on 1 April 2010
A great 'value for money' piece of kit. It takes only one Li-Ion battery, not two, thats not a problem as you can insert one into the actual camera and one inside the grip so you still get two + you can use cartridge which powers up with 8 batteries and on Nikon D300s you get 8fps shooting with that which is great .

Bought this one with Eclipse on Amazon and have to say delivery was fast and customer service great. The remote control is alrite, has a delay when pressed but still can be useful in some situations. Remote is infra-red and only works if pointed at the directly at the front or to the side of the grip/camera. It has a tripod socket built in as well...

So far after having the grip for less than 24hrs I can say this kit is worth the money for the handling benefits and the contents that you get in the bundle. If you prefer spending £200+ on a grip with Nikon on the sticker then go for it, meantime think about this before.
on 6 June 2010
I find this grip extremely good, well made. The only problem I have is with the remote. I cannot get the remote to function. Is there a setting on the camera to activate the system. I have been into the menu but wireless remote is grayed out on the options so you cannot select it. Otherwise for the price, a good piece of kit.
on 27 April 2010
I am reluctant (as a non-pro who can't offset it against tax) to spend £200+ on the Nikon product, so took a punt on this. It fits, it works, the r/c is redundant for me as I have a Nikon r/c and a Hahnel radio r/c. It seems solid but hard plastic where the Nikon would have rubber, so not quite so comfortable (?more slippery when damp?). The "joystick" is the cheapest feeling part of the device and is "4 way" in feel, rather than multi-directional as on the camera and the branded version. The joystick works out of the box: I would be surprised (and delighted) if it it is still working in two years, so here goes. Otherwise it feels solid but nobody holding it would mistake it for a Nikon product. The casual observer won't know it isn't Nikon so you need not hang your head if using it in public. A review in 2 years might be fewer stars. Meanwhile, I have £140 to play with.