on 12 February 2016
This dehumidifier is just ''Brilliant'' my home now smells better, no more damp smell now!!! tip...use it in 'one' room at a time...close the doors and windows..open all cupboards 12 hour's at a time,check and empty water bin every time and you will see the differance!!!......good bye.
on 7 October 2011
Very pleased with this dehumidifier, ideal for two of three rooms, easy to use and move around with good controls
on 6 February 2015
superb piece of kit. Excellent price and sorted out the damp situation in our 1930's house. We also use it to dry our clothes and is significantly cheaper than a tumble dryer. My father in law was so impressed that he bought one too
on 5 April 2016
I bought a larger version of the Meaco for myself, and it was so good that my Grandfather said he would like one similar. However he lives in a small bungalow and only really wanted it to dry his washing without the hassle of pegging it out on the line, or having it draped over radiators. So I trawled through the reviews on various De-humidifiers for days and finally picked this one as his Christmas Present. I have to say I am more than happy with the choice I made, and he loves his little machine.

It's a great de-humidifier and does exactly what it says it will. It is a nice compact little machine, very light to carry around. The tank is just the right size and dries his small amount of clothes in no time at all, especially as he has it in his small porchway and keeps the door shut most of the time. It has various settings, including a specific setting for drying washing, and it it stops itself once it has reached its optimum setting, then switches back on when it detects humidity. So it never gets switched off and has run perfectly, there isn't even any noticeable increase in his electric bills.

The porchway where the washing is hung on airers has an old aluminimum door and frame that used to run with condensation when My grandad dried his washing before, there is none of that now this machine is in place. It is very quiet when running, and as I say it is so compact it takes up hardly any space.

Great machine, arrived well packaged, and I would most definitely recommend this product for anyone living in a small bungalow or flat with damp issues, or just for drying your clothes.
on 18 July 2011
I've had this now for a month and the difference is incredible. I have a one bedroom flat and this size unit is more than enough to do the whole flat. The air is much drier, the mold has stopped growing and doesn't regrow once I've wiped it away - and its been very humid of late. I only put it on in the evenings but find I don't need to put it on all day. It takes out all the moisture just in the evenings. The laundry setting works brilliantly! I don't have a dryer and its been too wet recently to line dry so this has been great. What used to take 3 days to get fully dry inside my damp flat now takes a matter of hours. One word of warning, after a couple of days of getting it, when I turned it back on it would beep like mad then stop working. It turned on for a few seconds then stopped, then repeated several times. If you just leave it alone it does start to work again correctly after an hour. I had a few days of this and then the prblem stopped. Almost like the sensors were calibrating to your property. Never had a problem since. I gave it 4 stars as we'll see how it copes come winter. That will be the real test as the ventilation in my flat is a joke and last winter was a nightmare for condensation and mold. I'll update the review after it gets cold.
on 8 February 2016
WOW, what a brilliant bit of kit, people have been telling me to get a dehumidifier for my damp out building, and I mean "damp",
Had it for two weeks, running night and day, damp walls are almost dry, air feels dryer and warmer!. Absolutely wonderful, can't belive I never bought one sooner?, the collected water is unbelievable, if you have damp walls, buy one of these, you won't be disappointed, might buy another for the house, it feels warmer?, could be the placebo effect?, but who cares?, lol. Really over the moon with product, thankyou.
on 10 January 2016
I've had three of these - only one has lasted much over 2 years, but who knows how long a more expensive one would last.

As for cold air - the unit consumes power so overall it can only warm the air up - there is no way for it to cool the air in the mediuim-long term, BUT as someone says it works by condensing water some of which then freezes onto the condensing plate. When it freezes up it stops dehumidifying and defrosts itself. Whilst it is doing that the air coming out will be cool.

Our bedroom rarely reaches 16 degrees C but nevertheless it does a good job of bringing down the humidity to around 50%

As for switching itself off, on the lowest setting if the air is dry enough it will only switch itself on for a brief period every now and then to sample the air - that's good! On the other settings it seems to go all the time.

You can 'plumb it in' using the supplied pipe but you've still got to have somewhere for the water to go. Unfortunately it isn't wall mountable otherwise you could make a hole through an outside wall to let it drain. I have one by the side of a wash basin into which it drains. Not an attractive solution, but needs must. In damp times I leave it on all the time except when using the bedroom, as it rumbles and is certainly not quiet. Meaco dismissed my complaints and said that the mp3 recordings I sent them wouldn't play - those friends of mine who tried playing it had no such problem.
on 21 January 2016
excellent item. I had to buy a new dehumidifier as my old one died. I was a bit dubious as this was smaller than my old one, but I have been pleasantly surprised. On first purchase I had to empty it at the end of each day, but now it is usually every other day. I do live in a 100 year old, detached house, without insulation. it is quite a small house, with a open plan living/dining area and stairs are off the lounge. I have 2 bedrooms. this works well at keeping all condensation at bay. I keep it on the stairs, as it turns, cos I wanted it to be pretty central.
I had had problems under the stairs when I moved here a year ago, and had been advised to have a damp proof thing done in there, which would have cost me about £1000 plus a lot of disruption, so I was hoping a dehumidifier would help.
this does the job brilliantly. the walls under the stairs are no longer damp (I did change the door to a louvre door, which probably helped, but all the same!)
the feature that you can use to 'dry clothes' would probably work well in a smaller room, however because mine is in a more open area it doesn't really make much difference.
ive had this for about 18 months now and have had no problems with it whatsoever. a brilliant feature is that the filter is easilt cleaned out, and washable, so you don't have to fork out on buying extra filters, added expense. I would recommend this product to everyone.
on 9 February 2012
I spent a considerable time looking into which dehumidifiers to buy for my home and my business. I have already reviewed the very successful business one and the Meaco is for use in my flat. It really is an excellent product. Fairly small and easy to move around it has sucked in considerable amounts of water on each day of use. The air feels fresher, my shower and bathroom walls are dry and back to their original colours and the clothes drying option is almost worth the money on its own for anyone living in a flat like me.
The water bucket just lifts out for emptying and cleaning the filter couldn't be easier. One or two reviews I read before buying said that after switching off it didn't start properly again but as one person pointed out you just wait a few minutes as it adjusts to operate again and off it goes sucking in more water. It curtainly isn't noisey as you can even forget its on. So far I have used it most of the time on the high and clothes drying settings.
I really wish I bought one ages ago as it if almost frightening just how much damp was here before.

Further to my first review, the longer you use this product the better it gets. Draws huge amounts of water and the clothes drying option is incredible. Highly recommended.
on 6 May 2011
This product works well for drying laundry and has helped a lot with areas of damp in my flat. It's probably a bit noisy to sleep in the same room while it is on but you can easily watch TV with it on in the background or have it in another room with the door closed while you sleep. Good value for money.