on 18 November 2010
This is an excellent iron to replace a 10 year old Azur that had given stirling service. It is well made and gives excellent results and for a normal size lady the weight is fine. The noise is perfectly normal for a steam iron pshh! Delivered next morning.
on 18 April 2011
Bought this to replaced "dropped" Azur! Specification was the same as our previous model, (5 years old), purchased this due to reliability and function of the last unit. This one is even better and halfs work time! Never clogs, drips or spits. Have had this over 3 months and still think its great.

Would buy another if got dropped again! Recommend....
on 2 August 2011
This is the third Azure iron owned, each one being an upgrade from the previous. Not disappointed, iron a good weight but it may be a little heavy for some people who prefer a lighter iron. Buyers need to be aware of the lead length (3M) as depending on where plugged in as it can be a trip hazard. If using on max steam and for an hours ironing it needed filling 3 times - but amount of steam is excellent and makes ironing duvet covers so much easier and quicker than before. Safety cut-out a very good feature.
on 7 October 2011
Philips GC4720/02 Azur Steam Iron with Auto Shut-Off - 2400W
This is a fine Iron.
It's a bit heavier, but that just means I press less hard on the wrinkles.
It's bigger than cheap irons that'll break in a year or two.
The cord is long enough; the connection to the iron swivels. Wraps around the base for storage with a velcro strap.
others remark about the water usage but it is fairly moderate on full steam, and lasts longer on a medium steam setting. Good news the steam comes out constantly without pressing the steam burst push-button (like cheap irons) but does have a 'monster burst' button for excessive and effective steam. Steam can also be shut off completely.
Lots of setting suggestions for different fabrics.
As a single man who shopped for a decent iron at a decent price "ugh, me like"
on 30 May 2011
I read many reviews before choosing this iron, I haven't been disappointed.
The iron has many excellent features: long cord, auto shut-off, powerful steam jets, grooves for ironing round shirt buttons are to mention a few! It also glides across a variety of material types making ironing easy.
I highly recommend this iron.
on 8 November 2010
This irons very well but for me it's a little too heavy and can be noisy - makes a strange gurgling sound when using the steam option. But it does a good job of ironing
on 27 October 2011
The iron is great!!! The biggest advantage is very long cable which is not so often with irons. The iron is getting hot very fast and up till now i dont have ny complains. It is also not very heavy. Overall i really recomand it. I didnt test the automatic off button yet but I iwll do it soon.
on 13 February 2012
I bought this iron for my home help as she had been so impressed with the one I had purchased for myself earlier. As she does a lot of my ironing I was able to confirm that the results were excellent.
Felix
on 21 April 2013
Really pleased with this iron......so pleased they make irons with auto shut off. Great for anyone who tends to forget and leave the iron on!
on 21 September 2011
We bought this to replace an another Philips iron which had lasted us about 5 years.

I bought this in January, yesterday my wife tells me its had it, I check, yep completely knackered, 9 months of about an hour a week is clearly more than this can handle.

Not recommended.