on 22 September 2010
I was initially delighted with this: it came promptly and was extremely well packed. However, part of the clasp has detached from the silk even before I wanted to use it. It is still usable, but a bit cobbled together.
on 25 September 2013
This review is based on the quality of the product, not the quality of service (very fast delivery, good packaging).

When unpacking the chain, I immediately noticed that the silver clasp seemed very flimsy and the cord didn't seem to be glued/pressed into it particulary well. I put a medium sized pendant on it, which wasn't even particularly heavy, but unfortunately the necklace ripped after just three days. This is a real disappointment considering I spent £8.50 on a plain cord chain that I could have bought in a pound shop and still gotten better quality. And I'm not the only customer who experienced this, so it looks like it's not just a single faulty product (or me being stupid), but the quality of the item in general. Very disappointed.
on 10 December 2010
very pleased with this purchase, bought it for my boyfriend, it looks great and seems to be good quality. loved the great selection of lengths. promptly delivered.
on 12 June 2012
Although I ordered mine a little short at 18" ( I should have gone for 30"), I can't fault the design or the quality. Never seen anything like this before - a woven silk chord, black, about 3mm thick, very soft, very smooth, with a neat sterling silver clasp. Another reviewer found the clasp a little small to handle, which is fair, but to be honest I got used to it quickly and, compared to some of my wife's jewellery, it's quite manly in size. Perfect for silver pendants. My teenage son also like it, and has now "adopted" it as a vehicle for his personal bling.

My 30" version is now on the way.
on 8 May 2013
I needed this to replace a chain that was irritating my neck. Its made well and I use it for my medical alert necklace which I think sets off much better against the black with my medical alert necklace being sterling silver.
on 31 August 2010
I was very pleased with both silken cords i purchased and my pendants look so different from when they are on chains. i would recommend these to everyone. Delivery was prompt and i would order same again.
on 30 August 2013
Silver clasp is VERY flimsy and broke almost immediately! :( was a cheap necklace but even still not amused at all.
on 31 December 2013
The clasp isn't made very well or of substantial materials. It is a cheap bit of kit and that's it really.
on 22 February 2013
really very nice , soft and comfortable to wear !!!
i have two different lengths , looks really good with any pendant !!!
make the pendant stand out more, and is real silver , don't have to worry about nickel allergy !!!
which was the main reason i ordered this !!!
all the cheap necklaces are made of really cheap meatl , once the silver paint waers off the allergys kick in and you'll end up itchy !!!!NO PROBLEMS AT ALL WITH THIS , A MUST IN ANY JEWELLERY BOX !!!!!!
on 8 March 2014
Bought as an alternative for a gift. It's exactly what it says on the tin, it's a black silk cord chain and holds a pendant if wished.