4.0 out of 5 stars There was at least some UK stock...
I took delivery of a set from Expansys on March 23rd...

They're superb, very easy to set up and use. Volume slider is a bit odd (touch-sensitive bar) but other than that very chuffed with them. Bundled headphones are a bit bass-heavy for my tastes but way above the usual standard of bundled headphones

Highly recommended
Published on 26 Mar 2010 by D. Bullock

3.0 out of 5 stars Purchased in the UK??
Great product, but why does it come with a european plug?? Would not mind if I was warned of this as I would have purchased an adaptor at the same time, but now have to wait a few more days to get it working.

For products advertised on a UK website I feel if it does not have a UK socket, then buyers should be warned!!
Published on 6 July 2011 by Shaun

4.0 out of 5 stars There was at least some UK stock..., 26 Mar 2010
D. Bullock - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony Ericsson HiFi Bluetooth® Headset MW600, Black (Accessory)
I took delivery of a set from Expansys on March 23rd...

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Mighty Impressed, 27 Nov 2011
Kaio (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Having been disappointed with a Samsung brand, this is my second attempt in the quest for a Bluetooth Stereo Headset (with FM radio) for my smartphone. The Samsung brand I tried (Samsung HS3000 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - Black) claims to have an FM radio (according to the product description here on Amazon's website) , but when it arrived I found out that the Headset actually doesn't have FM Radio.

The Sony Ericsson Headset MW600 has built-in FM radio as advertised and it really excels at what it does as a Bluetooth Headset. Let me enumerate the good things about this gadget for you.

1) You unpack and you'll find a UK power supply adapter. I've read some reviewers were disappointed by non-UK imports that became apparent with non-UK mains plug. The connector to the Headset is Micro B USB, and happens to be the same as my smartphone's connector, so this doubles as a spare for charging both for the smartphone and the Headset. The 550 mA current rating for this charger covers almost all portable devices. The phone can be charged from a laptop USB, so is this Headset. If you want to charge this Headset from your laptop (say while on travel) you can get yourself a Micro USB B cable such as USB 2.0 A to Micro B Data Cable for Mobile Devices which is low cost and come in different lengths. Good to have a compatible gadget family where interchangeable adapters and cables can be used thereby reducing clutter at home and on travel.

2) I have never come across earphones as close-fitting as this one with this Headset, due to the fact that the rubberised in-ear buds (two extra pairs also supplied as spares) are designed for tight fitting. It is really hard for the earphones to come off (a common nuisance with most earphones). The tight fitting suppresses the ambient noise so much that this could actually be a downside where you have to pay attention to ambient sound as in driving. If on the other hand you are around the home, or walking or cycling in the absence of vehicular traffic and enjoying FM radio or music from your phone, then you just found yourself a good companion!

3) The display is excellent and tells you almost anything you need to know: the radio station tuned to (e.g., as BBC R2, Classic, and so on) and the music being played from your smartphone, or various prompts during setup, etc. (Of course, the music on your device must be properly tagged with meta information (such as song name, artist name, etc.) for the song info to be displayed. Songs purchased online are almost invariably tagged. If copied from CD it is generally down to the software that copied it. If necessary, untagged songs can be manually tagged by such programs as Windows Media Player which is used to play music and video).

4) You can easily pair the Headset to more than one devices and the instruction how to do this is straightforward in the enclosed leaflet. I paired to my smartphone, laptop, and a Bluetooth transmitter for watching bedroom TV at night with its external sound supressed (here is the gadget attached to TV: Motorola Gateway Bundle pack) and I can, at will, switch between these three and the FM radio. So, the headset is in effect a hub for my smartphone (phone calls and music), laptop (Skype calls and music), TV, and FM Radio. It's bliss!

5) If you paired your phone with the Headset, but changed to listening to the Headset's own FM radio, then the phone's Bluetooth communication is still maintained so that your calls will still be directed to the Headset with the radio temporarily suspended. Excellent! If you are connected to another Bluetooth device, the communication to your phone is disconnected (and we shouldn't complain about this, should we?), but you can restore it at will (just press and hold the Play/Pause button and the icons appear corresponding to Radio, Device 1, and Device 2 which you can select by tapping the touch-sensitive volume control bar.

6) I find Call handling with a smartphone quite straightforward. A rapid double click does the last number redial, while a hold for about 2-3 seconds sets the phone into voice command mode, where, assisted by headphone's built-in microphone, you command your phone who to call, etc. (well, it's assumed here that you've trained your phone sufficiently with your voice commands to minimise misunderstanding and hence frustration). The success rate with voice command obviously depends to what extent the phone conforms to the voice command call via Bluetooth interface and not all phones are created equal. I tested with HTC HD7 (here is this phone with my review: HTC HD7 o2 SIM-free,) and calls with voice command work as a charm.

In contrast to the above good points, of course, you're expecting some bad ones, but sorry I only have minor points.

1) [In my opinion] the display should have been the other way round; yes, this is debatable depending on whether you're holding the clip end with your left hand or right hand. Not a major problem though but you'll understand what I mean.

2) The instruction manual is not as explicit as it could be. The touch sensitive volume control bar could be a source of frustration for users who are not as lucky as me to get grips with how it works (personally, I love the touch sensitive volume control!). For instance, press and hold the Play/Pause button the icons representing the radio and paired devices show up. The instruction says 'use the touch volume control to select a device'. This is not as clear as it could be. Actually what works very effectively is TAPPING the volume control. To select the left icon (radio), tap the left end of the volume control bar, for the middle icon - tap middle of volume control bar, and for right icon - right end of the volume control. I haven't gone beyond 3 paired devices but you'll get the idea with more paired devices. Tap, not touch.

I also discovered something that the instruction manual doesn't tell you. How do you choose between paired devices (excluding the radio), say you're multiplexing between two or more Bluetooth phones (for whatever reason). Press and hold the Call button and only the icons for the paired devices will show up and you do the selection by tapping as mentioned above. Yes, you could do the same with the Play/Pause button but holding the Call button is more convenient; with the Play/Pause button, it's hard not to touch the volume bar on the opposite side which sometimes has undesired effect (as the volume control works both for volume and selection). In short, just a mention of the instruction leaflet being economical with some explanations.

Bottom-line: An excellent gadget. But, I ask myself - is this gadget a genuine article? If the iPhone is cloned (confirmed to be the case on the media) then headsets like these are dead easy targets. Just a thought ...

3.0 out of 5 stars Purchased in the UK??, 6 July 2011
Shaun (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 12 April 2013
It really is good. Works great. I have paired it to an iPhone 4S, Nexus 7 and Macbook pro. It works very well with all three. Sound quality is good too.

Call functions(receiving and calling) via siri work really well. Battery life of almost 8-10 hrs. Treble may be a bit shrilly for heavy metal listeners.

Bluetooth pairing is simple and straightforward.

Small and very light.

Earphones are of good quality and fit well.

I use it all the time and would really recommend it. Try once and it will change your notion about Bluetooth audio.

Cons/Problems:

Got European charger.

Had some problems when I was trying to make it an audio input device when connected to my Mac. I need more time to see where the problem lies.

Touch controls become tricky at times.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bluetooth adapter, awkward volume control & really unhelpful Seller (PreisCompany)., 13 Jan 2014
Kind of two reviews in one here.

Firstly, the MW600: I bought this so that I can listen to music and have my iPhone in the waterproof case on my cycle. Also use it in the gym as I've had a few accidents on the treadmill where I've accidentally caught the headphone lead with my fist when running and yanked the headphones out of my ears (quite painful) and my phone off the treadmill!
It works a treat. Easy to set up and lasts for about 6-7 hours of on/off use (usually about an hour session at a time).
The downside of this unit is the volume control. The way that you change the volume on this device is you place your finger on the slide bar, wait for a few seconds for the MW600 to register your finger and then drag your finger down the slide bar to change the volume.
It uses some kind of capacitive slider to change the volume which I have found to be not very responsive to the movement of my finger or a bit hit-and-miss to get it to recognise my finger! Conversely I also have had it change the volume when performing sit-up type exercises when its trapped between my chin and t-shirt (I clip it to the neck of my t-shirt).
Personally I would have been happy with a couple of +/- buttons so I'm deducting a star for the awkward volume control.

Overall I would buy another one.

The second half of my review: The Seller, PreisCompany.
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.
They use Amazon to fill their orders but do not make mention on the product page that they are selling European stock (i.e. they ship out a European 2-pin power adapter, not the UK 3-pin power adapter) and when I tried to contact them to see about replacing this with a UK power adapter they fobbed me off saying that I had to speak to Amazon...thing is that it was Amazon who told me to speak to them in the first place.
Having told them that Amazon had told me to contact them, they proceeded to ignore all attempts to communicate with them.
Fortunately for me the MW600 recharges off a micro USB cable and I can use my PC to charge it. Still not idea as it would have been nice to be able to recharge it without having to have my PC turned on.
If I could give the seller a star rating it would have been 1 star. Just use someone else, it's just not worth the grief.

2.0 out of 5 stars Crash always especially when chaning devices, 4 Aug 2013
Disappointed by the inconvinient touch volume button and its system crash problem, bothered me every time answering a call and connecting to a laptop

5.0 out of 5 stars best headphones, 3 April 2013
this is my second pair ad it works like a dream

Works with my iPhone and all features are recognized. I have used a lot of other Bluetooth headphones and found not all the features are supported. This how ever works really well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sony Ericsson MW600, 19 Feb 2013
D. Jones (uk, sheffielld) - See all my reviews
I was very disappointed with this when it arrived.

not only was the packaging for the headset battered and torn, it also came with a 2 pin euro charger, not a 3 pin UK plug.

when I contacted amazon about this. they gave me 3 options:

1) send the item back for a full refund.
2) send the item back and have a replacement sent out.
3) keep the item and get a partial refund.

luckily my Sony mobile charger worked with this headset so I decided I would keep the headset and take the offer of a partial refund.
that is where I was also disappointed, they only gave me £3 back. surely they could have knocked more than that off.

I decided to just take the £3 as I just couldn't be bothered repackaging it back up and sending it back and having to pay for p&p myself.

apart from that, the headset is fantastic. the earphones have a really good strong punchy bass to them and a crisp clear sound.
the headset works great even from 15ft away from my phone. I am really pleased with the headset, it could have felt a little more premium as it kinda feels light and the plastic feels a little thin but hey who cares when it sounds this good.

the built in FM Radio is also very good. picks up all the stations with no problem at all.

******* JUST BEWARE PEOPLE OF THE CHANCE OF IT COMING WITH A NON UK CHARGER *******

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little headset!, 30 Jan 2013
I bought this thinking it was not going to be very good, but I wanted to try out Bluetooth Audio and the ability to use my own heads phones is the best part.

Upon opening the packaging I discovered a rather delightful little fellow (the headset), European plug (unless as I'm in the UK), Sony branded headphones and a pack of replacement buds. I quickly paired the device to my phones, simply and super easy.

Included headphones sounds quality is extremely poor to say the least, bass has no depth/non-existent really horrible hiss can be heard constantly. This slightly worried me, I then tried my daily headphones the Bose IE2 and all I can say is wow... I should have bought a this sooner.

My main influence behind buying a bluetooth headset with a 3.5mm port was due to how I broke my last phone. I was out listening to some music sat at bench put the phone on the bench whilst I eaten then stood up to leave. My phone fell to the floor whilst I stood up because my headphones were connected and cracked the screen (poor HD2, it served me well). Now that I have a Note 2 because it is bigger removing it from my pocket all the time to simply change track is a little more costly.

Windows 7 Support

I have seen numerous reviews and discussion about this product and Windows 7 support.

I have Windows 7 Pro x64 and this headset works brilliantly and literally paired first attempt. The reason why some people are experiencing problems getting the device to be recognised is due to the bluetooth profiles the bluetooth stack on your computer supports. So cheap and cheerful bluetooth dongles for your computer are not always the best option. This is why some people have had success installing alternative bluetooth software such as Bluesolie with the generic dongles and the headset starts working.

I recommend that you simply purchase a decent bluetooth adapter, unless your computer is equipped with bluetooth already.

I currently use a Asus USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle on my desktop which is bluetooth v2.1 not the latest but it has tremendous bluetooth profile support. Also the latest drivers from Asus site update the Dongle to Bluetooth v3.0.

All in all very pleased with this product battery life is decent.

If you long press the play/pause button it brings up 3 little icons on the display:
FM Radio, Phone and Computer. You can switch between them by sliding across the volume buttons.
If you long press the previous/next track buttons they change to rewind/fast forward respectively.

The volume slider is a little weird but it does the job, be gentle sliding your finger across and it will respond better.

Hope something I said helps someone, one final thing seriously bin the included headphones!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 July 2014
Super comfy, decent battery life and great sound. Pairs with my Sony Xperia Z perfectly.

Sony Ericsson HiFi Bluetooth® Headset MW600, Black