior to purchasing were:-
a) How easy is it to put together?
b) How stable is it?
c) How storable/moveable/space consuming?
d) Is it noisy?
e) Is it easy to use/challenging enough etc.
So, to answer these questions:-
a) It is very difficult to put together. The assembly instructions were (for me) hard to follow and I needed my husband with his boyhood experience of meccano to help me...there is also a very fiddly bit that involves threading the wire through the central tube, which definitely needs two pairs of hands.
b) Once assembled, it is extremely stable. It is heavy, so the weight keeps it stable regardless of how much pounding I give it. It does not move about at all.
c) It isn't storable. It's quite large so needs a space of it's own. It's also heavy so whilst you can move it, and I have moved it, you wouldn't want to do this often and it doesn't fold away.
d) Its absolutely silent and I can easily hear the television over it. I have it at 1st floor level and it cannot be heard from the room below.
e) I am not (or was not) particularly fit and my first time on it lasted about 2-mins! It is, however, very easy to use ( standing and sitting and backward and forwards without putting stress on any joints) and I have now built my time up to 4x10mins per day - this works for me...because I have neither the stamina nor the interest to exercise indefinitely. The tension can be adjusted very easily so whilst I have the tension set relatively low, my husband, who is considerably fitter, increases the tension and is able to use it quite happily as well. I would have given this product five stars, or at least 4.5 but I have deducted one because if I hadn't had help, I would not have been able to assemble it.
on 26 July 2010
I bought this elliptical trainer as I'm looking to get fit but don't have time to go gym so wanted some equipment I could use at home. I was initially going to get a treadmill but this was not only cheaper but i thought prob more variety as 2in1 cycle also. Assembly pretty easy I put it together on my own took a while but by no means difficult. Package arrived on time but weighed a tonn and was near impossible getting it up 3 flights of stairs. Size wise, when assembled, bigger than I thought but still ok if you live in a house you'll be fine if u live in a flat like me u may struggle a little depending on how much space u have.
Physically sturdy but the cross trainer feels a touch unsteady the 1st time u use it esp if you're used to quality of equipment at the gym but once you get used to it its fine. I've had no probs with mine and for what I've paid I'm pretty happy. Def the better of all the options I looked at. The computer is a little basic in its measurements but incl. calories, speed, distance & pulse. If you're just looking to get fit I would recommend this but if you're looking for an all dancing singing exercise machine I'd say invest a little more and buy a well known brand!!
0Comment|158 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2014
I have been umming and ahhing over a cross trainer or treadmill for ages but in the end I decided a cross trainer / Bike would be better as it doesn't add more electricity to an already suicidal bill (or so my father likes to tell me).
I researched loads of them and I kept coming back to this one. Having read the reviews I must say I was more than a little dubious about it only because of this belt issue that keeps arising but I thought I'd buy it anyway as I have a year to get it replaced if anything goes wrong.

Very heavy box but I managed to move it where I needed it. I personally didn't have any trouble putting this together, I'm no engineer (only with computers) but it took me about 1 and 1/2 hours and that included my crazy cat batting the screws around and running away with the Alan Key. Check you have all the pieces before assembling and simply read the instructions and you will be fine, a few of the screws come placed in the places they are to go anyway so that helps.

Once I had built it I got on it straight away and did 40 minutes on level 4 and I could definitely feel it once I got off so I have no doubt this will aid in helping me get fit again. The bike is harder for me but then im only 5ft and have to stretch a bit but its not too much of an issue. Its very sturdy and I had none of this side to side swaying issue, it stays in one place and doesn't move whilst on it but every easy to role if you want to move it and doesn't take much space at all.
I am very much a gym person but with work commitments I find it hard to justify the price of a gym when i don't get there everyday and this is a great quality product for the price, I cant see it breaking any time soon and all of my family has been on it (my mother couldn't even move it which was pretty hilarious its gotta be said)

The reason for four stars is I have only had it for a week so cant give any kind of rating in regards to lifespan, and that the foot pedals make a bit of a clicking noise but I think I have tightened the bolts a bit too harshly.

Overall cant and wont complain for the price I paid for this as for home equipment its very good. if you are looking for a cross trainer / bike that can give you work outs and has a resistance of 30, measures your pulse (it does come with a basic calorie counter and timer but if you want anything in-depth it wont help you) and tells you how amazing you are and to just keep going this really isn't for you. If you want gym quality go to the gym or spend a grand. if you want to get fit in your own home without paying the earth you wont go wrong with this.
on 15 April 2012
Used this quite a few times since it arrived. Went together quite easily - in fact it was up and running in about 30 minutes. The tools are supplied with it but I have had to re-tighten bits with my own tools as you can't get enough leverage with the ones supplied.
I'm fairly fit as I play football once or twice a week and find level 2 of the 8 quite enough for a 30 to 40 minute workout.
The seat is nice to sit on mid workout, helping you keep the session going, but as a bike the pedals are set a bit too far forward and makes it quite hard work (you end up doing most of the work with your arms). The seat is adjustable but it just isn't right for a bike - you need it to be over the pedals.
My wife is small @ 4'11 and she finds it very hard going - especially on the knees and the bike is really hard for her, even on level 1.
I would also suggest putting it on a non-slip mat if you have laminate flooring as it constantly slides forward, I've put one under the back legs & this seems to do the trick. Stick it in front of the tv as well and do your workout while watching it, ignore the display until you stop and you don't realise how long you've been going.
on 5 October 2014
Not small but neither too big. If you have a big enough lounge it will tuck into a corner. Does move, though. A good idea is to have a small mat under the front support as it leaves indentations in the carpet so it may wear there. We like it in the living room because you can watch TV and not notice the time.
I use the crosstrainer and it does leave you puffed. The reach is not quite as long as I would have liked, but not complaints. Good for the price.
My husband uses the bike and uses his arms on the crosstrainer. Good if you are not particularly mobile (my husband) as it allows you to sit and still exercise and maybe progress to the crosstrainer.
Very please with it.
on 16 March 2012
We first ordered a different cycle trainer from another supplier. After 5 weeks we were finally told it was out of stock. The V-fit ordered through Amazon was cheaper and arrived in 24 hours. The machine is a self assembly job. It was complete, including tools. As a former aircraft mechanic I was impressed by the quality of the V-fit parts especially the 'stiff-nuts' that are used on aircraft because they stay tight and do not work loose with vibration. We've now had the V-fit for less than a month and though much older than the average athlete we use it every day including a warm up. The results both mental and physical are already obvious and best of all we no longer need to join a boring gym, no membership fees, no waiting to use the equipment. I can say with certainty that our V-Fit will not finish up in the shed gathering dust. It is in the bedroom for daily use by both of us. As we get older fitness becomes more important and difficult to maintain. We've found the answer.
on 18 October 2013
What a brilliant trainer for the money. Had read the reviews before purchase and was a little worried about building it. Shouldn't have been as it was easy and the instructions were very clear. If you can build anything from Ikea then this should be no problem.
on 24 March 2012
Before i purchased this I sat for hours looking at reviews, the bad reviews put me off a bit but in the end i decided to just buy it. It was delivered in 2 days and i built it myself with the help of my partner. im a 23yr old girl, ive always been slim but wanted to get a bit trimmer for summer and dont have time for the gym. Whilst building it i thought it might be too easy for me, but i was very wrong. My legs burn on the lowest setting after about 3 minutes (possibly because i am so unfit). This is exactly what i was looking for and think it will do the job to get me looking a bit slimmer for summer. Would recomend to anyone.