5.0 out of 5 stars Privacy Screen Protector
This product is great, its by far the simplest screen protector to install that i have ever used on a phone or iPod.

Once fitted your free to look at what you want without people looking over your shoulder, keeps those private documents, private!

Does exactly what it says on the packaging!

The little cloth is a nice added touch as well!
Published on 20 Aug. 2009 by Mr. R. Barwick

3.0 out of 5 stars Works great as a privacy Filter
I already have a MediaDevil Easyscreen bubble-free screen protector: BLACK Matte Clear (Anti-Glare) edition - For Apple iPad 2 (1 x screen protector) - BLACK border of which is worth the extra money as its easy to fit, it is bubble free and works on the new Ipad even with a zagg keyboard cover. This set my expectations high for this product.

In summary its...
Published on 10 May 2012 by Craigc

5.0 out of 5 stars Privacy Screen Protector, 20 Aug. 2009

Does exactly what it says on the packaging!

The little cloth is a nice added touch as well!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for those who dont like just anyone looking at their screen, 4 Sept. 2009
I had been looking for a privacy screen shield for a while till i came across phonedevil, this product is perfect the type of person who doesn't like people looking over their shoulder to see what they are doing, having a big screen has its disadvantages but with this screen shield you can rest easy that no one to the left and right of you can view your screen. Its has an anti-glare coating on it which i have tried before and didnt like that much, if there was a glossy version id buy it straight away. The only thing i dont like is sometimes in dark lit areas the screen looks slightly holographic and makes the images on the screen double up and appear out of place. Other than that its a great screen shield and would defiantly recommend it and phonedevil to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit, 14 Aug. 2009
Nice, does the job and easy to fit. Keeps away the prying eyes on my daily commute GREAT :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 20 Aug. 2010
I recently had my iPhone replaced and needed to put on a screen protector on it. As I travel a lot on public transport, I wanted something where I could text / e-mail and not have everyone reading what I was typing.

So I did a little search on here and found this product and thought I'd give it a go.

And it does it very well - I've done a few tests with people who are next to me and unless they're reading directly over my shoulder, the screen appears to be black. So 5/5 for privacy - well done! :^)

However (there had to be a "but")... What I've found is that the thickness of the protector is noticeably more than the standard ones you get and I've found that when I tap the screen sometimes it doesn't register. This is a bit of a drawback as I'm a very fast texter and have had to slow down quite a bit as otherwise it misses every other letter. The other thing is that the screen is noticeably dimmer with this on. Not the end of the world, but already iPhone battery life isn't great so I don't really want to turn up the brightness & eat into battery life.

Bit of a shame but not the end of the world as I'm pretty pleased about the privacy side of things, so 4/5 overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best!, 18 Jun. 2010
J. Morland (South Wales) - See all my reviews
The one gripe I'd always had with the iPhone was that friends and strangers with prying eyes could see exactly what I was doing and typing if they happened to glance over, and was also quite dismayed by the quality of some of the screen protectors I'd purchased for the phone, with many simply starting to peel off after a few days.

I have to say that the PhoneDevil screen protector is probably the best feeling screen I've used, it was so easy to apply following the instructions sent in a pre-arrival e-mail that I was actually quite surprised, considering the agony I've had apply other protectors. The Matte material on this cover is slightly strange at first if you are used to either the normal iPhone screen or other protectors, but I've ended up loving it - I think it makes the phone a lot more tactile and is a joy to use.

In terms of privacy, I had so much fun for the first few hours of using the screen tilting the phone and watching the screen blur and disappear and the product really does what it says. The privacy it's created is second to none and I'm super pleased with it, feeling a lot more secure about texting and e-mailing when it comes to either personal or friend's confidential information. I had a tiny bit of trouble with the Matte frosting causing the screen to look slightly more blurred than usual to start off with, but as Callum (founder of PhoneDevil) explains it really is something that you have to actively 'see' and get used to/ forget it very quickly, and I certainly don't have ant complaints with it after only a day of usage.

So overall this is a truly fantastic product, one of the best covers that you could buy and I highly recommend this screen if you have issues with privacy on your iPhone, or having a look at any of their other covers if your needs are different (They also have a Mirror, Crystal Clear and Matte Clear editions). I'd also like to add and reiterate the comments of other reviewers that the customer service of the company is brilliant, and I can't recommend them enough for this!

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't know how I survived without this!, 30 July 2009
Sarah Bernie (North Wales) - See all my reviews
I put one of these on a few days ago and spent several hours texting away while my Mum struggled to work out why she can no longer read what I'm typing and my sister thought I was messing about with a switched off phone!
In my opinion this is a fantastic product, very easy to apply and to reapply if you get it wrong.

Previously I was worried about how tilt games would be affected, but having spent several hours playing Sims3 (the fishing requires tilting), Labyrinth3D and iPint (all in the name of research!!) I had no trouble at all with viewing the screen. I also found that the higher the brightness on your phone, the greater the viewing angle can be, so I can't imagine a game it wouldn't be possible to play.

In terms of the supplier I bought from, the product got to me very quickly and the instructions were really clear.

I am Never taking this off my phone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for privacy, poor in other ways, 31 Aug. 2011
If you want this purely for privacy, then this is undoubtedly a fantastic product. But, and this is a big but, there are a few things which kinda ruin it slightly.

Firstly, it does slightly reduce the screen's brightness. Even though this is not a problem for me, I kind find it being very useful to those that tend to watch a lot of videos or view photos using their iPhone.

Second, you must look at the phone at a view definate angle to get the best view. It can be rather annoying at times when all I want to do is quickly glance at the phone i.e to check a notification.

Other than that, the product is fantastic at keeping your screen private, my friends have all commented saying that they love the idea that others can't see what you are doing when they are next to you and the product does this job very effectively.

5.0 out of 5 stars For Privacy When You Need It Most on iPhone, 29 May 2010
D. Conway-Lee (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I spend a lot of my time around people that I dont know & using my iPhone can sometimes be tricky cause there is always information that is of a sensitive nature. I am sure many of you have the same problem, someone people near you can still see every word you are typing in an email or SMS. Because some information is meant to stay private you have the choice of either using your iPhone turned away from people or you can get a privacy protector.

I opted for the privacy protector, after doing a little research I came across PhoneDevils, I placed the order with them on a Sunday & it had arrived by the Wednesday, which is a speedy service, their after sales care is proactive, which is a nice change. More importantly it is their product that is brilliant, this has saved me the worry of sensitive information being seen by people I dont know.

If you are looking for a privacy protector that actually does work well & has a matte finish which I prefer over the gloss finish no more having to constantly clean the screen!! Then this is the Privacy Protector you should be buying. In addition to this I follow them on twitter & having a few tweets & reading a few, its obvious that these guys love what they are doing, which makes doing business with them even more pleasurable.

Thank you PhoneDevils for a great product & great service.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ensuring your privacy on iPhone, 7 Feb. 2010
S. Lyle "pogey29" (Uxbridge) - See all my reviews
First screen arrived very quickly and was very well packaged. Unfortunately, it was very 'grainy' and 'liney' and really no good. Seller responded superbly to this issue and I had a replacement within a couple of days which works very well. The customer service that Callum (the owner of PhoneDevil) exhibits is beyond compare - truly exceptional.

Privacy aspect is very good - really stops 'over the shoulder' observation which is exactly why you want a screen like this. The Matte finish does take a bit of adjusting too in terms of 'feel' when using, but once used to it the advantages in terms of minimising fingerprints and the like are very clear. Do be aware of this though - if you want to maintain that glossy finish, this isn't for you!

Only downside is that it can make sharing the iPhone experience difficult with people that you WANT to be able to see things on the screen but that's the price you have to pay for ensuring privacy at all times.

Good, solid product that does what it says on the tin backed up by really exceptional service from Callum and his team.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 25 July 2011
This review is from: MediaDevil Apple iPod Touch 2nd Generation / 3rd Generation (2008 & 2009 releases) Screen Protector: Magicscreen Privacy filter edition - (1 x Protector)
This IS the best screen protector i have ever baught! I got an email from callum the founder of the company saying that the product had been shipped, i then recieved the product a couple of hours later! brilliant, really helpfull and frindly.
The screen protector is pretty thick but the screens sensitivity it as sensitive as ever it has the cool affect of not being able to see the screen from other angles which impresses my friends yet protects me from people overseeing me type in my password for things like paypal.
The protector itself went on like a breeze no bubbles or anything! the step by step video on the phonedevil website was extremly helpfull! I was impressed so much that i created a youtube video showing how to apply the protector and my overall review of it and callum himself commented on!
I would just like to say that im never going to buy a screen protector from another company ever again! Thanks callum, for the amazing products and services!
Jack.