5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse I've ever had
Published on 7 Sep 2010 by MrStillwater

1.0 out of 5 stars Was brilliant but only for a few months
This mouse was outstanding when it was first purchased, no problems and the DPI/Frequency settings were amazing.
Published 13 months ago by Delta

5.0 out of 5 stars Best mouse I've ever had, 7 Sep 2010
This review is from: Razer Abyssus 3500DPI Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I've had a fair number of different mice over the years, and was using a Razer Copperhead for about a year and a half before I finally decided to replace it. The Copperhead was fine, but it always felt slightly too big (I've got fairly small hands I guess) and the buttons on the side for adjusting the sensitivity were too easy to hit accidentally just from holding it. After looking around I eventually decided to give the Abyssus a go, as I liked the idea of a simpler design and a slightly smaller build. Having had it for a month or so now I have to say it's the best mouse I've ever used - it's fast, accurate and extremely comfortable, and manages to look good without being too fancy. The sensitivity buttons are on the under side of the mouse, which might be inconvenient if you like to change the settings in a hurry, but I've never found any reason to and so have never had a problem with it. The mouse wheel was slightly stiff when I first started using it, but now feels completely natural. Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone else looking for a good value gaming mouse, and would certainly buy one again if needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gaming mouse with some flaws, 17 Feb 2011
This review is from: Razer Abyssus 3500DPI Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I've been using the Abyssus for a few months now so here's a review.

First let me say I've very happy with the Abyssus, if I was buying again I'd probably choose the deathadder over it but the Abyssus hasn't really disappointed me in any significant way.

As Szymon O. mentions in his review the Abyssus features the 3.5G sensor which is known to have some problems, specifically jitter which is most apparent at the highest DPI setting 3500, though if you avoid using this setting the jitter isn't really noticeable.
The 3.5G sensor also has issues with some surfaces and mouse mats, if you use a surface that the abysuss doesn't like you may experience some of the problems mentioned by Szymon O., but I would like to say this is completely avoidable with the right mat.

Unlike the deathadder the firmware is not upgradable on the abysuss, this is its biggest drawback when compared to the deathadder 3.5G, as the problems with the 3.5G sensor have been resolved on the deathadder with a firmware update.

So in summary, if you use the lower or mid DPI setting and a compatible surface you won't notice any problem with the sensor.

The abyssus has been compared to the salmosa and there are similarities, the are both small mice with no side buttons and the have a very similar shape, however the abysses does have the advantage of not having mouse prediction unlike the salmosa.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hope this helps you decide, 9 Mar 2011
Well, well, well.
Razer mice... True they have always had their praises sung by customers however, I am also one of them! This mouse was possibly the best thing I saved up for. So if your interested in buying this mouse take your time to consider my review.

Ok to start off, I'm a student, I have no part time job and rely on EMA which gives me 30 a week usually to be spent on bus fares and college supplies however, I saved up some money as my old mouse was becoming unusable. I am a gamer you see, I while away hours at home on the computer wearing my Razer headset, yelling to my mates to avoid bullets, zombies or even aliens it's just how I live my life. Which I can say brings in a lot of technical details to your gaming.

My brother actually recommended I get a razer mouse as I've never had one before, he explained how "awesome" they were by showing me the mouse he owns the Razer Salmosa, he told me about how the high dpi and high Hz really helped his game, so I looked through Razer's site and still wasn't sure I spoke to friends and family about it and had no idea then as luck would have it, one day while gaming on the gaming application Steam I was playing Left 4 Dead 2 and a friend recommended this mouse he stated it had 3,500DPI and 1,000Hz making it a hell of a powerful mouse and so accurate with gaming that it shouldn't be passed up so easily. I quickly searched the razer site but the price did not impress me so I came onto amazon and moped through the razer mouses till it came up here. I decided to buy it straight away and Razer did not delay! Fast next day delivery for free! A beautifully crafted mouse full with instructions and box alike. The mouse kept all it's wonderful promises and just like my headset has made me want to shop with Razer more in the future.

So in conclusion if your working at an office, your doing papers, power points and maybe watching Youtube... Why are you here?

Yet if your gaming on left 4 dead 1 or 2, Alien Swarm or even Call of duty and need that extra edge to swing and shoot your opponent with high accuracy then buy this mouse, it's cheap, economical and it has 3 settings for the mouse DPI so it doesn't swing round like a mad man who's just used "Adrenaline" as they say in Left 4 dead 2 :).

Technical things:
The wire is non tangle and a average length
Mouse three moves with amazing accuracy and also contains 24 individual click positions which are easily accessible
The mouse does has 3 DPI settings which can be adjusted by a mechanical switch underneath it, these are: 450DPI, 1800DPI, 3500DPI.
Also the mouse has another mechanical switch underneath it with two settings for the Polling rate aka the Hz: 125Hz, 1000Hz.
A blue light remains functional at the back of the mouse (Don't believe you can turn this feature off so if you hate glowing items you may wanna try and cover it).
Large easy to grip buttons
3.5G infrared sensor instead of a low quality and highly distracting laser underneath.

Well thats all I have to say, I will be happy to answer any questions and would love to hear if my review helped you or not.

Thanks again Razer for another wonderful and highly efficient product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Razer Abyssus 3500DPI Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
I've read multiple amounts of reviews on this product and they were so many variety of opinions on it. A few on my mates use Razer products and said they are amazing, so I thought I'd ignore randomers comments and listened to my friends and im glad i did. This mouse is awesome! does was it needs and looks pretty cool when its lit up blue, which makes my room look amazing in the dark along with my madcatz cyborg v.7 gaming keyboard thats red green yellow and stuff which looks sick!
So I'd reccomend this item to anyone thats looking for a gaming mouse that doesnt want all the top notch tech!

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable, very functional and looks good, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Razer Abyssus 3500DPI Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
As above, responsive and never have any problems with it at all. The only slight con is that on certain surfaces (including my desk) a mouse pad is essential.

1.0 out of 5 stars Was brilliant but only for a few months, 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Razer Abyssus 3500DPI Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Skip a few months to now and it's a paperweight, it bearly picks up movements properly so I can't even use it, cleaned the whole thing using IPA but it's still useless unfortunately. Razor don't offer any spare parts for it so there's no way to repair or attempt to repair it, and what's more insulting about this problem is this mouse was 32! I bought a cheap no-name 10 mouse over 10 years ago which STILL works fine unlike this razor mouse, it's pretty disheartening and I will never be buying another razor product ever again.

5.0 out of 5 stars great mouse, 14 Feb 2013
This review is from: Razer Abyssus 3500DPI Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
This product arrived on time and is all it said it was, very pleased with it. I might add its great for a left-hander

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mouse, 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: Razer Abyssus 3500DPI Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
Bought this mouse for myself I think it's great can lower the DPI for old games and higher the DPI for fast paced FPS
You get 3 Options

works perfect

what's not to like

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly as you would expect it to., 22 May 2012
This review is from: Razer Abyssus 3500DPI Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
The Razer Abyssus. I feel there are only 2 companied you can buy mice from, Logitech and Razer. Razer make a lot of good gaming equipment and the abyssus is no exception.
If you are looking for a good repetitively cheaper gaming mouse or any mouse for that matter this is a good mouse with all the features you would ever really want.
The rubbery tactile outer shell feels nice making the mouse very nice to use.
It has 3 buttons 2 main and the wheel nothing new they work would be nice to have more but that does not matter.
Sensitivity controls are found on the base of the mouse. It is a nice feature although it can make things harder if you want to try and change it on the fly.

What elce...I think that sums it up, good mouse does what you want it to do No complaints...Maybe the light is a bit bright but that is me being a bit petty. Great mouse definably will recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Razer Abyssus Gaming Mouse, 26 May 2011
This review is from: Razer Abyssus 3500DPI Gaming Mouse (Accessory)
i am sorry to say i had this mouse about 3 weeks and the left mouse button died on me and would not work at all so sent this product back for a refund
i bought a replacment Usb mouse costing only 7 with duel dpi of 800/1200 feels and looks cheap but plays a treat so sorry Razer although i love your
gaming mats your Mice are not up to the job since i have read other reviews from people who had the same trouble with this and other types of your mice

Razer Abyssus 3500DPI Gaming Mouse