5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best
Published on 24 Aug. 2010 by OC

I bought a lever garlic press which I LOVED so I was hoping this would be as good. It is pretty good, but not fabulous.
Published on 25 Feb. 2013 by Geeklove

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best, 24 Aug. 2010
OC (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chef'n Freshforce Citrus Juicer Lemon Colour (Kitchen & Home)
WOW. It sounds odd to say, but this is simply the best citrus juicer around. I've got very sophisticated electrical gear at home, but this manual juicer is the only one that is easy to use, always at hand, and maximising the juice out of a lime or a lemon, all of that in a no time. No fussing around. I got it as a present and am now buying it for all my friends. It's a gift that's always appreciated and impresses people. Go for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lemon and Lime like I do - get this juicer, no other!, 23 Oct. 2014
I was shocked by some of the reviews on this item, specially once it was delivered (in time from Germany) and I could press lots of lemons and limes with it, getting lots of juice from them.

First, drinking fresh juice of this amazing fruits is so extremely healthy, you should not miss it. But then, some reviewers said:
It's a bad item, because I cannot use it for large oranges. Pardon me, it is NOT an orange juicer - as the very name of this item says - but it is a lime and lemon juicer. So be happy if smaller oranges work, but please don't complain when larger oranges don't. Because it is a LIME and LEMON juicer. Got it? I find it very unfair against the supplier to post a bad review because an item does not do what it is not supposed to do...

2., some say you can break it. Well, sure, you can break anything. But how were you able to break this? Did you try so hard until it broke just so you could write a bad review? When you use it with even very slight common sense - not much, really needed - then you will NOT break this item, because it is very well build.

Third - one review was specially hmmmh... strange, giving one star because the juice smells bitter. Well, if you buy a juicer that gets you up to 20% more juice and then you complain that some of that 20% is just a bit bitter and give it one star then, well, you do not like lemons or limes. Apparently for you everything needs to be sweet.

So, on the whole, take this item if you like to get lots of vitamins and you want to get juice out of these fruits without efforts and clean it effortlessly and get the last drop out of them. Don't ever buy one of the electric ones and don't buy another one at all. Because I am a lemon/lime lover since being a little child and.. this is the BEST juicer in the world. Thanks Chef'n fot his well engineered product.

Pros:
- Well build
- Does the job (lemons and limes squeezing) extremely well
- Fast and effortless to use
- Squeezes better than any other manual or electric squeezer I owned before
- Makes me healthier - as another reviewer mentionned, he is buying lemons and limes now just because it is so nice to squeeze them, same thing happened to me. My consumption has doubled ;)

Cons:
none. seriously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little juicer, 30 Mar. 2012
This has got to be the simplest juicer in the world. It squeezes all the juice out of limes and lemons very quickly (with hardly any effort on my part) and is very easy to clean. It might seem rather expensive for what it is, but then similar items sold at lower prices do not seem to do quite as good a job, so I guess you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect juicer!, 26 Aug. 2011
Alex Margerison (London) - See all my reviews
This is a fantastic juicer. It squeezes every last droplet of juice from lemons or limes with the minimum of effort required. Just remember to put the half lemon/lime in the right way around - I didn't realise at first it goes in cut side down!

Note: It will do small oranges too but is a bit small for large oranges or grapefruit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I hoped, but easier and better than most citrus squeezers, 25 Feb. 2013
It does a good job squeezing without hurting the wrist, it lets the juice out quickly but keeps the seeds inside, it looks pretty awesome and it easy to spot in the kitchen, but it does leave quite a lot of good juice and pulp in all the citrus I have tried; oranges, lemons and limes.
I have tried squeezing cut-in-half fruits peel up and peel down, as I heard alternate instructions, but both ways result in a compressed disk or fruit, which has been pretty well juiced, but you can definitely get a good deal more out of it if you go for it with your thumbs.
I bought this partly to save my thumbs though, so I am trying to write off the convenience against the waste.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 14 Jan. 2012
First time for writing a review on Amazon. This really is a fantastic piece of kit. You'll wonder how you ever managed without it. I'm even using more lemons and limes, just for the joy of using it, so I'm even healthier! Worth every penny.
Don't know where it was made, but you can bet it was Germany rather than Taiwan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic piece of kit!, 31 Aug. 2014
I use Lime and lemons on a daily basis and was primarily using a reamer but often juice would squirt anywhere but where it was directed and picking away at the pips took time not to mention the strain on my wrists.

I decided it was time for a change and frankly would have never normally considered something in this price range until I noticed that several of the competitor models had very mixed reviews whereas this brand and model had glowing reviews in the states so I decided to pay the extra.

Despite it being early days I have not been disappointed so far and can state that it is very well made sturdy piece of kit that from the feel of it should last a very long time.

simply pop half a lemon/lime face down and push the top lever down and the device removes all the juice leaving only the skin behind and as yet I have had no problems having to pick pips out of the juice.

The juice does not squirt everywhere either for example I like to drink lemon/lime water over ice and I can hold this device over the top of the glass itself and juice goes into the glass without squirting anywhere else, or hold over a salad bowl/pan on the stove when making salads/meals etc.

Its easy on the wrists as well just hold the device in one hand and press the top down with the other.

I am very satisfied with this product and hope it lasts me a very long time but if If any faults appear in due course I will update my review.

The seller was also very quick in getting this item to me despite the super saver postage so that was an added bonus as well.

I believe it would make a great gift for the cooks/foodies in your lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 4 May 2012
Christine Kendrick "lovedogs3uk" (Birmingham England) - See all my reviews
This is by far the best lemon squeezer I've ever owned - I keep buying cheap lemons just so I can squeeze them! Really easy to use and gets every last drop out. Easy to clean as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Freshforce Citrus Juicer, 17 April 2012
Excellent piece of kit. Easy to operate and easy to clean. It must be one of the best kitchen utensils around. Design and construction first class. A must have for all serious cooks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, gets every last drop of juice out, 26 Jan. 2014
Took the risk on buying this, having not seen one before. It does an excellent job - squeezes out lemons, limes or oranges and leaves very little juice behind.

You chop the fruit in half and place the half upside down in the half-sphere container i.e. the curved part of the fruit goes upwards, facing away from the yellow 'hole' in the presser. The juicing is far far more effective than using a conventional juicer or fork and requires much less force.

The gear setup means it is very easy to press down without applying too much force. The 'bowl' is large enough to fit anything about the size of a small-medium orange, or smaller.

Pros
- Extremely effective juicer
- Doesn't require that much force
- Fits up to small-medium orange sized fruit

Cons
- Slightly expensive, but definitely worth it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›