on 3 September 2011
While the shackle is usable, if you want a shackle which needs to perform in a high strain application, spend a little extra on stainless steel shackles.

The product:

pros
* around the garden/home is fine
* as cheap as they come

cons
* galvanised, not stainless steel
* doesn't feel like a high quality product and so the manufacture tolerances are higher than I would accept (ie the shackle's pin doesn't fit perfectly)

For those reading this review, I would suggest looking at purplemarine com for stainless steel shackles until amazon list better shackles. I ordered snap shackles form purplemarine and they arrived with the speed amazon impresses with.
on 18 December 2013
The problem was to raise bird feeders higher that the cat could leap, part of the solution was D shackles to help route the cord used for hanging the feeders together with lightweight pulleys.

Ideal for use, probably a myriad of other uses too. The shackles are heftier than I had thought they would be and look like they could cope with a fairly substantial load.
on 13 October 2014
These are okay, I was a little disappointed for I thought they were going to have larger loops to fit my slings, but hey ho we get over our hurdles. After all necessity is the mother of invention.
on 14 March 2013
Not much to say really, exactly as described, heavy duty, seem well built and solid with decent threads on the bolts, no problem at all.
on 20 August 2015
I got these parts for my multigym. They have proven to be very useful for changing round cables, for different uses on the multigym.
on 4 December 2013
Well made. Good finish. As far as shackles go I don't think you could ask for more. There that's the required number of words.
on 2 June 2013
These shackles are well made and the plating is very good, they look like stainless steel. I cannot fault them at all.
on 1 May 2014
Acquired to replace some rather sad examples I have in my shed and workshop. Not much else to say really. Recommended.
on 23 July 2013
Probably from China but seem OK.
Less than a single european shackle . Might go for the real thing on a boat
on 21 March 2014
these are exactly what I want for the job. thank you I will be ordering more of them quite soon