5.0 out of 5 stars Great little item
Got this for baby and she continually comes back to it when rooty tooting through her toy box. Not costly and is mildly educational. Was a bit stumped making the goldfish noise for her.

Published on 15 Oct. 2011 by Steve

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not for my kid
It is a good toy, well made and colourful. Great for a gift. I thought it will be a hit for my son as he loves baby books. As he is only few months old he starts chewing them immediately so I decided to buy soft book but somehow he doesn't play with it that much. Maybe he just likes taste of paper ;-)
Published 11 months ago by Kasia

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little item, 15 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Lamaze Classic Discovery Book (Baby Product)

It's like the Giraffe - there's one in every book for kids, so you are going through the pages mooing, baaing, grunting, clucking, quacking - then up pops the Giraffe and ............silence. Baby looks at you waiting for the Giraffey noise - but there ain't one. They just eat trees. So you go ffffffffff hoping they believe you.

Looks good now in the car instead of fluffy dice.

June 2014 and have now removed from the car and passed on to second baby arrival who is now at the "scrunching the pages" stage. Have practised my bubble noise for the goldfish page, but to be honest, it's not very convincing. Has lasted well though so still have to give 5 star review.

5.0 out of 5 stars My baby simply adores it, 17 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Lamaze Classic Discovery Book (Baby Product)
I bought it when my son was 2 months and 1 week. He simply adores it. Now 3 weeks later, he is looking at it all the time, trying to grab it and continuously talking to the pictures, making his first sounds. I totally recommend it as a toy for a newborn baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Excellent Quality, 2 May 2010
Gemma Parkes (Glasgow) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Classic Discovery Book (Baby Product)
My 5 month old boy loves this book. As with all the Lamaze products I have bought, this item is very well made, colourful and extremely good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for younger babies, 31 July 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Classic Discovery Book (Baby Product)
I bought this for my 6 month old son as he loves Lamaze toys. Although he liked playing with it he soon got bored of it and I think it would be better for a younger baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lamaze toy!, 19 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Lamaze Classic Discovery Book (Baby Product)
I am already a big fan of the Lamaze toy collection, and this book is fanatastic!
My 6 month old loves the bright colours and the fact he can grab the book in his hands and it will make a scrunchie noise.
Very good product :D

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4 month old baby loves this book, 20 July 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Classic Discovery Book (Baby Product)
I bought this for my daughter when she was 4 months old. She absolutly loves it! At the moment she is too young to take notice of the actual pictures on the book but she loves the colours and also the different textures.

4.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and textured!, 21 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Lamaze Classic Discovery Book (Baby Product)
Another good quality product by Lamaze - a soft book with simple, colourful images and different sounds and textures on each page. When baby is old enough, it will be easy for her to hold and explore. However, as lovely as it is, I feel it could benefit from a bit more variety, such as more textures on a single page, or the sounds positioned in different places (such as a corner rather than the middle). All in all though, a good buy and recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars My baby's favourite toy, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Lamaze Classic Discovery Book (Baby Product)
My baby absolutely loves this toy, he loves the sounds and the colours. It was one of his first toys, it's great from 1 month. I definetly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Much more than expected! Daughter loves it., 7 Jan. 2013
Joanqui (Barcelona, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Classic Discovery Book (Baby Product)
The book it's a little bigger than I expected, but it's ok.

My daughter has only three months so she can not play with the book yet, but loves when we hold it before her and turn the pages and make out a story about the life on the forest. One think I love about the book before buying it it's that some of the pictures are connected, it's not a collection of animal pictures, it has some continuity, and every two page section it's composed by a big picture on the left page and a detail on the right page.

The things that I was not expecting because you can not tell by the pictures here at Amazon it's that the textures are lovely and very different in every page. Also every page has a sound: the reindeer/bird has a little "whistle" that tweets when you press it, the bear/salmon has a little plastic box inside that sounds like coins chiming in a pocket, and the third and last one with the owl/stars has a cracking paper inside.

My daughter also loves to chew a corner of the bird/bear page, that has some plush texture, and the book it's so light that she can hold it over her and grab the page to move it into her mouth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not for my kid, 26 April 2014