4.0 out of 5 stars Compact, efficient, cheap to run
Published on 3 Sep 2010 by williamcaxton

3.0 out of 5 stars Good all round printer but lacking in one department
Published on 28 Sep 2010 by zammo

4.0 out of 5 stars Compact, efficient, cheap to run, 3 Sep 2010
This review is from: Brother DCP-195C A4 Colour Inkjet Multifunction Printer (Electronics)
This printer was bought to replace another small Brother machine. It's quiet in use, tolerably quick when printing colour or mono, the colour gamut and resolution aren't too bad for a cheap four-ink machine (although I wouldn't put complicated hi-res work through it). The real deal-maker for me was the low cost of (compatible) cartridges - little more than 1 each when bought online in multiples. In my experience, only Epson compatibles for machines like the Stylus SX200 are as economical, and it's certainly far cheaper to run than any HP, Dell or Lexmark printers that I've come across.

5.0 out of 5 stars "I love it", 12 Dec 2010
I am severely disabled and although I can control everything on my computer through speech recognition software I need to instruct other people to do physical things like setting up a new printer, loading paper and troubleshooting although I'm hoping not too much of that! So when I had to get a new printer it had to be really problem free and user-friendly for a lot of different people would have to use it and bearing that in mind, it also needed to be relatively inexpensive in case it was misused and broke down. I wanted a printer economical on ink and my pal, "tech" Martin, recommended a Brother so I read all the reviews and chose this one. It arrived PDQ after ordering and was easily setup following the instruction sheet although we did stray to Mac instructions by being too complacent, because it looked so easy but soon got back on track, and it was setup in no time.
It worked straight away prints, photocopies and scans very quietly and easily, easy for me and my assistants to work and the readout on the printer is very helpful as well. The quality of the printed documents is very good. although I don't have a lot of experience as I only ever had Epsons but appears to be a lot better than ones I've used.
I have not used it long enough to see how economical on ink it is. But it seems like a very good idea to be able to change each colour individually and it was easy to install them. So summing up, cheap quiet, easy and good. It isn't too big and it's white so it fits in the open plan kitchen quite well.
One happy user from Glasgow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brother DCP-195C All-in-One Printer, 8 July 2010
Mr. G. Morris (North Wales UK) - See all my reviews
I have always been an Epson man, and when, after long and faithful service my scanner packed in I obviously looked at the latest Epson models. After looking at other makes as well, I realised that I could probably buy and all-in-one printer for not much more than a 'good' scanner. I decided on The Brother DCP 195C and have found it, so far, as good as 'it says on the tin'. I found no problem unpacking and setting up. The Amazon free delivery was quick and as estimated, and the price was the clincher. I have already recommended it to someone who was impressed when I sang it's praises and who. I think, is going to buy one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 10 Aug 2010
I gained this product as part of a birthday present and I couldn't of been happier.

The idea of buying this printer came from the need for something which could do everything you would ever need and wasn't too costly to buy in more ink. If this is the case for you, then this is the product for you.

I did find that the printer is bigger then I expected, but it makes up for itself in the fact that it is super quiet compared to other printers I know and the ink is so cheap to get online.

This is great as a starting printer for students or for families who find their only needs are scanning and printing out items. Overall, great product for university and family life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brother DCP-195C Colour All-In-One - Printer (Electronics), 4 Jun 2010
Mrs. J. A. Lash "janange" (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a previous version of this All-in-One and am delighted with my purchase. It arrived almost by by return of post and was easy to set up and use. It is much quieter than the previous version but I have yet to test whether the company has managed to overcome the irritating fault of the machine going on 'beeping' the warning that the inks need replacing even when some, but not all, of the ink cartridges, of the ink had been replaced. But excellent value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality and a reasonable price., 15 Jun 2010
this is a good printer for a fair price. it is fairly quiet and the print quality is good. For my general printing and scanning needs this is simple and effective. i would buy this again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brother DCP195C multifunction inkjet printer, 13 Oct 2010
A good basic multifunction machine. Quiet, good quality printing and copying. Uses less ink than a previous printer (Epson SX115) Excellent value for money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good all round printer but lacking in one department, 28 Sep 2010
This is a good all round printer, scanner and copier and i would recommend it for that. Standard printing and copying is good and very quiet compared to other printers. Another good side is that the ink management actually works unlike the preprogrammed scam like Epson have, so full marks there for Brother. Bad points, no USB cable but does come with ink and sample glossy paper. Software can be tricky to load but got there eventually.
Now here is the big downside, the Brother website allows you to upload an image which they will print off on any printer of your choice and post it to you. Good service, which i used. However despite contacting Brother help desk i am still not able to replicate the print they sent me ! even with their advice of settings. The fact is, its from another higher quality printer and not the one your proposing to buy. So boo hoo there for Brother. Photo prints are just ok and you cant achieve lab quality as they say, no way ! I am still going to upload photos to well known superstore and have them print them off for me, far cheaper and much better quality.
I would recomend this printer but not for photos and dont get sucked in by their free print service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brother DCP-195C Printer, 13 April 2010
Mrs. K. M. Jenner "Essentially Soaps" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This arrived quickly. Easy to set up and use. I am impressed with the silent action and the quality of the print but you must make sure the paper is loaded correctly or it does not load up to the printer.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent purchase, 17 Jun 2010
This is probably one of the best items of office equipment I have purchased for sometime. If you are seeking a really worthwhile printer then do purchase this one. I have always been a fan of Epson but after purchasing one of their supposed 'top of the range' printers and the most appauling after-sales or rather non-existent after-sales service I decided to try Brother and wish I had purchased a Brother printer years ago.