5.0 out of 5 stars What you can expect
I've never felt very motivated to write a review of a product I buy on Amazon. But I'm writing this only 5 minutes after trying Macadamia Natural Hair Healing Oil because I want to tell you what you will get with your first 5 minutes using this product.

Published 7 months ago by Globetrotter

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not better than cheaper brands
Published 1 month ago by Sarah T

5.0 out of 5 stars What you can expect, 17 Feb 2014

First, you will put a tiny bit of it into your hand, rub your hands together, but before you can run your hands through your hair you will realize that the oil is gone and your hands are dry ...What? (this is clue number one).

Second, you will then roll your eyes and try again. But this time putting a lot more of it in your hands, rubbing your now oily hands together and running it through your hair. Darn! You will think. I've gone and made my hair wayy too greasy. Idiot.

In defeat, you will wash your hands, brush your hair a few times thinking (maybe it will at least look like a wet gel). Then run your hands through your hair again expecting to feel grease.... but you'll feel nothing but soft dry bouncy hair. Where did it go? Ridiculous!

You will then stare in the mirror for a few moments in a mix of suspicion and awe. Wonder momentarily where the f*** this product has been all your life. Hear your hair thank you for what you just did. You will then promptly proceed to your computer and order the larger bottle of this.

The End.

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely oil, 6 Dec 2013
I love the smell of this oil and it makes my hair feel really silky and moisturised. Will buy this product again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not better than cheaper brands, 8 Aug 2014
I'm glad I bought the small 10ml trial of this oil, because after trying it, it does about the same or a little less than the much cheaper big brand store bought oil I'd been using, nothing more (Adrelon if you're curious - the equivalent of the US Suave, sold in the Netherlands). If you've never used hair oil before - definitely do give it a go, EVEN if you have normally oily hair. It makes an enormous difference, and using this one will also make a difference if you've not been using anything. But don't be fooled into thinking you must get this particular one, or the more expensive Moroccan Oil - check the labels on the ones in your supermarket and compare!

3.0 out of 5 stars Its not too bad!, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Macadamia Healing Oil Hair Treatment 125 ml (Personal Care)
It does little help on my damaged frizzy hair,it makes it a bit sticky and greasy..hair serum and morrocan oil is still the best for me..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for detangling, making hair look healthy and it smells good, 11 Aug 2014
My hair is fine, long and there is a lot of it. It tangles like mad. I always found difficult to brush it. Also, the ends can look dry. This oil does a double job. I can comb/brush through my wet/dry hair with ease and when dry the hair looks healthy. Smells divine as well. If I had to go to a desert island, this would be one of my essentials I could' go without.

2.0 out of 5 stars Works well but full of chemicals that may cause build up, 25 Nov 2012
When this arrived, I was impressed with the pretty yet understated bottle. The pump worked well and personally, I did not find the smell unpleasant like other reviewers. The "oil" came out easily and was light and slippery reminding me of the texture of many mainstream high street products such as frizz eze. It distributed evenly on my hair and made it soft and slippery and easy to detangle.
The texture however, did have me checking the bottle and there top of the list of ingredients were chemical products including dimethicone which are commonly found in most hair products. Dimethicone gives hair a lot of slip and shine and makes it easy to detangle so where's the problem you ask? Well in effect like other silicones it coats your hair which makes the hair smooth. However this also means that other things like oil or deep treatments cannot penetrate your hair. So it could be said that it simply masks the damage. The long term issue with silicones use is that they build up. Ordinary shampoos and conditioners cannot get rid of them easily. With build up the hair gets flat dull and greasy looking. You can use clarifying shampoos to remove them but they're harsh and can damage hair further.
The good news is that some people's hair loves silicones and they either don't get build up or they're able to remove the build up without damage.
So be warned this is in no way a natural product. I wonder if the oil can actually penetrate the hair with all the silicone there maybe it does and the silicone locks it in which would be a great result for some. For me silicones aren't great as I have really long hair which is fine and prone to damage, however I would use this as a replacement for a serum not a treatment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely tames frizzy out of control hair, it's magic, 25 April 2014
My hair is so thick and fly away. This bottle is heaven, my hair is easy to manage and so soft:-)) I couldn't live without it now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Macadamia Treatment., 14 April 2014
This product is easy to use, although do not use too much. The oil has a gorgeous smell too and is now an essential for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hair Oil, 24 Dec 2013
R. Simister - See all my reviews
Hair oil - good value, it arrived promptly within the expected delivery date window, and I am very happy with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Product., 17 July 2013
Have had this before and my hairdressers uses it.I love it makes hair so silky and in hot weather keeps it hydrated. Fab!!!!!!

Macadamia Healing Oil Hair Treatment 125 ml