on 23 September 2010
If you're just getting into classical music I highly recommend this as an introduction. You'll probably already recognize 80% of the pieces in here, but also probably have no idea who wrote them (a lot of these are used in films or as part of TV ads).

The sound quality is a little poor in some places, at least to my ear. I'm not sure if this is the fault of the original recordings or the mp3 compression (with a decent recording I do not usually notice compression artifacts in 200kbps+ mp3s unless I am listening for them - at least not from my iPod, which is what I have been using for listening to these. It only gets worse when run through my home set-up, which isn't audiophile-grade, though sounds better than your average all-in-one hi-fi, I guess). That affects a minority of tracks, though, and is not too severe. Most of the pieces are performed excellently by the LPO, too, but that is what you expect from any orchestra at their level.

Problems aside, for £3 this is an absolute bargain. There's over 4 hours' worth of music here, and I'm finding it very enjoyable for my long-ish commutes. Go on, buy it.
on 17 August 2010
This album has a really good selection of classical music on it.
However the sound quality is not very good, verging on quite poor at some points.
However, still worth buying!
on 23 January 2013
I was only after one of the tracks on this double CD, but all of it is well known and very nice to listen to, as long as you don't mind hearing just one movement each time! (Like a sampler, really.) Excellent orchestra.

Rita Craft. London.
on 26 April 2012
FABULOUS! I had been looking for sometime for an album with a mixture of composers when I came across this gem!
Any lovers of classical music or anyone who has just discovered classical music - this is a must buy to satisfy all of your needs.
on 20 October 2014
Great classical featuring a varied choice of tracks from dome of the grestest composers embracing the scene. I love classical music as it so soothing and relaxing. If you love classical, here is one to add in your collection.
on 5 November 2010
I was looking around for something to expand my previously sparse Classical music collection, as I found that it helped with my studying, and I found this album going for a very cheap price.

This collection is very good, it has a wide variety of brilliant tracks, and they're of a very good quality too, especially the Piano solos by Finghin Collins.

It is a great album for anyone who has no knowledge of classical music, as an introduction.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 September 2011
As you probably know the London Philharmonic is one of the world's outstanding orchestras, and the collection is pretty much every piece you would expect to be included, and then some. It reminded me of the proms concert I went to years ago, it has that same high energy music that really rouses and gets the crowd going.

You probably remember O Fortuna from Orff, from the Omen movies, and all the majors are covered. Bach, Beethoven even Handel's Messiah.

Interspersed with this are pieces like the Gymnopedies, Peer Gynt, Eine Kleine Nachtmusik from Mozart, and one of my new favorites, the impeccably beautiful movement of Barcarolle from Tales of Hoffman, so a good variety of music to please every palate, from slow to meditative, to the virtuoso speed of Rondo Alla Turca.

I recommend you price compare this with the Amazon USA site. Sometimes there is a significant price differential which with downloads means you can save money by shopping at the cheaper location. Hope this was helpful.
on 27 May 2012
For someone who is just starting to get into classical music, this was an excellent purchase. These are pieces that I was familiar with but I was not aware of their composer or even the song name. This has really driven me to become more involved in classical music and is highly recommended.
on 6 June 2010
I have:
-"The 99 Most Essential Bach Masterpieces"
-"The 99 Most Essential Baroque Masterpieces"
-"100 Classical Hits (100 Classical Favourites)"
and
-"The 50 Greatest Pieces of Classical Music" is the best!

MP3s bit-rate are between 201 and 250kbps; Variable Bit Rate (VBR).
on 5 May 2013
For pleasant, easy listening this collection of classics will take some beating. Look no further for an engrossing dip into the classical world.