on 23 June 2011
This is my first ever sat nav, so do'nt have any experience to compare.
The instructions with the device are good and clear and i found navigating
the menu system easy enough.
I've never used a touch screen device before this and found it less than
100% reliable at first, however using a pen tip or stylus overcomes this
problem.
The device frequently does'nt recognise house numbers, however if you enter
a house number in a range it does recognise, that will get you close enough
to where you want to go. (a minor point i know but if in a hurry it can be
irritating).
The first time i used the device (on a ten mile journey) near the end of
the route it told me to take the fourth exit at the roundabout, even though
the road signs indicated the third exit. (The fourth exit went to macdonalds
h'mmm very strange).
I've used this device several times since purchase and on the whole it's been
very good, on one occasion i had to go to a job interview 15 miles away in
an area i had no knowledge of what so ever but the Navman M300 took me straite
their with no problems. Without this device i would never have found it.
(I did'nt get the job by the way but thats another story).
The last time i used the Navman was on a trip from Wolverhampton to Corby
and the device took me to my destination with no fuss, i did make one wrong
turn but that was due to my two passengers chattering away in my ear, so no
fault of the device, and it soon got me back on track.
To sum up, i would'nt be with out this device, i feel so much more confident
when travelling in my car and can get back home easely. Very nice device.
on 4 August 2011
I needed a basic Sat Nav to replace an Navigo that broke, and decided to get this one as it was cheap and had good reviews.

For a while I loved it. It turned on very quickly, got satellite lock quickly, gave clear and (for the most part) useful and accurate directions. For £50 odd quid, perfect... or so I thought.

Then after about 2 months it suddenly stopped working. Took me to a location in Leeds in the morning, got switched off and put in the glove compartment, and when I came back to leave for home in the evening it wouldn't switch on at all. Black screen, no lights, nothing. Left it to "charge" for a while, pressed reset a few times. Nothing - just completely dead, for no obvious reason.

So now I have to replace it - making a "cheap" satnav actually quite expensive.
on 3 January 2011
After the initial complications of working out how to use this device I am pleased with this device, the options to show distance left to travel or the spead your doing etc is brilliant, I also like having the option to switch between map and turn by turn instructions, as Im a new driver the lane guidance when on unfamiliar routes is a must.
on 15 November 2011
Brought this a couple of months ago but before i wrote a review i wanted to test it. Do like it, has sorted some directions out for me, the only grumble i would have is the battery, does not seem to show when driving will just say battery low charge. not a huge problem will charge before using it. It does have a car charger but will not fit into the stand if that is plugged in so poitless really!
The other issue was when charging, if it is swiched on you can see that it is charging. but switched off does not so was a little worried if it charged in the switched of mode, but it does.(i think!) is a great little gadget, the on-line support is good, The favourites is a godsend so a route that u will be using can be saved so u do not have to keep putting it in. Not as easy as i thought to plan a route, the instructions are very basic and does not answer all your questions. But then this is my first one and im not a very good gadget person.
Glad i got it, so far so good good value for money!
on 14 August 2011
Pleased with the product, but it failed after 11 months and the after sales service is simply appalling. I'm trying to get it replaced and all I get is the run around.
on 29 July 2011
To be honest I've hardly used this product as I tend to know where I'm going.... Bought it to replace a stolen (Grrrr) Garmin.
For the price it seems to have everything you would ever need in a satnav, unless you like gadgets with loads of stuff to fiddle with. Each to his own.
I find it slightly more intuitive to use than the Garmin, and the maps seem better - it finds roads that the Garmin couldn't.
One thing I would point out is that neither this satnav or the Garmin would charge from anything other than the in-car charger. I tried them both with a USB mains plug in charger and a PC and a laptop. Nothing. Manufacturers technical support couldn't suggest a reason, maybe it's just me.
If you want a cheap satnav that does the job and at a cost that won't break your heart when it's stolen, then buy this one.
on 16 September 2011
The unit works fine but thats about it, if you buy new don't expect to get the free updates for a year they promise you and don't expect any proper responses from their support team.
Try using the online software, if you can get any useful information from it you did better than we did, nothing wants to work except the Mio online cash register, yes they'll happily charge you more for something you won't get!
on 17 April 2012
This SAT NAV has been fantastic for me and I bought it second hand so it didn't have the software to link it up to a computer. I plugged it in to the car and it loads up in moments (unlike other more expensive models I have used). I haven't had any instructions, but it is so intuitive I have been able to navigate myself to POIs, M-roads and other vagueries without any hassle what so ever. My only criticism (and I'm being very picky) is the display: I think the road I'm following could be made to stand out a little bit more so that it's a little clearer. Having said that there are possibly some settings I could look for to change this if I was motivated enough. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is not looking to change the world, but who is looking to get from A to B.
on 14 February 2011
Really useless. Three times now I have found myself dumped in open country side and usually 10-15 miles from my destination.
The data base within the M300 does not have roads within that have only been in existence for around 100 years!!!!
I cannot rely on the NavMan M300 MIO, my old el cheapo supremo RAC/Halfords was far better. Seems to take really long detours as the shortest route very strange. I don't see any U.K help line number only web based FAQ's. Sorry..don't rate this sat nav at all.
on 24 December 2011
This is the second one of these Mio's I've bought. I had one on my scooter (SilverWing) which ran off the glove-campartment socket and I was so impressed with it I bought one for my car. I'm in North Wales and it's handling the small single-track country lanes with no problem. You can spend more money and get a bigger one, but it's a waste of money. This is small and sticks to the window with the suction pad and does not distract. The speach is basic and you can really ignore that; it's more a prompt when your turn is near. When the post code is not found switch to the address and it always finds the place.
Gives you confidence when using in big cities or when you have to go rural and signposts rare.