5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, 2 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Fool Of The World And The Flying Ship [DVD] [1990] (DVD)
I'm so happy that this had *finally* come onto dvd!! I remember watching this when I was a child and have been searching for it to get my own copy for the last few years!! Has made this 23 year old very very very happy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite films, 17 Mar 2010
A beautifully told tale, based on a Russian folk story about a boy who needs to build a flying ship for the Tsar to (in essence) save his family. Cosgrove Hall (makers of wind in the willows) pulled out all the stops for this one, creating great looking characters and scenery, superb voice acting and an excellent score to boot. Recommended for children and adults (especially those who have not seen it in a while).

It didn't win an Emmy for nothing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad to see this classic available, 1 April 2014
I loved this film as a child and had been hunting around for a copy for years.. Just as good as I remember, and my little one enjoyed it too. Only thing that disappointed me was that the price went down by roughly 3 between me ordering it and it arriving, still had to pay highest price :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 11 Mar 2014
I've loved this since I was a child and watched it on VHS till it wore out. Bought it for my nephew and ended getting another copy for myself. The picture quality isn't great but that doesn't detract. Much recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill, 16 Nov 2013
I've been trying to find this DVD for my sons 18 th! We watched it on tv when he was 3 such a lovely fairy tale& a bit of nostalgia for him to pass on!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fool of the World DVD, 24 Nov 2012
One of my favourite DVDs of all time. Brilliant animation, lovable characters, brilliant story. Recommend this dvd for five year olds upwards. Amazing. I love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fool of the World, 9 Jun 2010
S. Cartwright "Sue" (Formby, Merseyside, UK) - See all my reviews
This is one of the most wonderful stories so enjoyable and so relaxing. Well worth watching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 25 Mar 2010
It is so fantastic to have this beautiful film on DVD, after years to trying - we have a VHS copy, but really wanted a DVD. We first saw this film on TV years and years ago - even my 32 year old 6'4" son was thrilled when he saw I had managed to find it again. All three of my children, as well and my husband and myself are enchanted to be able to watch it again. I look forward to seeing my 18 month old Grandson's reaction when he sees it for the first time.

Don't miss out on the chance to get your copy - it really is a cult film.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 22 Feb 2010
I am so happy to finally have this on DVD. I loved this film when I was younger and it has lost none of its magic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 28 July 2014