5.0 out of 5 stars lovely sandals
Published on 26 Jun. 2011 by miss.v

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit big for me, ive never been less ...
A bit big for me, ive never been less than a ladies size 5, had i known how these are sized i would have ordered a 4. Having said that they've done wonders for my posture and i wear them all the time indoors as slippers, once youre used to them its hard to wear something completely flat without feeling theres somethin missing!
Published 2 months ago by Julie Collins

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely sandals, 26 Jun. 2011
So glad I bought these- they really are comfy. I bought the Koralle and Ice Pearl Onyx ones - colours on here really does not do them justice! I bought the M fit (I presume wide as the other is N for narrow), as I have quite wide feet but found these perfect even though was sceptical after reading reviews elsewhere about them being narrow. Great buy, would defenetly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great comfort, 7 Jan. 2014
These are great sandals. I now have 4 pairs. I can walk for miles in them & I also wear them indoors as slippers. I am a 35EU narrow & that's the size I buy. Yes they do look big but that is the point. They are designed to allow for the expansion of your feet hence your feet are never cramped or sweaty. Your feet can breathe. I also wear the buckles quite loose as I find them more comfortable to walk in. It does mean that I jar my foot on the rims of them on the odd occasion but that is my choice.
As far as I know they come in 2 width sizes. Normal/Regular (M) & Narrow/Small (N). Unless you have particularly wide feet I would go for the Narrow.
Birkenstock do not make you look like a granny, as one reviewer stated, but then I guess this depends on the style & colour you choose.
Note - the Ice Pearl Onyx sandals are a blue/grey/silver, depending on the light, rather than black & all my sandals are Birko-Flor so I cannot comment on the others.
The reason for 4 rather than 5 stars - the jarring of my feet on the rims on occasion, the rims are hard! Also I could do with a narrower fit. Pity they only come in 2 width fittings.
However, terrific buy. I understand their popularity. Wear them into the shape of your feet & you will never have them off your feet!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love 'em!, 17 Jun. 2011
I bought my first pair of Birkenstocks about two years ago and have to admit that I am hooked on them. I can only wear flat shoes because of a slight mobility problem and also need an arch support. Birkenstocks are perfect for me. The reason I choose these shoes is because all my other pairs are patterned, which is great, unless you are wearing something else that is patterned! I also choose these as I already own a pair of florida and find them the most secure on my foot and are very adjustable. I got the ice nubuck in narrow and they fit a treat. They may not be the sexiest shoe in the world BUT they are in my opinion still quite feminine,very comfortable and practical. It may take a while to get used to the solebed as they mould to your own foot shape, when they do it's like wearing a pair of custom made shoes. (Am I a fan? Noooooo, not really!!!)
Hope this little bit of info is of help to you. (another thing to, do not compare the real thing with lookilikies..there is NO comparison at all. The old saying that you only get what you pay for is only too true with this style of shoe.) Enjoy. x

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 15 Aug. 2011
I love Birkenstock's - so comfortable and easy to wear! I know they are a bit hippyish but at least they now come in bright colours which makes them a bit less muesli-ish.

The key thing is that the moulded insoles are really supportive, which means you can be on your feet all day and not end up with aches and pains. They are brilliant if you have high arches like me. NB if you are buying them for this reason, go for the Birkenstock brand as I think the many sub-brands (Birko, Betula, etc) are normally made with a less supportive insole.

I've owned several pairs and I prefer the non-leather Birko-Flor, which is a synthetic material with felt-type fabric bonded to the back. I find I get blisters with the leather ones, but never with the Birko-Flor as they are soft inside. They certainly don't look like cheap plastic or wear badly. My previous pairs have eventually worn out on the soles after a LOT of wear, but the Birko-Flor has not split or damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy yet stylish, 17 Aug. 2013
These Birkenstock are just fabulous! really comfy and stylish and the colour (Ice Pearl) is practical as it goes with everything without being boring.
Problem: do NOT listen to those who say the size is big - I am a 5.5 with wide feet and thus generally go for uk 6. Other reviews persuaded me to get 38 (5) and it is too small - my daughter is extremely happy with her new shoes and I am about to order a 39!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, 20 May 2011
I just love Birkenstocks they really help with my back problems.... It's also good to find an outlet for them that isn't ridiculously expensive! These look really good on and absolutely fabulous with maxi dresses in the evening. Also good to have the choice of width narrow wide etc. It is always worth it when ordering these sandals to go a size down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 July 2011
Great purchase.
I needed to get something with an in-built arch support as I cant wear footwear without any support for my feet. After a very warm week in Turkey having to wear trainers (with socks-ooh sweaty!) when all around were in flip-flops I decided to do some research when I got home.
These fit the bill as the contoured footbed supports my knackered feet and dont cause me pain within half an hour which is what happens when wearing un-supportive footwear.
No more hot and sweaty feet for me as these do the trick and I can let my tootsies feel some air!

I did try some on first in a local shop (they only had toe-post versions though and I am not keen on those) and found that you do need a size smaller than usual.

4.0 out of 5 stars Speedy delivery and super comfy, 28 Aug. 2013
These are very comfortable. I am pleased I decided on the narrow fit as they come up wide. I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars my opinion, 30 July 2013
after reading loads of reviews, I ment to order a size smaller than i am-my size 39(6) but I have decided to call birkenstock uk and ask abt the sizeing in that model-florida and ask if that`s true that this model really comes bigger in sizeing so should I ordred 38(5)?
lovely lady on the phone have advise me that I should order my real size , so I did I must also mention that I already own 2 pairs of Birkenstock but in different model and both of them r size 39(6).
after 4 days i have received my parcel from Germany so pretty quick must admit and the size its perfect and is my size also my feet r normal and I ordered in slim version (N) absolutely happy abt the item!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but stylish., 25 Oct. 2010
Great holiday shoes but worth going for a size smaller than your normal shoe and definitely going for the slim fit unless you have wide feet.