5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Backgammon set
I really don't understand the previous two-star review. The set does indeed look like the Amazon photo. It's a very beautiful-looking set. Nice finish, generous dimensions, and complete. Playing backgammon on a set this size and quality greatly adds to the pleasure. I for one am delighted.
Published on 22 Sept. 2011 by J. Langworthy

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price
Published 1 month ago by Dante

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Backgammon set, 22 Sept. 2011
J. Langworthy - See all my reviews
This review is from: Backgammon set walnut with inlaid top and board - 00455 (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars very elegant Christmas present, 29 Mar. 2013
This looks and feels great for the price and it is quite a size. Just like the ones they play on in Arab souks/tea houses. Looks like it would last forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift, 21 Jan. 2013
in have been looking for a good set for months.This was even better than i expected my husband loves it and thats quite something he is hard to buy for

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Birthday present..., 30 Aug. 2013
Birthday present for my boyfriend. Lovely quality, feels and looks expensive. He was very pleased - now for the hard task of teaching me how to play!

5.0 out of 5 stars A handsome piece of equipment., 3 Mar. 2014
This is good to look at and well made. It could rate as a (not so small) object of desire. I like wood and obviously the makers of this set like wood too. The quality of this set is not much inferior to sets costing 10 times as much. My only quibble is that there is no casting-off tray so I am going to manufacture a pair myself. I wold have marked the set down for this but the rest of it is so pleasing that it gets a full 5 stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for the price, 2 April 2015
When new, this was an attractive product. With a few months' use, the brown colouring in the board has scuffed all the white pieces and dice, which is a shame. One of the brown dice has also chipped, which is a surprise. Then I see that the board itself is quite cheaply made. But then again, I didn't pay top dollar so this gets three stars as a decent if not brilliant product at the price. The set is still in use though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought on behalf of a friend nearly a disaster as ..., 24 Jan. 2015
Bought on behalf of a friend nearly a disaster as it set my account to have a default to her address on Devon!,,

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Nov. 2014
Lovely quality this was just what I had hoped it would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars My son loved it., 29 Dec. 2013
It was a present for my son and he was delighted with it. (I can't say any more as I haven't seen it yet.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Backgammon saga, 15 Oct. 2010
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:4.0 out of 5 stars
I ordered this set for my husband and unfortunately the box showed a different picture to what was inside even though what was inside was the same as the picture shown on Amazon. My husband saw the picture on the box and was then disappointed with what was inside! Then when playing the first game there was a faulty wooden piece. I decided after all this to return the whole thing I was very impressed with this service, the day after I returned it I was refunded straight away.

Backgammon set walnut with inlaid top and board - 00455