on 7 April 2011
Why pay £69 for an original battery when you can get a replacement which does exactly the same job for a fraction of the cost. I have given the batteries a good run and they perform as per the original with no discernible difference; taking as many shots and with no drop off of performance. What more can I say, an excellent buy!
on 3 February 2011
So far so good, i was a little concerned when i first got it as it charged for about 10 minutes then the light on the charger went off. I thought it a little odd but on adding it to the camera via the grip its saying the battery is full, and still says so now so i assume its been delivered fully charged.

As i have only just recieved it i cant give a proper review but i will update this as i get more use from it.

Initial thoughts, so far so good and a really cheap alternative to the original that appears to be working very well.
on 8 May 2012
There really isn't much to be said about this item. It charges, it lasts as long as the original manufacturers battery, if not longer and it is a great price. If running a power hungry device such as the Pentax K-5, extra batteries are a must have. I have five of these type of batteries now and they all work the way you want them to. If I needed more batteries for my camera, then I wouldn't hesitate to buy more of these batteries.
on 25 August 2011
I was a bit wary of buying a cheap off-brand battery, but I've been using this in my Pentax K-7 for a couple of months now, both as a primary and as a second battery in the grip. It has gone through maybe ten charges without fading, and so far it has performed just as well as the original Pentax-branded battery.
on 17 January 2013
I always like to have spare batteries with me as I cannot afford to say to a client oops the battery has run out. True you would expect branded batteries to be better but I have never found un-branded batteries to be that bad. I have only had these for a week or so now and I have been getting 500 shots (about 150 of those with flash) and the battery shows 50% of power remaining. Obviously that could change over time but if I noticed the life of them dropping off significantly just buys some more!

Update:
Now been using this battery on a regular basis since my purchase. I'm still getting at least 600 shots out of a charge and as stated above about 25% of those will be with the on-board flash firing. The original Pentax battery doesn't always get close to that number of shots. So far no sign of any charging issues or reduced capacity.
on 27 May 2013
Not pentax but bought on the strength of other reviews.
1) check one, fits in the K5 and powers it. Yes.
2) check two, fits in the K5 charger and recharges. Yes.
So far so good. I don't expect it to last as long as the pentax kit battery but as a backup it should be fine.
on 15 April 2012
Please be aware this is smaller battery than the original one - it is 1400 mAh not 1860 mAh
but so far so good.
on 16 August 2011
Product was an extra battery for my Pentax K7 camera. I was a bit unsure regarding the price difference between this and official pentax product but so far no complaints. Delivery was fast - and was delighted with the service
on 21 February 2014
I bought three of these batteries to act as backups to my single Pentax battery for use in my K5. I had read the reviews and had noted that they were only 1400mAh but thought that they would suffice in their 'backup' role and at £4.35 each with free shipping seemed a cheap option.

Delivery seemed a ltte slow, but for £4.35 including delivery from Germany what could I really expect? It took

On delivery the first thing I noticed were they were actually marked as 1860mAh, after charging one have used it extensively playing with the camera and have noticed absolutely no difference in use between it and the OEM battery that came with the camera. Time will tell if it has any other issues, but for £4.35 each I have just ordered another 2, Great price, good product.
on 29 October 2011
Great price, seems to works well, charge cycle was quick and lasts well in the camera, delivery was fast, so what's not to love?