5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Down Mat
Published 12 months ago by Selecta 888

1.0 out of 5 stars Inflation is slow, fails under heavy use
Published 20 months ago by muzzer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Down Mat, 6 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Exped DownMat 9 camping mat 9 LW black camping mat (Sports)
I tested it both in winter and summer at 2500 meters above sea levels. Despite all the if and buts associated with low temperature camping such as cold noses and so on, I must say that in survival scenario such as in a expedition tent, with outside temperature between -5 and -10 degrees Celsius this Mat, worked very well. It was like to sleep on my home bed. I was not shivering nor I could feel the cold which normally would have came up from the freezing snow beneath, so and by all means this product fully insulated my body from the icy snow ground.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant !!, 15 Sept. 2013
An excellent quality mat (as you would expect), coupled with a speedy delivery.
For me, the added bonus is my schnozzel bag fits it perfectly, so inflation is extremely easy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inflation is slow, fails under heavy use, 7 July 2013
I bought the Exped Downmat 9LW, weigh 100kg and am 1.85m. This mat was indeed very good for a few weeks. Very comfortable indeed and I had good nights sleep every night. My only criticism during this time is that the hand inflation method was too slow and cumbersome. It took far longer than their instructional video to pump a real mat up. I could see that the foam inflation block did not expand as much as in their video. That meant with each stroke, nowhere near as much air was going into the mat as they claimed it should. Inflation took about 10 minutes every day, and was very tiresome.

Then the real problem began after about 5 weeks of using the mat every day. The internal structure started to fail. The glue holding the mat into several sections came apart internally, meaning instead of several sections of mat, I ended up with 1 big section in the centre, making it impossible to use as is was like a U shape. I sent the mat back to the supplier who passed it on to Exped. Then Waited 2 months and nothing - Eventually they claimed "they did not have a replacement" which is utter nonsense. Don't trust this company and don't trust this product. The supplier eventually refunded me.