Size: 6 UK|Colour: Dark Chocolate/Brown/Burnt Orange|Change
Price:£19.99 - £39.99

on 20 January 2016
Hi-Tec are certainly producing some quality footwear in recent years which in my opinion can rival and even better more expensive brands. These Renegade Trail boots are no exception, being very well made, quality fit, sturdy, not too heavy, good grip and comfortable to wear all day.

My 7 year old daughter is in a 13.5 shoe, so we ordered a size 1 to allow for thicker winter socks and a little growing room and the size came up just right. We have been out for walks most weekends since we purchased them at the end of November and my daughter hasn't complained once about the fit etc & believe me she'd soon let me know if they were uncomfortable and throw a strop and refuse to wear them. They have kept her feet warm & dry throughout and as everyone knows we've had a lot of wet weather over the last couple of months.

Having a suede and nylon upper I will re-waterproof them over the coming weeks/months just to prolong there lifespan although i'm not altogether sure I will have to, but out of habit i'll do them anyway.

These are a good looking boot with a nice little pink detailing to be girly enough for my daughter, although this was never going to be a deal breaker.

I would have happily paid the current price of £26 for these boots, but I purchased them on a Amazon black friday deal for £9.99, which was an absolute bargain. I will definitely purchase another pair of these or there equivalent when my daughter outgrows these boots.
on 21 September 2012
We just came back from little mountain turn and my son was wearing those shoes. They are fit great to the him's foot and he feeling very well with them. The shoes looks very good and they are made of quality products.We can use them summer in the mount and winter in the town.
on 26 December 2013
Looks good. My three year old has worn them on a long walk to the park, jumping into lots of muddy puddles. They stayed on, and her feet (and socks) were dry afterward. No complaints of sore feet either.
Too early to comment on durability, so only four stars so far.
on 2 December 2015
Be careful when buying these!!
I ordered a size 3 but what turned up was a size 2 with a size 3 label stuck over the top.
My son has just grown out of the size 1 of the same boots (bought elsewhere) so I knew immediately that these were not a size 3 as they were only slightly bigger than his old ones. On closer investigation, I discovered the extra labels that had been added.

On the plus side, it turns out a size 3 would have been far too big and these fit him perfectly so I'm keeping them, but I'm absolutely disgusted that anyone would do this and it makes me wonder if they are even genuine Hi-Tec! Thankfully I got them in a lightning deal so at least they were cheap.
on 17 June 2015
This is the first real pair of walking boots I have got my son who is now 8 years old as we do a lot of walking every weekend and on holidays.
Fits him great, looks great and has not leaked once (only been out to the highlands 4 times so far).

Build quality is what you would expect from a boot of this cost, as long as you re-water proof after every heavy walk they should last longer then my son will fit them. they look great on him and he loves them (want's them on every ware). Walked up Cairngorm 1245m from Loch morlich last weekend and they held up well, did not rub his feet at all.
on 15 February 2016
These boots seem to be well made and my son said they were comfortable. However, the size is small. I bought size 5 because he has just been measured as a 5. However, the size 5 shoes I bought recently have enough space for his feet to grow into and these boots definitely don't. I only kept them because he was about to go on a trip.
on 10 May 2013
My daughter is almost 12 and she used this pair of shoes recently in a 16km canyon pass in Crete, Greece. She did not complain at all about them, she was happy with their performance -they are soft and comfortable. They look quite good, although not so good as in the picture, in my opinion. I recommend them for their quality and price.
on 24 November 2012
This is a lightweight very well made boot at a reasonable price that my daughter is willing to use in the inclement weather no mean task.
I would think she will outgrow the boots well before their is any great ware & tear and so will appear on my wife's car boot sale in the summer that is the boots not the daughter.
on 7 December 2015
Lovely boots - only problem...I bought one pair for my son, one pair for my daughter - they are Unisex. However, the secondary colour is pink (which I didn't notice in the picture). These are in my opinion a girls boot not unisex.
on 16 May 2014
I bought these for climbing Snowdon in Wales. They served their purpose - comfortable, breathable and no blisters after the climb. I sense that they will not last many years, but they are still great now after 2 months.