4.0 out of 5 stars No Missing Episodes
Wolf's Rain is a beautiful series, well worth watching (and certainly so for this price). However, as that's generally been covered in reviews already, I'd like to try and clear up something that (to the best of my knowledge) hasn't been.

Published on 24 Mar 2011 by Damon Wakes

3.0 out of 5 stars MISSING EPISODE 20 , 21, 25 & 26
i've watched upto episode 24 so far and it has been ok. the series is slow to build momentum and 4 of the episodes were basically recapping what has happened.
my biggest problem was when i moved onto the final disc (7) and it was clear that the storyline had made a big leap ahead. by looking at the episode numbers i realised that episode 25 and 26 were missing...
Published on 10 Dec 2010 by R. Constant

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars No Missing Episodes, 24 Mar 2011
This review is from: Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD] (DVD)

One or two people have mentioned that this collection seems to be missing a couple of episodes. The episodes in question appear to be 25 and 26: irritatingly close to the end of the series. I noticed a significant jump in the storyline myself, and found that 25 and 26 are indeed missing from the "Episodes" menu.

However, after a little fiddling around with the DVD, I discovered that these episodes are actually present on Disc 6 and can be viewed by using the "Play" (Play All) option, then skipping forward past the three listed episodes. While this appears to be a very annoying, highly disappointing flaw in an otherwise superb collection, it is entirely possible to watch the whole series.

EDIT: In a reply to this review, someone was kind enough to point out that Disc 6 has a ">" icon on the episodes screen. With this, you can get to episodes 25 and 26. As this is the only disc in the entire set that has a second page of episodes, I can't help but feel that the icon to get there should be a little more obvious. Still, at least it's there and it works.

Also, this set includes both English and Japanese voices, with the option of English subtitles.

5.0 out of 5 stars And what is this show about?, 4 Jun 2011
This review is from: Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD] (DVD)
Wolf's Rain is a cult classic. That is, you are either touched by it, or not. You will love it, or hate it; there is no middle ground. This show's unique premise and story will either leave a deep impact on you, or leave you confused and disappointed. Keep that in mind, before buying it.

So... what is it about? Well, If I understand correctly, this story explores the theme of the true nature/meaning of Paradise. Does it exist? What is it? What is it like? Where is it? Why search for it? The pack of wolves that spend the entirety of show's run searching for it, constantly ask themselves those questions. Should they go on, or give up? This show gets VERY philosophical at times. And what are the answers to those question? Watch Wolf's Rain to the end, and make your own conclusions. Oh, and animation is top-quality and music is by Yoko Kanno.

Alright, now let's get to the technical side. This is a Pal DVD set. Whether the show was originally recorded in this format, or NTSC, I have no idea, but the DVDs are interlaced. Playing the discs with VLC and using Yadiff (2X) de-interlacer removes the issue almost entirely, with little to no ghosting. Aside from that, the video transfer is perfect, and the audio is flawless. Among the extras are character information, textless opening/closing and 2 interviews with writers and voice actors. If you are planning on buying this particular release, you won't be disappointed. Although you might not particularly like the packaging. While not bad per se, I think they could have come up with a better way to hold the last 6 DVD's in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wolf's rain : is this really worth buying ?, 25 Aug 2010
This review is from: Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD] (DVD)
Some say it is a masterpiece, others don't like it at all.
So I was very reluctant to purchase Wolf's Rain.
And the story is about wolves who "change" into humans (actually, humans see the wolves mistakingly as humans)?
Sounds a bit silly, doesn't it ?
But I purchased it anyway and, surprisingly I really loved it !
Very much !
It is a great story, good animation and music.
I'm really glad I purchased this because it is a classic you must see.
And I will watch it again... yes, it's that good !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wolfs Rain Collection, 22 Mar 2010
This review is from: Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD] (DVD)
Ok, I'm not going to review Wolfs Rain itself because it goes without saying what a classic series it is.

This edition includes all 30 eps (12 hours approx.)
Languages: English (excellent dub btw), Japanese, French.
Subtitles: English, French, Dutch, Polish.
Video Format: 4/3 - 1.33:1

Extras: Character Files, Voice actors interviews, Karaoke opening and ending, and Trailers.

Packaging: I expected it to be a big old box set with an individual cover for each of the 7 DVDs, but I was pleasantly surprised, all the DVDs fit into one cover (normal/plastic) (one on the front, then a flap in the middle carrying 2 on each side, then 2 more on the back. The only problem I had with this was that they could have organised it slightly better - for example only the DVD on the front has a push button to eject it, and I'm not sure how it was stored but when I looked closely there were slight scratches and dents, but for the price and the size I cannot complain), which is only slightly larger than a normal DVD cover - Actually here are the measurements:
Height: 19cm
Width: 13.5cm
Depth: 2.2cm

So far the best (price wise especially) Wolfs Rain collection on the market.
Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it love it, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD] (DVD)
am a big fan of wolf's rain, this is the cheapest i have seen it advertised for so had to get it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning and emotional, 15 Jun 2011
This review is from: Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD] (DVD)
If you had asked me to review this 6 hours ago when the final credits came rolling, I'd have said 4 stars. However, this would be because the series left me numb. Now I believe that 4 stars wouldn't be giving this collection justice.

The general jist of the plot is that 4 wolves are searching for 'Paradise' as they sense that the end of the world is near. Throughout their adventure, they bond with eachother and the beautiful thing is, they also bond with us. These characters have skeletons in their closets but they all have twice as many redeeming qualities. There is also alot of action through the series and had me on the edge of my seat at times.

As I said earlier. I would've given this series 4 stars a few hours ago. But this i because I was numb from the ending. However, when that state had worn off, I stared out into the distance, lost in my thoughts, staring into the clear blue sky when I begun to contemplate the series as a whole. And I had arrived at the conclusion, that 5 stars was the least I could do to pay homage to this great anime.

Plus, any plot that makes one numb is worth considering for anyone who wants to own a piece of memorable anime.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy., 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD] (DVD)
The Wolf's Rain got got here fast and in great condition. I loved watching it again with my mum and sister bringing back a happier time. Thank you for that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wolfs rain, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD] (DVD)
I LOVE IT, i actually cried in the end. it is amazing, I love wolves it is an amazing movie, it is sad it had to end. I love all the charaters and I really got attached to toeboe and all the other wolves(people) . It is the best movie ever (matters what kind of movie u like) I really think it is a movie to watch. I love this movie totally worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Nov 2012
This review is from: Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD] (DVD)
Almost everything is perfect in this box set. The quality? Perfect. The audio? Perfect. Special Features? Good enough. The subtitles? Okay, those are bad. Not horrible, they work, but they could have been a lot better. The box itself? perfect. Buy this stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 16 May 2011
This review is from: Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD] (DVD)
this is a story about a small group of people/wolves trying to find heaven. it's a really good story and the characters are awesome. the ending is sad however, so have a box of tissues nearby. but it was worth the money, time and patience. i would recommend this to any anime fan :D

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD]
Wolf's Rain - Anime Legends (2004) [DVD] by Tensai Okamura (DVD - 2010)
Used & New from: 39.95