4.0 out of 5 stars Great in most ways
Pro:
Very bright, even in a lit room
Easily selectable aspect ratio
Like the button on the remote that you can program
Great for a static or roaming presentation projector
Will project upwards from a table onto a screen
High quality picture
Very good keystone
Amazingly loud speaker for it's size

Con:
Can get...
Published on 23 Sept. 2010 by J. D. Dixon

2.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish customer service
I have owned one of these projector for just over 12 months when it started to get white spots on the screen, i tryed in vain to get someone to look at it but no one would, Acer customer service is a joke (they were as much use as an ash tray on a motor cycle), so if you get a problem just do as i have done and throw it in the bin, bad customer service lets this otherwise...
Published on 22 Oct. 2011 by R Mach

4.0 out of 5 stars Great in most ways, 23 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Acer H5360 HD Ready Home Cinema DLP Projector (3200:1,2500 ANSI Lumens,1280 x 720/720P) (Electronics)
Pro:
Very bright, even in a lit room
Easily selectable aspect ratio
Like the button on the remote that you can program
Great for a static or roaming presentation projector
Will project upwards from a table onto a screen
High quality picture
Very good keystone
Amazingly loud speaker for it's size

Con:
Can get exceedingly hot - might not do so well in a celing mounted cage
Zoom level is a joke, you can hardly zoom at all and no digital zoom is included
Only 1 HDMI port
No SCART port and no scart converter
Rainbow effect - I can see it, the people who I installed the pjojector for cannot, I am much younger than them though so keep that in mind
Height adjustment isn't worthwile.
No way of lowering the beam (eg. if you plan to have it above your head/behind you like a cinema you pretty much HAVE to mount it upside-down from the roof)

5.0 out of 5 stars i LOVE it :), 15 Sept. 2010
Anthony J. W. Maybury "ajwm" (south wales) - See all my reviews
I had been eyeing up this projector for quite some time now, and I finally took the plunge and forked out for one.

when it first came I realised that I had forgotten to buy a projector screen, because my walls are darkish brown I thought that it would be a must.
Turns out I was wrong, I turned projector on not expecting nothing more than a faint image, but infact the image was bright and clear, when i say bright i mean really bright, im in a pretty well lit room and its showing as clear as day, it was a hell of a lot better than I thought it would be. The Image is pretty damn awesome in terms of size(around 90- 100" atm) and quality and even colour (white is the very slightest bit offset, but then I am projecting on to a brown matt wall) another thing I thought would be a must was a ceiling mount, yet again I was wrong its sitting quite happily on my little desk.

the quality in my opinion is awesome, although I've never owned a projector before now I can compare it to the college one's and its just so much better. im starting to debate whether or not to even buy a screen.

now im expecting if anyone actually reads this, questions about the 3D.

well, I Havn't tested it out yet, all i need now is to buy the nvidia 3D vision kit and im away (ive already got a GTX260 - im hoping this will be good enough to play games in 3D)

perhaps i can do an update when i get the money for the 3D kit :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer H5360 home cinema projector, 1 April 2011
From my experience Acer has always delivered the goods. I have tried and used many other projectors as a professional trainer showing both powerpoint and videos in my presentations. This Acer is the least expensive purchase I have made. It is the best purchase I have ever made.

Video colour reproduction is excellent, sharpness of image is excellent. It outmatches more expensive Epson Dell NEC and Samsung projectors.
Colour reproduction is good but yellow looks slightly dirty and not pure using powerpoint. It still however out performs other projectors for colour quality when using powerpoint. The picture brightness powers through daylight and in illuminated training rooms.

The native picture is wide screen and adjusts automatically 4:3 where necessary.
The speaker is very quiet only 1 watt when for me 5 to 8 watts would be excellent. The fan is very quiet.

If I was to asked to improve this projector a remote focus would be high on my list together with a much greater optical zoom range as I use small to large rooms, train audiences from 8 to 30 people and have varying projection distances.Acer H5360 HD Ready Home Cinema DLP Projector (3200:1,2500 ANSI Lumens,1280 x 720/720P)

4.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, 5 Nov. 2010
Picture quality is amazing! Especially on the HD Virgin channels or Bluray.

I run it on Eco mode because I find the fan noise on non Eco mode is distracting. However, the Eco mode is plenty bright enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars extremely pleased, 17 Feb. 2011
After waiting for a year for the 3d xl to be released i decided to op for this projector over all the other compatable ones. That was a very good choice. I looked around emailing different sellers to find out if it had the projector firmware update A04. Finally after talking to a man from acer he said all acer h5360 projectors should be compatable.

The colour is amazing. better than my old h5350. The quality overal is good. Ive only seen the ocean wonderland so far in 3d and that was spectacular. Also played nba 2k11. Not that great to tell you the truth.

It was very inratating to set up the 3d and the infomation that both optoma and acer give is useless. But is totally worth it when its set up.

Compared to our samsung 3d plasma downstairs, this is alot better and 3d projectors are the way to go for 3d gaming and movies.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Brilliant!, 7 Jun. 2011
We bought this for my husbands work, however we have had so much fun with it that he is not getting it back! The boys have loved having a home cinema. The picture is really bright and we project it onto a wall which works really well. We connect it to our computer or to the free sat and both work really well. The only thing we haven't tried is 3D films. Delivery was really quick, a really good projector at a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleased with this choice, 14 Sept. 2012
Pros:
Quality of picture is superb.
Noise level on Econo mode is quite low.
Very easy to set. Simple user friendly menu.
Automatic keystone adjustment works perfectly.
Nice feature with selecting color of the wall.
Neutral:
Picture brightness is OK. Forget if you want to watch something in bright room - 'bright' I mean level of brightness that you don't need a flash while making a picture with compact camera.
Cons:
Remote keys doesn't work to good, but most of the time all you need is a 'power' button so it is not a big thing.
The picture is much above the projector so it need to be much below the screen or upside down. If you want to put projector a little higher, the leg adjustmen doesn't allow you to put a projector on the level of screen. So if you don't plan to mount projector upside down to the celling and you want to keep it above the reach of small children - you need to put something under back of projector that is a little ridiculus. ALL legs adjustment is a 'non cost feature' that is missing in this projector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brightest projector I've owned, best contrast and good Definition and for a great price, 11 Dec. 2012
As per the subject.

I've owned it a couple months now and it is brilliant. I love how fast this technology is moving. This spec would have been closer to £600 just a year or two ago.

My missus has actually requested I turn the brightness down at night! It's the first projector I've been able to watch with the curtains open without squinting. Brightest projector I've seen.

The definition is great for movies. 720P is enough for most viewers and most people don't consider that HD TV broadcasts are only 720P anyway. Sure you might miss having 1080 when watching Bluray if you sit up close to the picture and you have 2020 vision, but it's a projector, the screen is so big you aren't going to want to sit that close!

Contrast levels are great, better than my old Optoma.

If you suffer from Rainbow effect on other projectors then I've heard that you're not going to get away with it on this projector either. It's worth noting that I suffered with seeing Rainbow effect when I bought my first projector but it went away within a day as my eyes began to compensate automatically.

Highly portable and comes with a nice little carry-case.

Love this little unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Acer H5360, 23 Sept. 2012
Am non technical so was delighted to find in that this projector did not need much more than plugging in to work perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3D and Big screen for low price, 23 Mar. 2010
After thinking long and hard to buy one of these and iam glad I did.

3D is superb and normal 2D is excellent quality for 720p.

I would recommend this to anyone its well worth it for the price. :)