Top positive review
14 people found this helpful
Better than the first!
on 8 April 2010
I loved Leona's debut album, Spirit, so went out and bought this one immediatly. And I have to say, I was impressed. So much so, I will even go to say it is a million times better than her first! Leona's definitely developed more as an artist in this album, taking more risks with her song choices, and even her voice has definitely matured as well. She had a lot more imput in the making of this album, co-writing the majority of the songs, which is nice to see. If I had one complaint, it would be that she needs a few more up tempo songs, she had Forgive Me on her last album and Outta my Head on this one; and she's pretty good at them! Hopefully next time she'll include more of a range.
1. Happy: 9/10 - Definitely the right choice for the lead single; catchy with clever lyrics
2. I Got You: 7/10 - Loved it the first few times, but can get slightly boring after a while. If I'm honest, not the best choice for a follow up single; there's far better on the album
3. Can't Breathe: 7/10 - Catchy but slightly repetitive.
4. Brave: 10/10 - Very clever lyrics, nice idea for a song. Definitely one of the best on the album
5. Outta My Head: 10/10 - Catchy, up beat song. Love it!
6. My Hands: 10/10 - My personal favourite. Brilliant lyrics, different and catchy. You'll be singing along in no time!
7. Love Letter: 8/10 - Good song, good lyrics.
8. Broken: 10/10 - Very dramatic with good heartfelt lyrics. Brilliant and one of the best!
9. Naked: 10/10 - Lovely song, again, very dramatic
10. Stop Crying Your Heart Out: 7/10 - A bit boring at first, but gets better at the end. Better than the original
11. Don't Let Me Down: 6/10 - My least favourite track. Still good, but quite slow with not much dramatic impact. A bit boring
12. Alive: 8/10 - Very dramatic with lovely lyrics
13. Lost and Found: 9/10 - Lovely song with soft vocals...keep listening for a bonus track!