on 2 October 2012
This started off being quite good, now sadly it is proving very frustrating as with any document that is over six pages long, it drags through more pages than the one it should be, this is despite fannning the pages, separating them one at a time before putting them in the document holder, so sadly I cannot give this much credit at all, canon have not released a very good scanner here, do not buy.
on 10 February 2012
This has to be the best way to a paperless life. The speed and ease of use is amazing. Had a little trouble getting the drivers installed on my iMac. I bought the P-150, which is better for Windows users. When I bought it I didn't realise that there is a Mac specific model, viz P-150M which would have made life a tad easier. Everything now tickety snitch. Scanning is so laboriously slow using flat bed scanners. Only drawback, you can only scan sheets. However, it does up to 25 at a time and both sides automatically. If you want to cut down on filing then this is must for you. Last thing, it can save everything to Evernote. Is that clever or what? Buy it, you know it makes sense!
on 30 May 2011
I bought this scanner to scan a lot of documents, to replace my flatbed scanner.

I tried the Canon scanner on both MacBook Pro and desktop PC, and the performance was very good, even with a single USB connection (I haven't had to use two cables). Note however that this is a Mac version and PC version of the scanner (letter after the number): the embedded software (mounting when connecting via USB) is different, not sure why they couldn't put both versions. However, if you are going to install the full software on your computer (preferable, since more options), then you can buy either version.

In grey scale, at 200dpi, the scanner can easily do 10 pages per minute. In Colour mode, at 300dpi, the scanner works probably at half that speed. Still much quicker than using a flatbed scanner, page by page.

The Canon software is easy to use, and can be configured to do duplex scanning, with blank pages detection. OCR works very well, so the text scanned is searchable within the PDF file, or with the Mac OS search.

I rarely have issue with the scanner not feeding individual pages. It has happened maybe 5 times, on 500 pages scanned, and the paper was usually very thin, and hard to separate manually. People who complain probably didn't install the separation pad.

It may be expensive, but if you are going to scan hundreds of A4 documents, well worth it.
on 7 January 2011
The Canon P-150 scanner is VERY good and easy to use, I'm very impressed with how easy it is to use and carry, only down side is the cost of the crring case at £35.00 odd is silly money, but don't let this put you off the scanner is very easy to use and it is very fast, dead simply, buy it.
on 30 June 2012
This is an excellent scanner. Great design, portability, quality of scans, high speed and duplex scanning. It is so small and lightweight that I can carry it in my bag along with my laptop. It plugs into the laptop's USB, another plus for me as no heavy cables to carry. Already 2 work colleagues have been so impressed that they have each bought one - it's great for those working on the move.
VINE VOICEon 14 April 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
WHen I took this scanner out of the box I was a bit dubious that it would achieve anything like my multi-function printer/scanner. I wasn't encouraged by the fiddly bit you had to install.

However, less than 5 minutes later, my computer had recognised it and I had launched the little application on the CD. 30 seconds later I was looking at 10 photo scans on my windows 7 computer.

So I tried with a stack of A4 invoices. Another 30 seconds at 200 dpi and they were ready for deep storage and available in PDF format on my computer.

One thing I was a bit concerned about was that the scanner refused to appear as a scanner. However, by flicking a small switch on the back, it behaves like a regular scanner and can be accessed by any 3rd party application.

This is possibly the best piece of kit I have had the pleasure to use in a long long time. It works. Better than that, it works extremely well and is small enough to carry around in a briefcase should the fancy take you.
on 15 May 2012
I now have a nice little workflow set up. Anything that I might want that drops through my letter box, gets put on this scanner (which is respectably fast, scans both sides simultaneously and feeds around 30 sheets without jamming) and automatically converted to a pdf file. One click in Acrobat and it's converted to machine readable text (& the pdf shrinks to quite a small document). It then gets filed away on the PC, which is running google desktop and if I ever need a document again, I can do a quick search in Google desktop and get it up on the screen. Paperless office is alive & working here, for very little effort.
The scanner is what makes the difference. Previously a single sheet flat bed scanner would have made this task impossibly time consuming. Now it's just a case of loading the scanner up every couple of days and shredding what comes out of it!
on 14 July 2010
It's small, compact, fast and neat and can be taken anywhere with you as a travelling scanner.

It will scan almost any width from 3cm up to A4 using the paper guides or smaller if you don't. The auto deskskew software works like a charm making this scanner a perfect little gem for anyone that wants a scanner that goes anywhere with them. The quality is exceptionally good too.

Having got a Canon camera and printer (both of which have given years of trouble-free service) a Canon scanner was the natural choice. I was not disapointed.

Another fantastic product from the Canon family.
on 3 May 2012
I bought this scanner for our accounts department who now have to provide digital copies of all received invoices. Previously they were using a flatbed scanner which takes ages to scan each page 1 by one.
The scanner has now moved me straight to the top of out accounts departments Christmas list. They love the batch feed function which they have been using without problems but most of all they love the fact that it can scan both sides of a single page at the same time. What a time saver.
I liked it so much I have now purchased 1 for my own personal use at home.
on 3 March 2013
Generally by the time I come to use it the driver has crashed under Mountain Lion on my mac and I can't re-initialise it without rebooting my whole machine (force quit it and it won't start again properly) Also the paper feed mechanism quite quickly started sucking through multiple sheets at once. This is immensely frustrating. And yes I did attach the paper separator thing that came with it.

Altogether I haven't been massively impressed but if you are a windows user and generally only scan one sheet at a time then you might find it works fine.