5.0 out of 5 stars Best product for remote locations

Published on 14 Jan 2011 by JN

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product for remote locations, 23 Feb 2012
This review is from: Lifesystems Portable Mosquito Killer + 1 Tablet (Sports)
I used this in the dorm for a couple of months in Uganda and never got bitten at night. Because it runs on batteries you don't need to rely on mains power supply so it is great for camping and for places where the electricty cuts out regularly. It also covers a massive area so you can use it in big dormitories. It's always difficutl to say whether you'd be bitten more without it but I've found dead mosquitos on the floor in the morning so know it works. It's my secret travel gadget and personally I can't recommend it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars midge murder, 17 Aug 2012
This review is from: Lifesystems Portable Mosquito Killer + 1 Tablet (Sports)
The size of this is amazing so small and yet efficient. I use mine in the campervan. When the van had so many midges I began with a citronella candle and the portable killer. After a while ( and many dead midges ) I blew out the candle and let the portable killer go to work. I left it on overnight ...... yeeeeee ha no bites in the morning. I may even buy another one as I am not sure what size or area this portable killer covers. At last an item worth its weight in gold.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mosquito Killer, 15 Oct 2010
This review is from: Lifesystems Portable Mosquito Killer + 1 Tablet (Sports)
Excellent - didnt get bitten at all so it must have worked - no noise and compact and easy to bung in the suitcase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: Lifesystems Portable Mosquito Killer + 1 Tablet (Sports)
Excellent product and service. Delivered quickly. Tested on a 2 week trip to Malta and enjoyed mozzy free bedrooms. The device is silent, and no chemical smells

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Lifesystems Portable Mosquito Killer + 1 Tablet (Sports)
Bought more refills and really love this unit as it appear to work fine and no smell from the refills

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure whether it makes a difference, 14 Jan 2011
This review is from: Lifesystems Portable Mosquito Killer + 1 Tablet (Sports)
This worked for a two week holiday on one set of batteries. We added new cartridges half way through the trip. We used one device on each side of the bed at night, in addition to mosquito nets - we both did still get bitten once or twice at night, but it's impossible to know whether we'd have got bitten more if we'd not used the device. I'll use it again on my next holiday just in case it does make a difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good and useful piece of kit., 13 Sep 2014
J. Morley (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifesystems Portable Mosquito Killer + 1 Tablet (Sports)
Excellent stand alone item for use when you are camping without an electricity hook up. We use it in our motorhome and I reckon it also works at the table under the awning but my partner thinks that's wishful thinking. However no bites! Needs refills. Each slot in cartridge lasts quite a number of days.
Now an essential on our summer packing list.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific product well worth investing in, 7 July 2014
Mrs. Joanne Price "paradisaslady" (Hereford UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lifesystems Portable Mosquito Killer + 1 Tablet (Sports)
Used every evening in our hotel in Greece, along with keeping windows/patio doors shut at all times, running air con and using Cutter Mozzie repellent and we remained totally bite free. Did find a few dead mozzies on hotel room floor so must have done it's job for those blighters that managed to get inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works pretty well, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Lifesystems Portable Mosquito Killer + 1 Tablet (Sports)
Used on a yacht in Greece in May, whereas last year we had problems with mosquitos and consequent bites at night, with this little gadget running before we go to bed and a net over the companionway hatch we had no trouble. It lasted the whole week on one cartridge, bought extra for future occasions.

4.0 out of 5 stars used for two weeks in Costa Rica - seemed to do the job, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Lifesystems Portable Mosquito Killer + 1 Tablet (Sports)
I had this running every night in lodges with pretty ropey bug screens on the windows. there was always dead stuff on the floor in the morning and i only got bitten once in the night. obviously impossible to say whether i would have been bitten more without it. I will definitely be using it again. the batteries lasted well - every night for two weeks (and a day in my suitcase by accident).

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›