4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling
Firstly, I should confess to not being a teenager being in my early 30s, so I am not, strictly speaking, the intended audience for this book. However, I really enjoy this type of fiction and I am glad that I was persuaded by the reviews, to buy it.

The story is compelling with plenty of mystery and action to keep you interested. I liked the characters and I...
Published on 22 Dec 2009 by daisyduck1976

1.0 out of 5 stars Does nobody realise how troubling this book is and how it glorifies sexual harassment?
I'm surprised to see so many gushing reviews about this book. Fallen angel malarkey aside, if Patch was simply an ordinary boy with no 'magically justifiable love/lust/murderous intent (because all three are synonymous in this book)' for Nora, and if he wasn't 'smoulderingly good looking' (because as we've seen with Twilight, sex appeal TOTALLY makes up for stalking!),...
Published on 6 Dec 2011 by aestheticmuse

‹ Previous | 133 34 35 | Next ›

2.0 out of 5 stars Could be so much better, 27 Jan 2010
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Hardcover)
Yes, I bought this book because after reading Twilight, I was keen to repeat the pleasurable, romantic, mysterious reading experience.

This book was published in 2009, after Twilight. I don't know whether the author read Twilight and felt inspired, so I don't blame her for the blatant similarities. The editor, however, really should have insisted on a few plot changes at least, for no doubt they published this book for the Twilight market. To me, these similiarities felt like plagiarism, ruining much of the story: biology class; initial aversion from the male, non-human character; female heroine in danger in deserted city streets rescued by same male arriving in his car... I could go on.

There are some crucial discrepancies in the plot as well: first we're told Patch, the immortal, has to kill his vassal to become human. Then, clearly to explain what that has to do with Nora, we're told Nora is actually a descendant of that vassal, and her death conveniently will do as well. And in the end, Patch settles for the very thing that throughout the book had been driving him to pursue his vassal's/Nora's death in the first place: he'll not become human.

The writing itself didn't stand out to me as being particularly poor. I'm not a teen but read a lot of teen fiction; I think it's primarily the plot discrepancies and the similarities to Twilight that let this book down.

I still read it in an afternoon while being sick and it didn't make my condition worse. If you can be more forgiving than me when it comes to the above and don't expect much else, then this is a nice book to pass the time with.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Class, 10 Dec 2009
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Hardcover)
This first book to the series and the author, it is amazing. It incorperates the supernatural/myths into the storline but also the problems faced by teens and those falling in love. It has twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat as you read about the main female Nora deciding what the dark and mysterious Patch is all about.
10/10 Teen Book

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing a book you should read !, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Kindle Edition)
I choose to read this book because it's exciting and you will fall in love with the characters from the start. you'll want to read it again and again. I recommend this book to everyone you'll love it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of book, 5 Aug 2012
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Hardcover)
I really like this book it is one of my favourites, the book came in the exact condition described and sooner than i had expected it to. Can't stop reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SAGA, 30 Jun 2012
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Kindle Edition)
Great book. Love the Saga but few too many spelling mistakes. Good book for 15 years and over interested in boys and their mystery. The book has enough interesting parts to keep you wanting to read more....

5.0 out of 5 stars Hush Hush, Becca Fitzpatrick, 23 Jun 2012
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Paperback)
Ok, first of all let me begin by explaining myself. At 26yrs of age, I am most DEFINITELY NOT the intended audience of this book, however, I absolutely LOVE anything to do with fallen angels. I had finished all of the "fallen" saga and still craving fallen angel books, however, I didn't expect anything to top fallen. I saw "hush hush" and what positive reviews customers had given so decided to buy it. And wow, I am glad I did! It is definitely the best fallen angel saga out now! (and this is not me wishing to slate lauren kate as that is impossible!) But everything is phenomenal from the characters, the story plot, the humour whilst written and of course, the beautiful story of the sizzling yet potentially disastrous love between Patch and Nora, the adrenaline.. There literally are just too many incredible things to write about this book and its successors!!! All I can say is if you want heat, excitement, love, fallen angels and a seriously realistic book, read this!! I can guarantee that you will be hooked after the first chapter, if not before! I am totally in love with the whole saga and Becca Fitzpatricks style of writing is totally up my street! Cannot wait for finale!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Paranormal Fantasy Addict, 16 Jun 2012
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Paperback)
I wasn't one for reading about angels or fallen angels after I read the House of Night novels. The plot got confusing and the more I read ahead the more I began to dislike reading about angels. However after reading Fallen a few months back, it was better than the angels in House of Night but still it took `Immortal City' by Scott Speer to know that they weren't so bad after all. I'd just come across Hush Hush, randomly on Goodreads and the book summary was intriguing which led me to read it.

Hush Hush was definitely a new type of novel for me to read. It was different and I didn't what to expect. As soon as I picked it up, the few pages consisted of danger, action and planted a lot of questions making me eager to read on. The novel had many strong points such as the light humour, had me laughing out loud a couple of times. Hush Hush is blockbustered with a lot of Action with a capital A yes, I was always on edge and the danger was frightening and I felt all the emotions of the protagonist in the novel.

Nora Grey, a high school sophomore along with her best friend Vee just trying to survive through school and get the best possible scores like every other teenager. She faced quite a lot in the past with the death of her father and just about the time when she starts feeling comfortable the mysterious and alarming Patch creeps into her life and soon Nora finds herself endangered by an anonymous guy in a ski mask attempting to hurt her. However that's not the problem, the problem is that no one else seems to see anything and Nora thinks she hallucinating imagining everything that has happened.

Nora is just a sweet, innocent girl who has had a lot of bad things happen to her in her life that you ultimately sympathise with her from the start. She comes across as calm, collected and controlled however she hides her real feelings underneath and I always wanted to give her that boost of confidence and help her out. She has her edgier side when she's determined to get her way which I liked knowing she wasn't at all weak and could take care of herself - some of the time. One of the things I loved about her was her friendship with Vee. Two different girls are the best of friends and they're always there for each other when help is needed. The tall, dark handsome Patch did get on my nerves at first about how rude he was but his sense of humour had me laughing quite a few times! He's really closed and is sure to not give anything away so you don't know how to judge him and what to make out of him. I did have a change of heart though but I don't want to give much away.

Probably the most striking thing that singled it out form many others about this novel was all the doubts, mysteries and not being able to make up your mind at anything. Every time I made a conclusion or suspected someone I always was surprised by the outcomes and I was never without questions until the end of the novel. Becca Fitzpatrick has an amazing talent to alter things and create diversions and false alarms within the books that you begin to conclude on one thing and then suddenly something smacks you in the face and your like `Wow! Did that just happen?!' I loved it because I didn't know what to expect and I was always guessing and I couldn't make my own conclusion and knew I had to read on. I was just turning page by page not realizing how quickly I was getting through the book. I could not put it down, every time I had to stop and do something I was always eager to finish off and go back to reading the book.

This book had everything that I expect in a good book. There was humour, action-lots of it!, adventure, romance, drama always keeping you on edge and eager to read on as fast as you possibly can. An amazing book, reminded me of why I love reading so much, it's because of books like these! I was so touched and satisfied with this book that I immediately went onto read the second which I finished in a matter of hours and the review will be up soon for that too! Definitely recommend to lovers of paranormal, action and adventure. Fans of Fallen, Twilight and House of Night will love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous., 5 May 2012
Gemmy (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
The main thing I loved about this book, was Patch. *swoons*

Loved Becca's writing style, very pacy and to the point. Fave scene, hotel, Nora touching his scars. Beautiful.

Great book, now one of my faves :)

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS BOOK IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;], 27 April 2012
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Kindle Edition)
I beg you to read this!!!!! Honest everytime you slot in the last piece you find your missing another piece!!!Read if you love the seductive world of angels nephilim jealousy and most of all...SECRETS!!!...

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 6 Oct 2014