5.0 out of 5 stars Iya, Iya Cthulhu
This fantastic short story is a must for anyone who wants to see what all the fuss is about Lovecraft. I bought this edition as a copy to lend to players of Cthulhu RPG games as a primer on Lovecraftian horror and was amazed at the simple but high-quality printing.

Published on 28 Nov 2011 by Deadlight

3.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read!
Very different from today's fiction, worth the read as thought provoking and so will try more of his short stories
Published 18 months ago by jwhezzy

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 16 May 2013
Mr. N. Haslam "Nick Haslam" (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Call of Cthulhu (Kindle Edition)
Had been wanting to read this for a while, and finally got round to it.

A good read, though a bit 'dry' in some bits..

5.0 out of 5 stars Iya, Iya Cthulhu, 28 Nov 2011

I suggest buying this as a low-cost taster and, if you like what you read, there are some amazing hard-cover anthologies to expand your library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cool story bro, 17 May 2014
Interesting read. Very short story. Arrived in good time and reasonably priced. A good read for anybody interested in the Cthulhu franchise, or general short stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 6 Mar 2014
Hooked on this story after playing the Bethesda game! Very chilling and mysterious! You wont be able to put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show!, 25 Feb 2014
Thanks for posting me 'The Call of Cthulhu' by H.P. Lovecraft. I'm giving you five out of five since I love H.P. Lovecraft.

4.0 out of 5 stars Famous Story avaiable for less than a pound, 27 Dec 2013
Mrs. Connie L. Hurd "Sheherazade" (Lincolnshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Call of Cthulhu (Kindle Edition)
The Call of Cthulhu was key in launching a plethora of weird tales more than a century ago, so I wanted to read it. To buy it for only 77 pence from Amazon for my Kindle was great. I have since found the same story for free from other online sources, but the Kindle version comes with Kindle's dictionary at the touch of the mouse, bookmarks and note taking facilities.

5.0 out of 5 stars By a water fall I'm calling Cthulhu, 1 Aug 2013
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Call of Cthulhu (Paperback)
For some reason this critter is a H.P. Lovecraft classic. I have ordered the 2005 movie. I kept waiting for the action and somehow it ended before it started. I did not realize how meaningful the title was until the end where I said "Oh wow now I understand.

After Francis Wayland Thurston (a professor at Brown University), shuffles off this moral coil he leaves papers. His great-nephew an anthropologist who narrates the story is shocked to find France Wayland's research into what started out as a spooky dream to find that he uncovers the cabal of Cthulhu worshipers. But who or what is Cthulhu. We travel with the narrator as he pieces together what Francis was suspecting. When Cthulhu calls we may even have to confront him/it ourselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars By a water fall I'm calling Cthulhu, 15 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars By a water fall I'm calling Cthulhu, 15 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential reading for horror fans, 15 Jun 2013
Mega-classic horror yarn, in many ways the originator of all modern horror literature. The writing style perfectly evokes a whole new and alien world of eldritch evil.

The Call of Cthulhu