5.0 out of 5 stars THANK YOU!!!
Published on 13 Jan 2011 by Mr. T. Korciubasas

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not create lead out
Had this device about a fortnight.works ok until its time to create a lead out.will not do this. at this point it says the dvd is blank.
the only way to continue is to restart the computer and the it displays whats recorded.
the computer is running on 64bit windows 7.very dissapointing for which is otherwise a good product
UPDATE
Problem now solved...
Published on 23 Feb 2011 by G. Mokes

5.0 out of 5 stars THANK YOU!!!, 13 Jan 2011
Mr. T. Korciubasas (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: USB 2.0 Video Capture Device. Convert Video+Audio from VHS, V8, Hi8, All Camcorders, Video Recorder, DVD player, Satellite TV, Freeview etc. Capture xbox360 & playstation3 in PAL 60 colour. Includes Arcsoft Showbiz 3.5 editing software. Upload videos direct to YouTube . Supports Windows XP/Vista + Windows 7 32/64, **Windows 8 /8.1 32bit and 64bit** and Mac OSX up to Mavericks (10.9.4) + *FREE AV cable & SCART adaptor* (Electronics)
SUPPERB! Honest, Thank you so much! For years I've coped something like 50 mini DV tapes, and my camera wouldn't work with PC or mac, (thanks to Sony Handycam software that is useless)and the Mini DV player costs around £500,(because it's not in production anymore), Now slowly, but easily transferring all the videos and instantly editing it and converting to whatever I want. Really easy to use software and hardware, you just plug and play as people say. Thanks a gain

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful thing - technology., 12 Jun 2011
Super buy.
Arrived withion 2 days of ordering. I am not a techno whiz, but i followed the instructions,, just, and eventually it all installed first time, including EZ Grabber, but not the Honestec software, Then it was time to put it to the test. I very gingerly put a VHS tape into my old Matsui recorder, at least 20 years old, and not out of the box for the past 4 years, connected the cables, (AV), and pressed PLAY. Miracle, on the computer screen was the recording I made umpteen years ago. I pressed the record button on the little white thing, and watched it record. stopped it after 15 minutes, and played it back. super.
Have now recorded one hours video, and transferred it onto my external HD, and played it from there. No problem.
Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars VIDEO CAPTURE EQUIPMENT, 2 Dec 2010
This piece of equipment is the best option I have found to copy either protected DVD;s or VHS video onto a computer hard drive in a format that can be played back through a multi media centre and a television. I bought along the way other items all of which were useless one was cheaper and anpther over £100. All except this one gave problems. The software provided worked straight away on a;ll of my computers and it even searched the internet for updates automatically...... it was so good that I have bought two of them and so can copy twice as fast

5.0 out of 5 stars Video grabber, 2 Feb 2011
Fast delivery. Exactly as described. Read the instructions, manual, and troubleshooting guide before starting. Hardware and software intalled first time, and set-up easily. Trial recording from PVR, and burning to DVD, worked first time. Happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars VHS to computer to cd converter, 14 Oct 2012
Hi had a friend take a vhs to a well know camera shop to have it put on dvd they charged her £20, i have at least 20 VHS tapes of footage and knew i wouldnt be able to afford it, kept thinking if they can do it there must be something out there for me, so i got straight on to amazon to find something that would do the job, i had kept a perfect working vhs recorder as i knew one day i would need it wasnt to long before i had made my choice looked at all the reviews and checked all the leads on the photo to see if i had the right connections on the vhs recorder.
I am over the moon with this product it was so easy to install and use as long as you read the instructions step by step you can`t go wrong it was so important to me that i had updated the footage from vhs to dvd as there were so many of my family whom i have lost especially my mum and brother yes i could have kept watching the tapes but were affraid that they would perish or get stuck in the recorder this way i have moved with the times and found they are of a much better quality can`t praise this product enough fantastic i also have made several copies and are giving them to the rest of my family for christmas presents as memories to cherish for ever

1.0 out of 5 stars Will not create lead out, 23 Feb 2011
G. Mokes "sekom700" (uk) - See all my reviews
UPDATE
Problem now solved with the help of Climax The size the DVD Burner will handle is critical.you need 8.5 gig discs to accomodate the size of the video so the burner must be able to handle a file of this size

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be easier video capture, 3 May 2011
I bought this to make duplicate copies of old (Hi8) family videos before 1. the camcorder expired with age, 2. The tapes became unplayable through age, or 3. I would otherwise be limited to having to take each tape to a shop to get them put onto a DVD at £25 a throw. Installation on the PC was straight forward, as was connection to the camcorder and getting the film onto hard disk. I can't think of any improvements that could be made to make this device easier to use. Of course, make sure your camcorder battery is fully charged, or on a mains power supply, before you start - as playing back a whole tape in one go may be too much for a partly discharged battery. Also, watch out for auto power-save facilities on your PC, in case it decides to go to sleep with no keyboard or mouse input for the hour+ a typical tape takes to play back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 28 Mar 2011
I wanted to copy some old(very old) vhs tapes to my PC. Having looked and searched for some time I saw this on Amazon and was a little skeptical that it would work due to the price.Was I wrong? no its magical. Its so easy to use and converted many house of recordings perfectly. A bonus was that when I connected an aerial to the VHS machine I could also record live TV (5 channels only of course) The only mystery I found was that another program was installed at the same time (EZ GRABBER) tried this as well but it was very poor so stuck to HONESTECH. with no problems. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Gadget, 26 Nov 2013
P. H. Cartwright "9f" (Crawley, Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is in two parts. For those who, like me, have a short attention span for reviews (and much else) I will briefly say that, in my experience, this is an excellent device, which met its claims and enabled me to retrieve some old home video tapes and put them on my computer. If your playback device has an S-video output I would certainly use it, as picture quality is markedly superior to composite video. I can happily recommend the video capture device which actually works well, unlike others I have bought, and is excellent value for money.

Those of you interested in the nitty-gritty details of my experience can read on. Back in 2002 I was going on holiday to Florida for the first time and bought a video camera for this special occasion. This was a last-minute decision and so I just purchased the most affordable camera from my local electrical shop. This was a Sony DCR-TRV120E, the basic model in Sony's then range of Digital 8 video cameras. Digital 8 was an intermediate technology between 8 mm analogue tapes and the full-blown digital generations with, first, DVD and later memory card storage. Digital 8 used digital recording on analogue tapes using the same helical scanning technique also used on VHS tapes. For playback the cameras had analogue outputs in both composite video and S-video formats and, theoretically, digital output in Sony's variant on the IEEE 1394 firewire protocol, which Sony called i.LINK.

Obviously I wanted to use the i.LINK digital output on my camera to transfer videos to my computer. I bought firewire-to-USB and firewire-to-firewire cables to enable such a transfer but nothing worked. Reference to various internet forums revealed all kinds of problems with this kind of transfer from the Sony DCR-TRV120E with people loading obsolete firewire drivers and so on to their computers, with mixed success. Eventually I decided that analogue frame capture, with its consequent degradation in quality, was the only practical way forward. I found this device on the amazon.co.uk website and decided to take the plunge. I had tried this approach several years ago with a well-known frame-grabber product (Dazzle?) on my previous Windows XP computer. This had not worked at all, so I was not overly hopeful.

However, this device worked like a charm straight out of the box, on my desktop computer running Windows 7 64-bit. It is a reasonably powerful PC with an Intel i5 processor and with 8 GB of memory. I had no problems with USB interruptions, which some users reported. The supplied ArcSoft ShowBiz software worked very well for data capture, once I had followed the instructions (!) and made the proper connections. The initial results, using the composite video connection, were a little disappointing, with a fair amount of detail lost in the slightly fuzzy image Obviously, since there are digital-to-analogue conversions in the camera followed by vice-versa in the capture device, the results are going to be degraded, but even so this was a little too fuzzy for my taste. Switching to the S-video connection, after buying yet another cable, effected a significant improvement.

Next step is to transfer a limited selection of material from my vast but garage-bound library of VHS tapes. I will update this review if any significant problems emerge, but I am confident that this great little gadget will do the business. I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works - easy set up., 19 Aug 2014
J. E. Pitt "Nickoteenster" (Denmark) - See all my reviews
I only needed this device to transfer one VHS cassette to a file on my computer hard drive. So you might think that even spending the £14 it cost was a bit of an indulgence. But this was a 30-year-old full size VHS tape that I'd made a home video on way back then. This in a time of no internet and YouTube, no reality shows, no mobile phones and no-one had a video camera.

I filmed my mom, dad, sister, brother and all my friends at that time. And got them to mime to songs and do silly sketches. It was great. The tape is very worn and is difficult to play now. Plus it's grainy because of the low quality of cameras and the sound isn't too good - so given another couple of years it would be unplayable.

Therefore getting this device was justifiable. I was very sceptical whether or not it would work. But it was very easy to set-up and connect to the computer and it did what it was supposed to do.

Now I have the entire tape transferred to a file on the computer and I am now in the process of taking the individual performances of my friends and family and putting the now enhanced clips on YouTube making them immortal! Even my late dad of six parodying "Sex Talk" song by Dr. Hook all those years ago.

The device worked for me.