Colour Name: Blue|Size: Triple|Change
Price:£4.67+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 7 September 2010
What more to say except these are great pens and a great price. Delivery was fast and efficient. I have used these pens for 10yrs+ and use no other. Great value, there is plenty of ink, much cheaper in the long run. Quality. I've written hundreds of thousands of words with these, and at times used for drawing.
on 17 July 2010
Don't know if I'd go quite as far as writing a poem to my favourite pen, but I've used V5s for years - and they're the ones for me.

They last and last - the ink never dries in the pen - and they are consistent (no need to shake). You can see how much ink is left through a "window". Occasionally there's a leakage from the business end of the pen, but only if the nib is damaged, but I've used them on planes, without a problem.

The nib, a thin tube around 4 mm long, can get bent (as the poet's review alluded to) but it doesn't happen unless you're careless.

In the end, you have to decide whether want a throwaway pen - like a cheap Biro - or a decent pen which writes well, is good to hold, and is durable. If the latter, then there are few better pens for the money.
on 20 July 2012
Love these V5 pens so much!

I had one years ago and then picked up a red one at work which reminded me of how nice they were.

So smooth, comfortable and enjoyable to write with......

Go get some!
on 18 November 2012
They arrived by post in a couple of days and are fabulous quality. I have bought these before, but not at this excellent price. Ther perform to the usual Pilot standard.. well pleased, thanks
on 14 February 2011
I use these for marking children's work. Fine 0.5 or 0.7 means you can write above words, in the margin. Ideal pens, never seem to leak, dont give up the ghost if you leave the top off...come in a variety of colours (my favourite is the green!!) once you've used them, you won't go back to using anything comparative. I buy in boxes of 12..much cheaper than individually, but also because I seem to loose a lot to colleagues. Hmm.
on 5 February 2013
...Between a good pen and a great pen, and this pen draws the line, and then crosses it. I love these pens, so much so that I never use anything else for any purpose...Packed lunch? Eat one of these. Cleaning the car? Use this! Fabulous...Oh yes, and they draw like a dream too. Nice, crisp, sharp lines, very little smudging. A couple of people have mentioned leaking, but we all leak occasionally, don't we? Who am I to comment...
on 7 May 2012
I cannot buy these pens locally so I was delighted to discover them on Amazon. They are excellent for crosswords and sodokus as the nib is so fine.
on 19 February 2016
Pens. We all use them. Apart from those that can’t. Not because they refuse, but for legitimate reasons beyond their control. If you are one of those people, stop reading here, there is nothing here for you.

It all began on a tiresome Tuesday afternoon, as I sat in the office looking out at the grey misery that mother nature had graced us with that lunchtime, I began to ponder. Typically I ponder my life, death and women, often a combination of all three simultaneously. However, today my mind wasn’t on any of those things, my mind was distracted, it was thinking about pens.

I’ve never had neat handwriting, it’s not for the want of trying, I was mocked both openly and discreetly by girls in primary school for the illegibility of my sentences, it still haunts me.

Back to the office and I’m looking down at my black biro and I begin to wonder that maybe, after all this time, it wasn’t my ability that was holding me back, maybe it was all because I was using the wrong pen. With a new found vigour, I searched online for my perfect pen soulmate, I stumbled across the V5 HI-TECPOINT and it looked particularly exciting, I ordered almost instantly.

Fast forward three days and I’m tearing through cardboard like an unfortunate drug addict looking for a drug to lick/swallow. A pack of three is what I’d bought, my reasoning behind this is simple, aside from my virginity, I lose things very quickly.

My first test was the word test, how would the V5 HI-TECPOINT fair vs my peasant biro.

Check out the results for yourself below:

reindeer

You might be wondering why I chose the word ‘reindeer’ and the truth is, I have no idea. But as you can see, the V5 HI-TECPOINT comes out on top, although it also resulted in my letters becoming smaller, this seems to be one of the added benefits of the pen.

The next test was the doodle test, I opted for a standard doodle that when given a doodle request I tend to reach for.

(Check Picture)

As you can see there is a slight but clear difference between each bird, the V5 is the winner in this round.

(Check Picture)

The third test was crucial, the smell test, I smelt the pen and it didn’t smell of anything, either that or I had a cold but I don’t think I did. I also smelled my biro which has the faintest aroma of McCoys Salt & Vinegar crisps. Not sure why, I hate them.

To conclude, is the V5 better than my black biro? Yes. Obviously. Has the V5 Hi-Tec Point revolutionised my office work? The simple answer is no, I barely used my pen anyway because contrary to what my primary school teacher told me, neat handwriting as an adult is actually a very pointless skill in a world of keyboards. However, as for my doodles, they have fractionally improved and the pen does not smudge at all which in my book is the most important feature.

Rating: 72/100
review image review image
on 30 December 2012
A pen that gives a lovely flow without too much pressure required. Gives a fine print style well worth the price , a good quality pen..
on 16 September 2010
I've had you many times
Every one a pleasure
I know that you're disposable
But nothing lasts forever

I've learnt to love your deficiencies
Like your ever fading shaft
And accept your eccentricities
You don't like it in the bath

Through carelessness I've bent your nib
Whilst bored I've sucked your end
And when I lived in Austria
I flirted with some other pens

Came crawling back to you though
Found nothing that was better
I'll never use another pen
For a crossword, exam or letter

If you ever become discontinued
I'll pre-emptively buy a lifetime's supply
The Pilot Hi-Tecpoint V5 extra fine Liquid Ink Rollerball