5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Blackmore's Night Album, 15 Feb 2011
S. Duncan (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shadow Of The Moon (Audio CD)
This was the first CD by Blackmore's Night I ever bought a good few years ago and it still comes out at regular intervals albeit on mp3 now. Ocean Gypsy is one of my favourite all time tracks with Candice's vocals and Ritchie's instrumentals working to perfection. Yes, it's *extremely* romantic, and don't go near this if you don't like mandolins :), but I love the mixture of folk and electric sounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly excellent album, 4 Jun 2011
Alison Wooding (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shadow Of The Moon (Audio CD)
I really appreciate this album for its artistry. Amazing musical skill is revealed in the stunning instrumentals, beautiful melodies and poetic lyrics! 'Shadow of the Moon' conveys a Celtic sound and spirit that feels timeless and transports you to other realms.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shadow of the Moon: Blackmore's Night - Renaissance fare, 23 April 2012
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Shadow Of The Moon (Audio CD)
Blackmore's Night, as anyone looking here probably knows, is a project from Rock God Ritchie Blackmore (he of Deep Purple and Rainbow fame) and his wife, Candice Night. They aim to fuse Blackmore's rock leanings with romantic medieval sounds. This is their first album, released in 1997.

It's an interesting idea, and largely works quite well. It comes over as music from a time when ladies wore those funny conical hats and gallant knights went off on quests, with a modern flavour courtesy of Blackmore's guitar. It's all very romantic, and at times flirts dangerously with tweeness, but in the main it all works out well, mainly because of the occasional flash of humour that suggests that not everyone involved is taking it totally seriously.

Especially welcome is the presence of Ian Anderson on flute for Play Minstrel Play. Instantly recognisable, his is a welcome presence on any record.

It's a promising debut album, and I shall be looking for more from this group in the hope that they mature a little and expand their material. 4 stars for this though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful music, 25 Oct 2011
Trevor Bottomley "TrevB" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shadow Of The Moon (Audio CD)
I heard the title track whilst listening to Last.fm, and thought 'Wow, this is great!'. Having then read the reviews on here, I was in no doubt about buying the CD. A blend of Elizabethan, folk and rock music, it's very easy listening music, and you can listen to this whatever mood you're in. Can't say there's any track I don't like - I love 'em all! I certainly want to purchase other CDs by Blackmore's Night, my only problem is which to buy next!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not really a Shadow but the Full Moon, 21 Feb 2014
Shrews_Tyke (Shrewsbury, Shropshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Shadow Of The Moon (Audio CD)
I bought this when it came out not knowing what it really was. When I played it for the first time it was a bit of a surprise to say the least. Not really what I was expecting, here was one of my guitar gods and what was he playing? On subsequent plays I got it, this was Ritchie playing what he liked and doing it extremely well not only that the singer was pretty good too. I have subsequently bought all of the CDs by Blackmore's Night and have thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. There have been many snide comments made at this band by people who obviously have their own agenda. Just listen with open ears and you will hear some of the best music Ritchie has ever made. As the years go on with subsequent releases Candice Nights vocals grow more confident and better. With Blackmore's Night Ritchie has played some of his best ever music. I love Deep Purple, and Rainbow and this is just another chapter in the Ritchie Blackmore story. Yes I may be biased, I went to see them live and they delivered that night too.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the moon, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: Shadow Of The Moon (Audio CD)
I've listened to Blackmore's Night snippets many time, and now decided to collect them all. I admire Ritchie Blackmore, his unique talent, musical visions and feels. I adore Candice' wonderful vocals which has similarities with ABBA's Agnetha and Anni-Frid, and then some Stevie Nicks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Shadow Of The Moon (Audio CD)
Love Blackmore's Night. What more can I say, the music is haunting, the vocals are beautiful....will be buying more of their C.D's

5.0 out of 5 stars Relax and enjoy, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Shadow Of The Moon (Audio CD)
The more you listen to it, the better it becomes.
The recording quality is excellent.
The result is that I ordered 5 other cd's from this group.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blackmores Night |Fan, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Shadow Of The Moon (Audio CD)
I like anything by Ritchie and this is up to the usual high standard that one would expect, so not suprising that I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Shadow Of The Moon (Audio CD)
Great songs and textures to this album. Richie Blackmore and Candice Night sound excellent together. Some nice playing by Richie.

ARRAY(0xa6fae7a4)

Shadow Of The Moon
Shadow Of The Moon by Blackmore's Night (Audio CD - 2010)