on 23 December 2008
I bought this watch for a specific purpose - as a simple 'back up' for learning to dive in the Red Sea.

It has been a good value purchase. The battery is still going strong, the water-proofing has lived up Citizen's claims and the time-keeping has been faultless. I even re-set my Omega Seamaster by it when its power reserve has run down.

For around £80 you just can't can't go wrong with this basic model.

And here we are in 2012 and the original battery is still going strong!
on 2 October 2011
I needed a new work watch an as an ex soldier i am anal about time keeping, and with my new job i needed a good tough watch. After looking round town and on line and reading millions of reviews i decided on the Citizen diver watch, and what a fantastic watch i was worried about not seeing it first but as soon as i put it on i was happy, its a good size about the same as my Tag, and does what i need no silly things built in or printed on the strap looks good and keeps good time. If your thinking about a good spots watch and good all rounder you wont go wrong here
on 5 October 2013
An absolutely superb timepiece. Not too small or too large and fits very comfortably on the wrist. Easy to set the time & date (having a sealed crown, you need to screw the winder out in an anti-clockwise direction then pull the winder out to the required position to change the time/date then push the winder back in and screw it back up. The manual is easy to understand regarding this). The luminous hands are really bright. The watch arrived within time and came well packaged. Overall, an excellent watch for comparitively little money. Highly recommended.
on 3 March 2011
I got this as a present for passing Advanced Open Water Scuba diving and it's proved invaluable and reliable.

My only gripe is that the winder is very fiddly and difficult to align when you screw it back after making adjustments. This gave me the heebies as I was afraid it would let in water but it didn't.

Excellent for the price and attractive to boot.
on 17 November 2011
I bought this watch for my first diving trip after reading other reviews and it hasn't dissapointed. It arrived within 2 days on a free delivery. I used it for 2 weeks swimming and 3 days diving down to 18 metres and had no problems so I would say it is very good value for money. I haven't had it long enough to see how accurate the time keeping is.
on 23 September 2010
Bought one of these 16 years ago (1994)for my husband, the battery lasted 8 years, I sent it away to citizen for a battery change etc and then he got almost as much for it when he sold it on ebay in 2004. Very reliable, built like a tank, the rubber strap was still good after 10 years, so I bought another Citizens diver last year. He always fancied an automatic, so I got the NY0040-09EE. This one is even better, not so accurate, of course, but even better built. Amazon sells them for £133...an absolute bargain. Just get one as they may stop making them soon.
on 26 July 2014
One of the best watches available.....An ISO 6425 Rated 200 meter Diver, Added to my collection of over 20 divers watches recently, and hugely impressive, Citizen Miyota quartz movement is incredibly accurate, Handsome looking watch, the bezel is a smooth clicking 60 second jobby, fantastic lume, nice understated matt black face, the hands look great ( I love the paddle shaped hour hand), 20mm lugs (not 21mm as stated in the description).....An Admiralty grey Phoenix Nato G10 strap looks awesome on this watch, trust me, I tried lots :). One fly in the ointment I found was the size of the crown, a little to small for my liking, and can be fiddly to screw down after adjusting the watch, but once that task is done, being so accurate...there is no need to touch it until the date needs adjusting. I have in the past, bought more than one of a particular watch if it has impressed me that much, and this is one of those timepieces. The strap is comfortable, with stainless steel keepers, a nice touch. Easy to read at a glance, the second hand hits the minute markers right around the dial, (something that I always look for, and rarely find). I cannot praise this watch enough.....Puts far more expensive watches to shame, and will be a reliable, accurate and good looking friend for years to come, a 5 year battery life is also impressive. My advice....buy one, before it becomes discontinued. Love it
on 31 May 2013
...timeless style and perfect for every day use, good value for money. Suitable for slim wrists, i`m very happy with it.
on 26 April 2012
This watch has proved to be the best yet . Better than my Tag which has proved to be a disaster in comparison to this citizen . Does what is says and has proved itself as I swim everyday and this is perfect if you looking for waterproof watch.. The watch was delivered on time from the Watch hut via Amazon whom have proved to be excellent.
on 21 February 2014
The band width is 20mm, not 21.

And the face is not pure black - mine isn't anyway - but leans slightly toward green which in fact can be seen on the left hand side of the image posted.

My hands are of a different green to the hour markings, being somewhat darker, but are of the same colour when luming. The latter being excellent.

Strap is of good quality.

All in all, a SOLID watch, plus very good value for the money, especially when found for under £100.