on 12 April 2010
Aquila are the best ukulele strings available in my opinion. If more ukes had them fitted from new shops would sell more instruments. They can even make a very inexpensive ukulele sound miles better. They can take a few more days of playing to stretch and settle in but the retuning in that time is well worth it. Worth is another brand of ukulele strings which are also very good. I have used them also but have returned now to Aquila.
on 21 January 2012
On a whim,I bought a cheap ukelele from a charity shop.It was okay, but I had a lot of trouble tuning the cheap plastic strings and when I finally managed to it sounded awful and didn't encourage me to learn to play.When one of the strings broke I bought these, which were about half the price of the ukelele itself, but they have transformed the instrument.My uke now sounds like it cost much more than it did.The sound is now much,much better and they are easier to tune and to actually use and I would highly recommend them.Fantastic!
on 26 June 2010
Just fitted a set of these to a new uke to replace the set supplied. Instant improvement!Many thanks to the previous reviewer.
on 13 September 2011
I was a bit wary buying these strings as they cost almost as much as my £10 Mahalo ukulele. But the sounds improvement they made was definitely worth it, it sounds much smoother.
on 17 January 2012
Much better than the ones that came with the uke, very happy with purchase. They sound really good and the previous reviewers were correct that they would be an improvement.
on 8 December 2010
I use these strings on a cheapo Mahalo ukulele. They are a definite improvement on the strings that came with the product - this is especially noticeable on the higher notes which sounded dull on the other strings. If they're not quite as good as I hoped, that's probably more down to my playing.
on 3 February 2014
The strings as supplied on my Epeiphone Les Paul Uke to be fair weren't that bad but having read a number of reviews on these I thought I would try a set and I'm glad I did what an improvement they have made to my uke's sound quality - fantastic product. I will definitely be making these my stock standards in future. Nice clear sound all round, they took a little while to tune in but once fully stretched they are now holding tune beautifully. Bit more expensive than some but in this case you really do get what you pay for.
on 10 February 2012
Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong at all with these strings, but they do have a different "tone" from, say, Worth strings, and that might or might not be advantages depending on the build, shape and materials of your uke. On my Fluke concert uke I definitively prefer Worth strings instead, because the Aquilas sound to powerful and boomy. Aquilas are certainly quality strings, but do not stick with them blindly just because everybody recommends them.
on 7 August 2012
Any one who owns a ukulele or banjo-ukulele must surely know about these quality strings. The settle and stretch in quickly and retain their tuned qualities. They enhance a quality instrument and/or make cheap ukulele sound far far better. Why manufacturers do not fit them as standard I do not know.My purchase arrived in less than 24 hours. Good service require recognition.
on 16 February 2014
I bought these strings because I've already had some for my soprano uke so I knew what a difference it makes to the sound, they are a lot better than the original ones which come on the ukes, they seem to give a better tone and also when I originally read the reviews about them-they were nearly all on five stars (and rightly so too) I would definitely recommend them