on 19 November 2013
this will help me to make a quilt, it would have been much harder to cut the shape by hand.
I can use my rotary cutter to follow the outline and the depth of the template will stop me cutting in to a thinner template.. I can cut 6 pieces of the material at one time as well..
on 17 September 2013
So many times I have tried to manage to make diamonds with my long ruler which can be awkward and not so accurate. This ruler is perfect for cutting diamonds especially from scraps of fabric. The plastic it is manufactured from is excellent quality.excellent quality.
on 25 December 2013
had to wait a few weeks for it to arrive but it's very good quality and well marked. I had to think about how to use it as I was making tumbling blocks so only had a few of each colour to cut but looks good ! The hardest part was stitching it together on the machine so now it's the last one to hand stitch onto my Sampler Quilt, all of the 20 look good.
on 5 March 2014
This is a very useful piece of equipment for a patch worker. It's possible to cut both diamonds and triangles of different sizes from one ruler, makes things more accurate and speedier. A good addition to my patchwork tools.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 November 2015
I purchased this acrylic quilting template for myself. I have previous had a couple of different acrylic templates in the past so knew what to expect. Once you get used to the cutting techniques, which were shown on the label of the template I received (if they are not you can look up online how to use the templates if you are unsure). You can use this to cut diamonds that are a finished height of 1" to a finished height of 4" and it goes up by 1/2" increments. It has a 1/4 seam allowance from the cut points. There is a line showing you were to cut and what the finished height is (solid line is cut line, dotted line is finished height). Works best when you use the template to square off fabric and line up the cut line (whichever you choose, as it is clear you can choose any dimension between 1" - 4" to an outside edge and then cut around the remainder of the template. Easy to use, hard and works very well with a rotary cutter. I would highly recommend to someone looking to make patchwork a little easier! I will definitely purchase more of the Simplicity templates in future.
on 2 February 2014
The product was exactly what I wanted. A useful addition to my quilting hobby. Delivery was very prompt so I could get sewing straight away.
on 28 February 2014
Been looking forward to getting one of these and it is a great addition to tool kit. The usual high standard from Simplicity.
on 10 February 2014
Just what I wanted, brilliant.. Just filling space now until I can submit this. I really object to having to do this.
on 4 May 2015
Great little template, does exactly what it should. The instructions are very clear and easy to follow and this template enable you to accurately cut diamond shapes from 1" finished height to 4" finished height.
on 13 June 2015
As you would expect from a Simplicity product they are good quality and do exactly what you want them to do. it is a pleasure to find a brand where you have no concerns over quality.