5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beach Chair
I bought this folding seat for use on the beach to give some back support whilst reading. Worked really well, it is light to carry and you can transport a towel and book in it too. Also fitted in the bottom of a suitcase. Glad I bought it, good value for price paid.
Published on 26 Aug 2010 by HOSoton

I am familiar with Highlander for their good quality rucksacks and this inexpensive seat isn't too far off that standard too.

It is suffiencently padded with rigid stiffening battens running internally down the sides. There is a small mesh pocket on the back too so that as well as carrying the seat itself it can be used as a small bag.

In use the...
Published on 27 May 2012 by G. Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Beach Chair, 26 Aug 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars O.K. for big bums, 28 Sep 2010
Hi, I bought 4 of these as a cheap quick seat for the Minack Theatre & camping for my Family. I am 18stone and it held me in comfort.

2.0 out of 5 stars Acceptabley well made. Not good if tall. Product received not exactly as pictured, 27 May 2012
G. Ward (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Highlander Outdoor Seat - Blue (Sports)

In use the seat unfortaunately just doesn't work for me. I am 6ft3in tall, the seat back is just 39cm high which leaves too much of my back unsupported meaning I can never truly relax my back, I have to keep some tension in my back muscles otherwise I just tip out of the back of the seat. This is quite uncomfortable and largely defeats the object of having a such a seat in the first place. This makes it practically useless for me.

The seat I received was not exactly as the one pictured. The seat as pictured where the bracing straps connect at the end of the seat and top of the back would have been better for providing more support. The bracing straps on the seat I received attach almost a quarter of the way down the seat and back and this compromises the support offered. Not a good design change in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars highlander outdoor seat., 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Highlander Outdoor Seat - Blue (Sports)
this amazing, i take it everywhere, and everyone asks where can they get one,.
on the beach , on my boat, out in the garden , at outdoor theatre, or concerts, .great.
i like sitting on the floor, rather than being stuck up on a chair and this supports my back so i can do it.
its easy as you get older to become less flexible and put certain limitations on yourself, and sitting on the floor is one of the first to go....
so now i can sit in a group and am not uncomfortable at all.
brilliant.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poorly Designed Product, 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Highlander Outdoor Seat - Blue (Sports)
Initially I was very happy, but soon realised that after prolonged use (>1 hour), I started experiencing severe back pain. Only solution was to place a cushion against the back support.

Also, after about a months use (~25 hours), one of the buckles on the straps snapped. I am only an average size person, and can't help but think the manufacturer could have created a better product if they had used metal buckles, rather than flimsey plastic ones.

Poor quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars this seat is amazing, 17 Sep 2009
N. Jewett (England) - See all my reviews
Solved a big problem because i find it difficult to seat with nothing behing my back. Now I have this seat I can go any were and not worry about sitting against walls. so comfortable and quite small to carry around. overall a great seat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little seat!, 23 July 2014
This review is from: Highlander Outdoor Seat - Blue (Sports)
Very comfortable padded seat for use on hard pebbly beach holidays. Offers good support for sitting upright for reading. Useful mesh pocket on the outside for water bottle, book etc. and you can put your folded towel in the middle whilst carrying, very light too. Other people asked where we bought them!

4.0 out of 5 stars value for money, 4 Dec 2010
I have problems with walking for lengthy periods, this is great if you know you're going to need to rest; it's even fairly comfortable to perch on a low wall for a few minutes. It was fantastic to pack in my suitcase for a beach holiday too. Money well spent although the straps can slip sometimes.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea although a bit precarious., 26 May 2010
J. Bray "toast bug" (North London) - See all my reviews
I bought 2 of these, and am pleased with them as they are very light weight and versatile. They take a bit of getting used to though as you do feel like you are going to topple backwards. The straps at the side hold well, although occasional adjustment is needed to keep secure. Would definately benifit from a velcro fastener at the top to keep them closed. Saying all this though, I am glad i purchased them. Very handy for the beach and picnics etc.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine if you don't want to carry heavy chairs., 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Highlander Outdoor Seat - Blue (Sports)
Bought this for a one day event which we are going to by train and public transport. It's very light and flat so should be easy enough to carry. I've tried it sitting on the floor in my lounge and it seems fine. Gives some support to the back, which as an older person is very important to me.

Highlander Outdoor Seat - Blue