5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased
Very pleased with the quick delivery and the product itself is very compact and has a sleek and unobtrusive design which is very nice for a small flat/house. the only down side is that there are no wheels but thats not really a big issue as its quite small therefore reasonably light.
Published on 28 Nov. 2010 by A. Crane

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid Meaco at all costs
I would advoid this company at all costs. My Meaco dehumidifier broke within 2 months. I didn't use it through the summer so got another 2 months use before it broke again. Because the 2nd time was outside the 1 year warranty Meaco wanted £70 for repair even though they admitted it should last 5 years and I had been 'unlucky'. I've come across many reviews where this...
Published on 9 Jan. 2012 by RichReview

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 28 Nov. 2010
A. Crane "millie4mb" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Meaco Small Home Dehumidifier 10 L - White/ Blue Trim (Kitchen & Home)
Its performance is also very good and athough the tank isnt as big as some other dehumidifers this wasnt a problem for us,having this on has meant that our flat is now damp free and there is much less hummidity in the air and it also helps with drying any clothes that are hanging up indoors. All in all a very usefull product for a very good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Dehumidifier, 27 Mar. 2010
M. Dwyer - See all my reviews
I bought this Dehumidifier as was getting damp coming through in our bedroom which is a outside wall.
Before buying this we had tried a few different things like not drying clothes upstairs of the house, sleeping with the window open, having the window open throughout the day, salt in a bowl. All these different things helped but wasnt a cure and with winter we couldnt really leave window open for to long.
When I received the dehumidifier we put it on the upstairs landing and put it on for a few hours a day for about a 2 weeks, since doing this we have not needed to use it for the past 5 weeks. This has seemed to have sorted the problem out for us. The only time i now use it is when drying clothes in the house I put it on the clothes setting.
The only problem I have found is that it says its a 10Litre water tank but its not its about 2.5 litre, what it does is extracts upto 10 litres a day, this for myself is no big deal but might be for others. Well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't live without this now !, 25 Nov. 2012
I purchased this dehumidifier as I felt the air was quite damp in our bedroom in our little cottage, the cottage is over 200 years old and is very nice and quaint but we had a problem with damp patches on the walls.
After reading all the reviews on all the products on Amazon I decided on this one.
My partner wasn't convinced that we needed one but I bought it anyway and put it in the bedroom, he said we wouldn't get any water in it and it was a waste of money. Well... he had to eat his words when I showed him just how much water had collected in the tank after just being on for a couple of hours !
I have it on during the daytime for hours (it automatically turns off when the tank is full ) and we are still amazed by the amount of water collected on a daily basis.
The dampness has gone from the walls and the air feels so much fresher in the bedroom.
Also good for when drying clothes on an airer as it has a setting specifically for drying clothes and they dry much quicker than usual.
I also put it downstairs sometimes and it still collects water.
I simply could not live without this now. We used to have lots of condensation on the inside of the bedroom window but now do not have as much and if there is any you just turn the dehumidifier on for a little while and it clears.
Fantastic product and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT to anyone who feels they have damp in any of their rooms.

5.0 out of 5 stars Meaco Home Dehumidifier, 30 Aug. 2010
Got this because we have a damp conservatory. When we were recently getting a new bathroom fitted the plumber used one of these (not a Meaco) to suck out the moisture. We saw how good it was and decided to splash out on our own. We decided on this one because 1) it is black 2) it is small 3) it is easy to carry around - carry handle. Ordered from amazon it arrived the next day. Just plugged it in and we were away.... put it in the conservatory and it sucked out 20 litres. Put it in the spare room and it sucked out 10 litres. It dries your washing. The reservoir is v easy to take and, empty and replace. Has four settings 'dry washing', 'max' 'reg' and 'min'. We have used it on max so far. The book says don't even bother using it on 'min'. Great product. Reasonably 'quiet', easy to use, looks good and good price

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep the filter clean!, 27 Mar. 2013
My opinion of this item and the rating have gone from 5 stars to 1 and back to 5. Here's why: I was initially very pleased and thought it was a great little unit. I advised my parents to get one too. Theirs stopped working after 2 years and though Meaco couldn't repair it because that model was no longer made, they did provide good customer service in finding an alternative engineer. It's still cheaper than buying a new one. They impressed upon us the significance of cleaning the filter regularly - at least once a fortnight and more often if you use it for drying clothes, which is what my parents need it for. Mine stopped working after a year and I was initially pretty cross because it was just out of warranty. A full repair including carriage both ways to and from the Meaco engineers costs a maximum of £70 (in May 2013). It is cheaper than a new one, but of course it seems a lot if the unit doesn't last more than a year. However, I went ahead and the engineers sent me a photo of the insides and I have to say I can see why it stopped working. I had loaned the unit to someone to use in a caravan and the result of being used in an environment with five dogs over three months and the filter not being regularly cleaned meant that it was so full of hairs and dirt that the water outlet was blocked. It was probably dangerous too. So now I think that £70 for the repair is good value and I will a. clean the filter every week from now on and b. not lend my dehumidifier out again in a hurry. All through the process the Meaco customer service representatives were very patient and thorough. So I once again recommend this unit and give it five stars for performance and for the after-sales service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!, 25 Nov. 2011
I was in real need of a dehumidifier as my flat has been getting damp especially behind furniture and found this product absalutely amazing especially for its price as much cheaper then other ones around. I give this 5/5 as not been disappointed at all xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Making a big difference already, 4 Jan. 2014
Really pleased with this buy. Delivery was quick, next day when it said 3-5 working days.

We have an old, drafty, two storey terraced flat, two bedrooms. We bought a dehumidifier because in winter we dry clothes over the radiators in our bedroom and last winter we had a pretty bad mould problem. The room has one interior wall, two walls facing other flats and one wall facing the street. The street facing wall, the cold wall, had a lot of condensation and developed the mould problem behind the furniture.

Meaco unit is a good size and reasonably attractive. We installed it yesterday and had it running overnight at the top of the stairs and it collected a litre of water in its first twelve hours! This morning was the first time this winter we haven't had condensation on the old, leaky double-glazed windows. The whole house already feels warmer, we have a bay window in our front-room downstairs that has always felt cold and drafty even when the room radiator is running full and it felt properly warm this morning. I expect to be able to shorten the time the central heating runs.

Its using about 190 watts when running, it is supposed to switch off when relative humidity gets down to 60 percent, it hasn't switched off yet and its been running for 16 hours as I write this but I expect that's just because its going to have to work harder for a few days.

It does seem fairly noisy when I stand right next to it, wouldn't want it in our bedroom but its fine in the hallway. My only real complaint is that of the four settings it provides, only one seems useful. It recommends using relative humidity 60% which is what I have it on, but the two higher settings look like they will use too much electricity and the lowest setting seemed to low to be useful. I'd have liked a more useful lower setting.

Still early days but I definitely recommend getting a good dehumidifier (definitely make sure to get one with a humidistat!) if you dry clothes indoors.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT REALLY DOES DO WHAT IT SAYS ON THE TIN......................, 30 Nov. 2014
I was a bit sceptical having seen some reviews for other models which suggested that dehumidifiers did not work. Went on the Which site & this model & make was a Best Buy so I took the plunge...

Very pleased that I did, it does everything that it promised. Especially good with clothes drying, all you need is a bedroom with clothes airers & this dehumidifier & either overnight or during the day clothes are dried. Haven't used the tumble dryer since buying the Meaco.

Also very pleased with the electricity usage which is very low. I have a smart meter monitor which records this as costing between 2p & 3p an hour, this is not a constant charge as the compressor cuts in & out, it is not on constantly.

I thoroughly recommend this as a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful Machine!, 17 Jun. 2012
Alan Clegg (Wigan, UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this after reading the reviews and it's one of the best gadgets we have ever bought. Yes -- it does dry clothes and it's best to leave it on all the time apart from hot days which means we have it on everyday!! No problems at al' and worth every penny>

4.0 out of 5 stars A great little dehumidifier!!, 8 Dec. 2011
Very pleased with this little machine and only two minor gripes:

i) Manual and warranty document were missing - Found a PDF file online instead

ii) The on switch is logic based so I can't use the dehumidifier with a timer switch - would have been a useful extra for those of us with Economy 7 electricity