4.0 out of 5 stars Good lamp, with one reservation
Published on 5 Feb 2010 by C. Nelms

3.0 out of 5 stars plastic material
the light is good as is the design, unfortunaatelly the issue is on the material plastic and not the stronger as the caracterisc of the lamp is the flexibility you need to be carefull to the joint when change the position as it breack easily ( it happened twice to me) unforntunately cannot be fixed and is going to the bin
Published on 10 Dec 2011 by A. Figlia

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good lamp, with one reservation, 5 Feb 2010
C. Nelms (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Energy Saving Desk Lamp, Reading Lamp D33040 (Office Product)
This is a good lamp and I'm delighted with it but it does take some getting used to. The light from it is very white and cold, quite different from the standard bulbs in the Anglepoise desk lamp I had previously. Walking into the room when only this lamp is on creates a harsh, cold atmosphere similar to some LED lamps. However once you get used to it the lamp gives an excellent, clear light for reading or any other close work, and all colours can be seen accurately and clearly. In fact one criticism is that it shows every speck of dust, every fingerprint on my desk!

The other point to note is that this lamp is supplied with a good, heavy, weighted base, and also a clamp to use on the edge of a desk, tabletop, or workbench. The round base is metal and gives confidence that the lamp is fully supported. In contrast the clamp seems like an afterthought. Apart from the threaded metal bar, all components of the clamp are plastic, including the nut that you tighten to grip the desk (and curiously, despite ordering the white lamp all the plastic clamp components were black!). This gives me no confidence at all. I can see the plastic support move as I adjust the lamp. I'm convinced that after a few years at most one of these plastic parts will fail leaving me having to use the weighted base. I have removed one star for this reason.

In conclusion if you want a bright, adjustable lamp for reading, sewing, model-making or any other close work with good colour rendition this is the lamp for you. But be prepared for that cold white light, and don't expect the clamp to last.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for painting, 10 Dec 2011
Ms. Louise Mallard (Hampshire England) - See all my reviews
I use the lamp for close work painting and whilst it provides the perfect daylight effect, it is not as flexible as an architect angle poise lamp, as i find it difficult to direct the long head into the best angle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful daylight light, 30 Mar 2013
This is a well made light which can be positioned in any that you like. The light is super clear and makes a big difference when doing jigsaws.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daylight in the dark Winter days., 20 Jan 2013
Mr. Eric L. Malley (Blantyre, Scotland) - See all my reviews
As I am interested in watercolour painting I find it frustrating that the natural daylight is so poor and short during the winter months. To work under normal electric lighting is annoying and frustrating as colours can't be accurate, not to mention the strain on yourself.
I am pleased that I have purchased this lamp which has enabled me to work in good ( daylight ) lighting and continue painting even after sundown. When first switched on I found that it is a white light which is given off. When working under this light I am able to see colours much better and progress with the work. The lamp can be positioned above the work without being an obstruction, it's cantilever style enables it to placed on another surface about 3 feet away avoiding cluttering the work area.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good allround lamp - lacking a little adjustability, 7 Mar 2011
A good lamp; when used with a daylight fluorescent bulb casts a nice pure white light. Ideal for close-up work such as fine drawing on paper - and is fine to use close to my computer monitor.

Only gripe is that the lamp itself doesn't swivel very well. Fine tuning the lamp position isn't great but all in all I'm pleased with my purchase. Oh, if I'm being really picky, the plastic casing to the bulb is a slightly more 'yellow' white than the metal supports and stand but life's WAY too short!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A light experience, 27 Dec 2013
This is a fantastic product, as an ex lighting professional I can confirm the true benefits of this light source if you need a high quality local light source for colour/ intensity and minimal shadowing this is a product worth considering if you are working with fine detail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading lamp, 6 Feb 2011
Lawman (SE England) - See all my reviews
I just built an office in my garden and installed 7 overhead lights as I do a lot of reading. The lighting was inadequate so after a lot of searching I bought this lamp. It solves the problem really well. I recommend it as a good reading lamp.
Since I wrote the above about 2 years ago I have since bought another of these for my office and one for home. Am just thinking of buying a fourth. I have had no problems - not even a bulb has failed.

5.0 out of 5 stars My new Reading Lamp, 30 Dec 2013
The lamp was a Christmas present and I was delighted with it. It was the easiest thing I have ever been required to assemble and is capable of instant and effective adjustment. A most inredible light is obtained from it and this takes little time to become used to.
I now find it far mnore acceptable than the normal lighgt source I was used to for so many years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Energy Saving Desk Lamp, Reading Lamp D33040, 28 Feb 2013
Christine "Lis" (NOTTINGHAM, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is a sturdy daylight lamp with a safe, heavy base which is a great help to anybody with poor eyesight. Very good for reading, sewing and close work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Replaced a previous lamp., 9 Dec 2012
Mr. R.D.. (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I previous owned a lamp of this type, unfortunately the transformer failed after eight years use. The Daylight Lamp Co. was unable to offer a spare part to repair, and they were unable to offer a repair service. This lamp is used to illuminate watercolour painting in the Winter in my studio when daylight hours are short. To continue my hobby as an amature painter during the Winter, I have bought this as a replacement lamp as it fulfils my needs.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›