5.0 out of 5 stars Uniquitiy abounds.
Published on 3 April 2005 by moira

3.0 out of 5 stars Fading
Great when you first hear it but soon into mutates into just catchy riff in search of a good song. Lyrically unchallenging.
Published on 25 Mar 2004 by Mr. D. Norden

5.0 out of 5 stars Uniquitiy abounds., 3 April 2005
This review is from: Take Me Out (Audio CD)
This song seriously makes me want to cry it's so damned good, so ok It may not be 100% original, with the riff being stolen from Led Zeppelin, but is it really worthy of 1 star because of this? the rather obtuse reviewer from sunderland thought so, which is entirely ridiculous because they state that 'It's not a bad song'. With all the covers and samples from old songs about, and music getting increasingly retro these days, it's original enough for me, and one of those songs that you play repeatedly until you get sick of it (which I haven't yet).
Essentially their best song, Take me out is anthemic to say the least and I mean that with all sincerity; I haven't been hooked on a song like this since Call on me by Eric Prydz. Personally I would buy the album if I were you, but I guess that's a no brainer (unless you want the B-sides).
Rock on Franz Ferdinand

5.0 out of 5 stars The No.2 Band of 2004, 26 Jan 2004
This review is from: Take Me Out (Audio CD)
Well they would be no.1 but, as they don't believe in "no.1" they will have to be no.2. But they are no.1 and the best thing is, you have 11 months of the year left to enjoy them!
Having fell in love with and bought Darts of Pleasure, i thought there is no way they could surpass it with their second single. However, this catchy, guitar-driven, disco-pop extravaganza does in every way.
As far as the b-sides go they are good, although they come nowhere near Van Tango and Shopping For Blood, from Darts of Pleasure, but All For You, Sofia is a great fabulous song and Words So Leisured is a great alternative version of Darts of Pleasure.
I just cant wait for the album, if the songs they have put out there so far are anything to go by, its going to be fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely Take it Out!, 18 Feb 2004
This review is from: Take Me Out (Audio CD)
This song is just so catchy I was singing it for days before I knew what it was called and who the artist was and they're British YAHOO! This has got to be one of the most fun and catchy tunes around for a while and they sound like they're having so much fun. Really refreshing - not sure I can see the White Stripes comparisons, but this has got some great guitar on it and a freshness about it. In fact I'm going to rush out and buy the album!! Like the song says 'take me out', give me a play you won't be disappointed - Britpop at it's best!

5.0 out of 5 stars Taken in, 13 Jan 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Take Me Out (Audio CD)
On the grounds of this Franz Ferdinand are going to be HUGE. Catchier than seven nation army this tune is going to ring around venues, festivals and clubs all year. The B sides aint bad too. Track 2 is like Depeche Mode on acid and the acoustic like Leonard Cohen on valium. Cant wait to get the album, who gives a toss if its original its fun :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars flippin mint, 26 Mar 2004
David (yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me Out (Audio CD)
Buy this and you will not regret. I have to admit to start with it may make you think that somebody slipped a strokes single into the box when you werent looking but just keep listenning and the song will surprise you with an ultimately brilliant riff that you will anoyingly not be able to get out of your head for days but its worth it because its one of those songs you just want to show akll your friends in the car!
I hope to hear more from these people as I believe that already this could be the no1 band of 2004, Darkness R.I.P! Franz Ferdinand are taking charge!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superfantastich!, 11 Jan 2004
DP Stone (Belfast, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me Out (Audio CD)
This follow up to "Darts Of Pleasure" is more of the same smart infectious guitar driven disco-rock. Since seeing them on Jools Holland last year, I've been waiting for the album to come out, this single is sure sign of the genius that will be unveiled on that album! Anyway very little needs to be said about the single, it'll get into your head, your body, your feet before you know. Another classic from the New Scottish Gentry!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best single of 2004 already, 20 Jan 2004
This review is from: Take Me Out (Audio CD)
So good it feels like three singles rolled into one. The first minute or so jaunts along like an improved Strokes, before bursting into the main hook. You'll soon be humming it walking down the street like me. The break increases the drama.
If you only buy one single this year, make it this one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Franz Ferdinand Are The Best!!!, 25 Aug 2004
A. Hible "Bilo" (Mansfield) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me Out (Audio CD)
I've gotta hand it to Franz Ferdinand; THEY'RE GREAT! I think Take Me Out is the best of the the three singles they have released to date. Simple as.

5.0 out of 5 stars It took me out!, 24 Feb 2004
Mr Sam Davies (Manchester, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me Out (Audio CD)
Extract from my album review:
"I mean, lets just look at quite frankly the most popular track; 'Take Me Out' kicks off with a minute or so of guitar and vocals that could so easily be The Strokes, it then takes a change of direction and lunges into a guitar led pounding beat with a damn catchy vocal to boot, which at times is reminiscent of Bowie.
It took a couple of listens for me to get into it, but now I can't get the rift and vocals out of my mind - guitars to dance to!!"

5.0 out of 5 stars FF comes to save pop!, 20 July 2004
Rowena McKay (Cape Town, Western Cape South Africa) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Take Me Out (Audio CD)
I am blown away by this band, and the brilliant diversity of textures and rhythms in the single 'Take Me Out" -- not to mention a fabulously fractured music video -- has led me to just one conclusion: Franz Ferdinand is the new Talking Heads. He even looks and sounds like David Byrne, which is both creepy and fortunate. I didn't think that sounds and ideas like these -- 'kooky' as it were, and incredibly English -- would swim rather rather sink in the current pop cilmate. Well done to the CD-buying public, I say, for giving credit where credit's due. Fabulous band, fabulous song. I hope they make a mint!

Take Me Out