on 12 April 2004
Like every GVSB record, you have to listen quite a lot of times until you're finally into the album. With "You Can't Fight What You Can't See" it's the same...I had to put on the whole album 4 times until I could decide whether I liked it or not... I remember when I listened to it the 1st time I disliked it, but after 1,5 years it's one of those few cd's you never get bored.
The Album kicks-off with the astonishing "Basstation", a brilliant chorus-riff that -once you're into it- you want to hear over and over again. Addictive as hell and -I believe- their best song ever! "Miami Skyline" and the great "The Comedown" have that very sexy, typical GvsB sound like most of the tracks, except the very catchy "BFF" and beautiful closer "Let It Breathe", which is one of my favourite tracks.
"Kicking The Lights" kicks off with a QOTSA-esque groove but just when you're thinking "wow this 's gonna be the song of the album", the chorus comes into play and screws up the whole song. Sad, but true...
After all, if you like their sound, Scott's sexy voice and want to discover them, you can buy this one with your eyes closed!