Excellent little item which i am using to value various jewellry items before being sold. Can see markings easily.well worth [...]
Published on 1 Sept. 2010 by stuma31

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, but it pays to pay.
I had to use this today for an 'emergency'. I had never thought too much about its magnifying power before but as it was critical this time I eyeball measured it. It is only about 3x3 i.e. 10x magnification before distortion and blurring. Without a shadow of a doubt. I achieve the same sized object, when in focus, using my Gowlland 10x loupe.

Both are pretty...
Published on 13 Aug. 2012 by englishheather

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, but it pays to pay., 13 Aug. 2012
englishheather (Stevenage, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Folding Magnifier 21Mm Loupe 20X Chrome

Both are pretty clear throughout the lens area, with little drop-off and so on at the circumference, making this metal one easier to master with its 21 mm diameter compared to my 17 mm Gowlland. The glass in my Gowlland is superior (reflected in its higher price) to this one in that I see more detail and better contrast of shades.

Others may find the metal casing a plus but I prefer the plastic of my Gowlland as, being lighter, I can hold it for greater lengths of time and there is no strain on the screw - this metal one tends to loosen the screw and swing shut with the weight it carries.

This is a cheap convenient loupe that is ok for all the purposes others have given - READING jewellery and pottery marks, battery numbers, etc., etc. But, with loupes it really does pay to pay. I found myself straining to see the DETAIL today with this nameless metal one that I saw easily with my more expensive (though not bank-breaking) Gowlland.

I would have given this 4 stars because I do like it and it is (currently) value for money, but I've had mine more than two years now and it is still being sold as one with 20x magnification.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jewellers Pocket Folding Magnifier Loupe and case 20 x 21mm chrome finish, 1 Sept. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 2 Oct. 2010
J. McNicol - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Folding Magnifier 21Mm Loupe 20X Chrome
Ideal for seeing those small signs on pottery or silver marks get the position right for a sharp clear image

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Folding Magnifier 21Mm Loupe 20X Chrome
Didnt know what to expect for such a cheap price especially with free delivery. I thought it might have been plastic, but no it's a very well made chromed metal casing with glass optics. It's even supplied in a little plastic storage case. Very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 3 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Folding Magnifier 21Mm Loupe 20X Chrome
I have no idea how they sell these for the price! Absolutely amazing value, the quality is as good a anything I've ever seen and I use this professionally, I'm am engineer and use it for looking at imperfections, perfect to keep in my desk drawer. Can't recommend this highly enough, would give out ten stars of that was possible!

4.0 out of 5 stars quality and value, 27 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Folding Magnifier 21Mm Loupe 20X Chrome
Here we have a good quality product good service etc great all round what you see is what you get

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 21 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Folding Magnifier 21Mm Loupe 20X Chrome
Reasonable quality, and very good value for the price. It certainly makes the reading of hallmarks and examination of jewellery and so on a lot easier - also worked as a closeup lens for the camera which enabled me to post photos of hallmarks on a selling website.

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, 7 Jun. 2011
L. Officer - See all my reviews
This review is from: Folding Magnifier 21Mm Loupe 20X Chrome
I purchased this for botanical study. As far as I can tell it works well but I can't comment on the actual strength of magnification, it possibly feels stronger than ones that I have used in the past (on courses etc) but not having paid attention to the labels on those it is hard to say!

I have found it a bit harder to use than I expected (again compared to ones I have used before) as the lens is smaller. The area of focus is small (in the centre of the lens) with the other areas blurry. Maybe with a smaller magnification the focus is wider? That said it does magnify well and really means you can see the small details, parts of flowers etc.

For the money it is better than expected, it feels a bit cheap but does work for what I need although I may look for another with a larger lens.

4.0 out of 5 stars Update (here at last), 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Folding Magnifier 21Mm Loupe 20X Chrome
I must say that there was some trouble with it getting shipped from China,the first one went missing so I was sent a second one which in time arrived. I have no
Compliant with the product it does it's job for what I need it for. I quite got to like this seller he always kept in touch and offered me a refund at one point because the first one as I mentioned did'nt show up. Although we're not talking a lot of money here he still did his best to make sure I was kept in the loop, and he always
Contacted me first which I thought was good on his behalf. I suppose when they ship the goods it's out of their hands so i'am not knocking him for that but the only fault was the time taken, but his customer care made up for that but one star off for long dely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Item, 8 Nov. 2010
Marham - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Folding Magnifier 21Mm Loupe 20X Chrome
It certainly magnifies to a high resolution. It is a bit fiddly and small but I expect that comes with the power. It is sometimes difficult to locate the area you wish to look at.

Folding Magnifier 21Mm Loupe 20X Chrome