5.0 out of 5 stars Long Live Cherry Pop! THE label for reissuing old stuff! :)
Published on 23 Jan 2010 by D. Whiting

3.0 out of 5 stars Trade Descriptions Act ??
Published on 26 Jan 2010 by Mr. P. N. Cairns

5.0 out of 5 stars Long Live Cherry Pop! THE label for reissuing old stuff! :), 23 Jan 2010
This review is from: Fearless (Audio CD)
When this CD came out I wrote a negative review (like many other people) complaining of the fact that the mastering of this CD had been botched and the 'Dance Mix' of "Baby Baby" wasn't included (the album version was repeated twice instead) and the end of the 'Disco Mix' of "I'm Not Scared" was truncated. I'm happy to report that the CD has now been repressed and all the faults have been fixed so, please ignore the complaints and purchase with confidence. If anyone does end up with the faulty disc, simply contact the lovely people at Cherry Pop via their website and they'll be happy to issue a replacement. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Exellent album, 3 Jan 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Fearless (Audio CD)
I was watching UK gold a few years ago, an episode of top of the pops was on from 198?. Eighth Wonder was on singing "I'm not scared". I used to like this song when it was first out, and always meant to get the album. When i first came on the internet a few months ago i rememberes that this was one of the albums i wanted to get. Lucky me Amazon had it, i've played it over and over again. A brilliant album with the voice of "Patsy Kensit" as the lead singer. This was worth the price

3.0 out of 5 stars Trade Descriptions Act ??, 26 Jan 2010
Mr. P. N. Cairns (Birmingham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fearless (Audio CD)
Whilst there is nothing wrong with the music on this cd(perhaps a little dated).I have knocked one star off for the record company not checking the tracks and the different versions they put on this disc.As a previous reviewer states the track "Baby Baby" appears on the cd twice !!.It is not as Cherry Red records claim track 14 "Baby Baby dance mix" is the same as track 3.I find this very poor and very misleading,i don't want to go over the top but does this not come under the trade descriptions act.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great pop album... but a missed opportunity, 31 Dec 2009
This review is from: Fearless (Audio CD)
This album is one of those great pop forgotten gems. It was huge in continental Europe. I would recommend it for anyone into late 80s pop.

This re-release is a bit of a missed opportunity, though, as all of the tracks were previously released in the UK. It would have been the perfect chance to include "La Luce Buona Delle Stelle", Patsy's duet with Eros Ramazzotti, for example. Most of all, this release should include a DVD of their videos, like the recent Sinitta Greatest Hits that the same record company have put out. That would have made it really worth it for those of us who still have the original 80s CD or the mid 90s re-release.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed bag AND botched remastering, 29 Jan 2010
This review is from: Fearless (Audio CD)
I am glad that I didn't go out of my way to get this album years ago when it was too expensive and a hassle to find a decent copy. I don't know that I was ever an Eighth Wonder fan per se, but I did buy "I'm Not Scared" and "Cross My Heart" when they came out and I consider them to be a couple of the best that 80s pop offered.
I managed to get a hold of a thorough collection of this project two years ago and I was not impressed by the rest of their catalogue. After buying this cd and playing it, my opinion has not changed. I don't know how other reviewers find this a glowing release, but it must be a matter of taste. But can it? I love everything Kylie, Sinitta, Mandy Smith, Samantha Fox after all.

I found the actual album (tracks 1-11) to be a total mixed bag. Apart from the aforementioned, only "When The Phone Starts Ringing" and "Baby Baby" don't make me think that this is just awful. "Will You Remember" has struck me again for being a complete waste of time and an unbelievably mindnumbing song with the worst chorus I've ever heard. It is unbelievable and I thank Cherry Pop for not including the longer version on here.
"I'm Not Scared" sticks out like a sore thumb, being a total jem of a song, amidst this below-average material.

Anyway, the sound quality of the remaster doesn't seem bad to me. I am very glad to have the French version of "I'm Not Scared" because while being a bit silly and with a translation that is oddly enough almost literal and actually works most of the time, is very charming. Maybe the fact that Patsy is not actually singing it but speaking it helps. I've been loving it since it came out. To have it on cd at last is great.

Cherry Pop might have begun with a bang reissuing forgotten (by their labels) albums from the 80s, but lately have gone really bad: Sinitta's Greatest Hits DVD is a direct mono transfer from a compilation VHS, and this cd has the Disco Mix of "I'm Not Scared" chopped off at the end. The original goes on a bit longer instead it is faded out here, ruining the mood. "Baby Baby" (Dance Mix) is missing from the cd, instead the album version is just repeated instead. Maybe they thought that with Madonna's leading of the pack with her totally botched remastering "job" (*cough!!!) "Celebration", this is how things need to be done???
After all, the Disco Mix was issued just months earlier on "Disco Discharge: Euro Disco" in its entirety. What happened here?

CHERRY POOP YOU SHOULD RECALL ALL COPIES AND REPLACE THEM!!!!!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Mastering mistakes and no good track listing., 23 April 2010
Gianluca De Caro (Italy) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fearless (Audio CD)
Again mistakes from Cherry Red label: Baby Baby stated as dance mix is instead the same album version appeared as track 3. Omitted as bonus track the 12" extended version for "Stay with me" that all fans never had on cd and neither this time.... But who is to compile the track listings for Cherry Red 80's reissues...?!

5.0 out of 5 stars great album, 30 Jan 2014
This review is from: Fearless (Audio CD)
Remind me of my youth when the music was so much better than most of the actual rubbish produced nowadays

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 14 Jan 2011
J. H. J. Theuns "chochito" (amsterdam holland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fearless (Audio CD)
I always liked this album, the reissue is good soundquality wise, but there is not a lot of extras, they should have included hard to find remixes instead of the ones that were release on CD single back in 88/89

5.0 out of 5 stars Pop perfection at its best, 25 Jan 2010
This review is from: Fearless (Audio CD)
'Fearless' really captures the highlights of the best work of Eighth Wonder, and is a great reminder of all the great songs they gave us.

Originally this was released as a 10-track album in the UK in the autumn of 1988, however later editions of the album also included an 11th track, "Stay With Me", their 1985 debut single. All these 11 tracks are here, complete with 5 additional tracks - 4 remixes/alternate versions and one B-side. It is a shame that some of their international B-sides have been omitted for this release like "Loser In Love", "Open Your Mind" and "Having It All", as well as remixes/extended versions for the singles "When The Phone Stops Ringing", "Will You Remember" and "Use Me".

The songs that are on here are of superb quality. 80s pop has never sounded better. It makes you wonder what could have been if the group had not split up. The 1988 singles "I'm Not Scared", "Cross My Heart" and "Baby Baby" being the most catchy and most commercial songs. This is one of the few albums I can truly say have no filler tracks, every song is a joy to listen to and has a feel-good factor all the way through. My personal favourites from this album except the singles are "My Baby's Heartbeat" and "The Dress". It is almost a crime they were never promoted as singles, they are that good.

This album was sadly not a big success chart-wise in the UK. However listening to these songs you realise how underrated this group were, although lead singer Patsy Kensit went on to find greater success as an actress in the years to come. Maybe it was just the time and place...

I would recommend `Fearless` to any serious pop music fan, although they were not around for long they did write music history and will always be remembered for their pop brilliance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Sep 2014
This review is from: Fearless (Audio CD)
All is ok. The product and shipping

Fearless
Fearless by Eighth Wonder (Audio CD - 2010)