5.0 out of 5 stars works with my mac book pro
Published on 17 Jan 2011 by absuk

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but it's flaky
The cable is not well shielded from interference. If phone is placed near the cable, 2G GSM signal sometimes causes screen to flicker or temporarily disconnect.

Other than that it's OK, supports 2560x1600 from Thunderbolt MacBook.
Published on 29 Mar 2011 by steam roll cheese

5.0 out of 5 stars works with my mac book pro, 17 Jan 2011
This review is from: StarTech.com Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter Cable - Video/Audio Cable - Mini-DisplayPort (M) - 20 pin DisplayPort (M) - 1.8 m - Latched (Personal Computers)
I hope this is helpful, i bought this and tried to connect it with my mac book pro to my Dell 27 Ultra-sharp, at first it didn't work, so for a few days i thought it was just not up to it, so contacted StarTech support, never done this before especially for a 'cable', they told me to turn the laptop to lower resolution and bang. it worked. no i got it running at 2560 x 1440.. everything is super sharp.

awsome.

cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as advertised, 3 Aug 2011
G. J. Krupa "GJK" (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this to connect my 2010 MacBook Pro to a new 27" Dell monitor. Worked perfectly out of the box and unlike MDP->HDMI adapters allows me to use the full resolution of the monitor.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Solution, 20 May 2012
Dash S (London, UK) - See all my reviews
A must have for anyone wanting to drive a (non-Apple) high resolution display with a Mac. I recently upgraded my old monitor to a Dell U2711 and was disappointed to find that my 2011 Mac Mini (Sandy Bridge i5 with Intel HD 3000 graphics) wasn't able to push past 1080p. I tried various adapters and cables and thought that I would have to fork out 70 for the dual-link DVI adapter Apple sells. Thankfully, someone pointed me in the direction of this cable first.

It works a charm, no issues whatsoever. My Mini picked up that there were a few resolution options now available above 1920x1080 including the full 2560x1440 which made everything pin sharp (I was also pleased to find that my Mini didn't struggle driving such a high res monitor)

It also shipped out earlier then expected which was a plus and arrived the day after I got the dispatch email.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with a Dell U2711 and Macbook Air, 24 May 2012
I took a punt on buying a Dell U2711 and simply crossed fingers that this cable would do the trick and give me the monitors' full resolution of 2560x1440 with my late 2011 Macbook Air.

Suffice to say it does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 8 April 2011
So far working well. I have a new macbookpro 15" Thunderbolt version and I've connected this to my NEC PA271W monitor I'm getting the Highest possible resolution not sure about full colour range as yet and I can't seem to get the mbp to work with the lid shut, but will no doubt use the dual screens anyhow.
Will update if any problems occur.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but it's flaky, 29 Mar 2011

Other than that it's OK, supports 2560x1600 from Thunderbolt MacBook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality cable and works well with Macbook, just remember to adjust audio settings, 4 Sep 2012
After trying a Neet cable before this I wasn't expecting much for the price but I was pleasantly surprised by this item, the cable is quality build and the signal is great.
Just remember is using a Mac and running sound from your monitor you have to change the audio output settings one your mac to get it to work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Used with a 17" MacBook Pro, 24 Mar 2011
I purchased this cable to connect a MacBook Pro to a 27" Dell U2711 Ultrasharp monitor, at first I could not get it to work at full resolution, only 2240x1260. After searching lots of forums for a fix, I still could not get it to display the full screen resolution of 2560x1440. Then by chance in the OS10.6 displayr prefs I ticked the 'overscan' box and the screen then gave its full screen filling resolution of 2560x1440, verified also by the Mac display prefs. The cable is not very supple so it tends not to lie flat unless constrained.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets full resolution, 17 Mar 2013
DaveH48 (UK - London) - See all my reviews
I bought this cable to connect my MacBook Pro Retina to a Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM as this is the only way to get the monitors full 2560x1440 resolution.

No need to adjust any settings, just connect and away you go.

2.0 out of 5 stars hit and miss, 2 April 2013
these were cheap but were a bit hit and miss, with the odd one causing issues and leading to flickering screens. Swapping the cable fixed it after hours of web research thinking it was a mac issue. When they work they do the job.