5.0 out of 5 stars works with my mac book pro
Published on 17 Jan. 2011 by absuk

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but it's flaky
The cable is not well shielded from interference. If phone is placed near the cable, 2G GSM signal sometimes causes screen to flicker or temporarily disconnect.

Other than that it's OK, supports 2560x1600 from Thunderbolt MacBook.
Published on 29 Mar. 2011 by steam roll cheese

5.0 out of 5 stars works with my mac book pro, 17 Jan. 2011
This review is from: StarTech.com Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort Adapter Cable - Video/Audio Cable - Mini-DisplayPort (M) - 20 pin DisplayPort (M) - 1.8 m - Latched (Personal Computers)
I hope this is helpful, i bought this and tried to connect it with my mac book pro to my Dell 27 Ultra-sharp, at first it didn't work, so for a few days i thought it was just not up to it, so contacted StarTech support, never done this before especially for a 'cable', they told me to turn the laptop to lower resolution and bang. it worked. no i got it running at 2560 x 1440.. everything is super sharp.

awsome.

cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars A Perfect Solution, 20 May 2012
Dash S (London, UK) - See all my reviews
A must have for anyone wanting to drive a (non-Apple) high resolution display with a Mac. I recently upgraded my old monitor to a Dell U2711 and was disappointed to find that my 2011 Mac Mini (Sandy Bridge i5 with Intel HD 3000 graphics) wasn't able to push past 1080p. I tried various adapters and cables and thought that I would have to fork out £70 for the dual-link DVI adapter Apple sells. Thankfully, someone pointed me in the direction of this cable first.

It works a charm, no issues whatsoever. My Mini picked up that there were a few resolution options now available above 1920x1080 including the full 2560x1440 which made everything pin sharp (I was also pleased to find that my Mini didn't struggle driving such a high res monitor)

It also shipped out earlier then expected which was a plus and arrived the day after I got the dispatch email.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works exactly as advertised, 3 Aug. 2011
G. J. Krupa "GJK" (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this to connect my 2010 MacBook Pro to a new 27" Dell monitor. Worked perfectly out of the box and unlike MDP->HDMI adapters allows me to use the full resolution of the monitor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Used with a 17" MacBook Pro, 24 Mar. 2011
I purchased this cable to connect a MacBook Pro to a 27" Dell U2711 Ultrasharp monitor, at first I could not get it to work at full resolution, only 2240x1260. After searching lots of forums for a fix, I still could not get it to display the full screen resolution of 2560x1440. Then by chance in the OS10.6 displayr prefs I ticked the 'overscan' box and the screen then gave its full screen filling resolution of 2560x1440, verified also by the Mac display prefs. The cable is not very supple so it tends not to lie flat unless constrained.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased, 8 April 2011
So far working well. I have a new macbookpro 15" Thunderbolt version and I've connected this to my NEC PA271W monitor I'm getting the Highest possible resolution not sure about full colour range as yet and I can't seem to get the mbp to work with the lid shut, but will no doubt use the dual screens anyhow.
Will update if any problems occur.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with a Dell U2711 and Macbook Air, 24 May 2012
I took a punt on buying a Dell U2711 and simply crossed fingers that this cable would do the trick and give me the monitors' full resolution of 2560x1440 with my late 2011 Macbook Air.

Suffice to say it does the job.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works, but it's flaky, 29 Mar. 2011

Other than that it's OK, supports 2560x1600 from Thunderbolt MacBook.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality cable and works well with Macbook, just remember to adjust audio settings, 4 Sept. 2012
After trying a Neet cable before this I wasn't expecting much for the price but I was pleasantly surprised by this item, the cable is quality build and the signal is great.
Just remember is using a Mac and running sound from your monitor you have to change the audio output settings one your mac to get it to work.

5.0 out of 5 stars anyone who pays more than this for a cable is a fool!, 28 Dec. 2011
This cable is not the thickest and weighs in at the same as an average USB cable, however both ends are molded nicely and the cable seems ridged and sturdy. It comes with two hard plastic covers for both the male ends to protect them in transit but are very useful if you move around a lot! Connectors are gold plated (not that this matters!) and slot in to both my monitor (displayport) and my 2011 mac book pro (thunderbolt/mini-displayport). Connection is flawless as expected, no interference here and thats with a phone sitting on the cable on various data and cellular networks to test (after reading other reviews about such issue). All in all a fab cable at a fab price!

2.0 out of 5 stars Potentially DOA but I haven't given up yet, 18 Nov. 2014
Alex Botwright "Eventorizon" (England) - See all my reviews
Bit of a mixed review here if you can call it that.

As of mid November 2014, 6 weeks after buying the cable, I still can't get it to work. I have a Dell U2410 and a dual booted MBP 17" from mid 2010. I got this so my bother could link his 360 to the monitor via HDMI and I could keep my Mac connected via display port, rather than the Mini-display port to HDMI I was currently using.

Usually this kind of thing is plug and play. So I was very surprised when my Dell reported no input on the display port line. I switched back to the HDMI to make sure I wasn't doing something stupid but when that worked and the new cable didn't I was stumped. I tried switching OS, updating drivers and forcing the mac to turn off the GPU and make it use its on board graphics to see if there was some kind of input issue. Nothing worked.

However I haven't given up for a couple of reasons. I have never used the Dells display port in before and have no reason to believe it actually works. The mini-display out on my mac is also damaged, dropping out the green pixels if the angle is wrong with both my long and short HDMI cables. It doesn't look good but until I can confirm what is broken and what isn't I can't slag the cable off. It arrived promptly, was amply packaged and was so cheap it would cost more for me to send it back than keep it, so it could have been a lot worse.