on 15 November 2012
I bought an iGadgitz Blue EVA Hard Case nearly two years ago to protect a WD My Passport Essential 500 GB drive.

The drive and cable fit well within the case. I have transported the drive a lot & dropped it once :-( Drive & case are fine.
VINE VOICEon 21 August 2011
I bought this case to house my new WD My Passport hard drive. This product is designed specifically for this brand of hard drive, therefore it isn't surprising that it fits perfectly. The additional mesh pocket on the inside is perfect for keeping the USB cable in, while the hard outer casing makes sure your hard drive is protected against any knocks and drops. The carabiner-style clip and wrist strap are also practical features, although it would be useful if the wrist strap was detachable -- a very minor point which does not detract from the product overall.

Ideal for my needs, great price and delivered promptly -- great service all round.
on 28 December 2012
good quality hard drive case which offers decent protection.would get 5 stars if it was a little bit roomier to allow for usb cable to be stored in the case easier rather than feeling like its just a bt too much for the case.
on 7 December 2012
This case does not close with a WD My Passport 1TB and cable inside. It just closes with the drive on its own, but not the cable. You can wrap the cable around the edge of the drive and force the zip, but it will not fit in the cable pocket. The image that shows the drive in the case with the cable is very misleading as when packed as shown in the image it will not close! I have two WD My Passport drives (current silver one with black edge and a previous model (blue with silver edge). The same applies to both drives.
on 26 July 2013
This was difficult to identify the right case for the hard drive, however this product is a good make and the various handles, clips etc on it are good.
The zip is not strong on the corners which means you have to hold the sides together in order for the zip to grip. I only have the hard drive and the connecting cable in it, so it is a bit snug on the fit.
on 28 January 2013
A great quality product in whic to house your Western Digital Passport portable drive. This product has travelled with me around the globe and has protected my WD Passport to perfection. Would thoroughly recommend.
I have purchased at least three of an older version of these for storing different 2.5-inch hard drives, mostly for my personal use, but I have also recommended this case to several others. For most traditionally-sized units, this case will enclose the drive and its lead(s) and have a little space to spare. I have even found space in one to include a short 60cm USB extension lead which I needed for one laptop which is stored within the pocket on one side. However, having just bought a WD 2TB My Passport drive which is somewhat thicker than average, the accommodation is only just sufficient to house the drive and its lead. The design of the case with transverse elasticated strapping allows the drive to be used without needing to remove it completely; the lead can be connected for use and returned to the pocket subsequently and the case zipped tight.

The case outer is quite firm and there is sufficient protection between the skin and the soft interior to help protect the drive. The padded exterior patterning adds a little extra protection to one side only. In one instance, one case with the drive inside was twice accidentally dropped about 45-50cm onto a carpeted stone floor and the drive suffered no damage and continues to work. It now includes a metal clip which will allow the case to be clipped to a belt or to a suitable part of a larger laptop case in the event that it may not be possible to store it within. A riveted attachment point is provided on the back and adjacent to the wrist loop. The case will protect the drive from light rain but should not be considered waterproof.

Although there are slightly larger cases, I have yet to find one that is any deeper but with similar major dimensions. Although listed as suited for several specified drives, it will accept many others and of several brands including many of the 3rd-party enclosures (but not quite all) into which bare drives can be installed.

Possibly the best available universal option, unless someone knows of one better.
on 5 January 2012
Now this is a good case to carry your hard disc... I bought it along with a Blue 1TB WD My passport Essential and it fits perfectly! I read reviews about it being not the right size, but I can ensure you that it is a perfect fit for THE LATEST model of WD...

BUT...

It is a rather thick hard case, and while that obviously adds up to the protection of the disc, it is a bit annoying as far as the total volume is the matter... I mean I bought a 2.5" HD so that I get a lot more space than a big USB flash stick, while I don't have a bulky item carrying around... But while the disc is really small, this case makes the total volume at least twice as much (maybe more) thus destroying the whole point of being very portable...

Again, it is a very protective case, and from that point of view this extra space is very well used on favor of protection... But I think a bit thinner would do te job also, while being more compact...
on 17 April 2013
I had to get a 500gb WD drive for work and the store I bought it from only had 'soft shell' cases. So I ordered this and I am pleased to say my essential WD drive and cable fits in well. The only thing I don't like is the actual physical feel of the case. It is squeaky and if you don't like 'nails down a board ' things that cause you to wince you may not like the texture of the actual plastic case.
on 17 August 2011
This case fits perfect unlike what some reviewers say. It is not a handmade leather Italian handbag. So those looking for high quality finish this is not for you. For those of us who need a perfectly good quality sturdy carry case, this is the one to go for. WD My Passport Essential SE 1 TB fits in perfect with the usb cable. I agree the comments that it is a tight fit but that is what I wanted in the first place so no complaints at all.

I use my backpack to carry all my gadgets with me all the time so, I would have gone for a soft shell sock-like case as outside dimensions are 13 x 10.5 x 4.2 mm, which will be dramatically less with a soft case with nothing else (no USB cable, flash drive etc.) but just the HDD to house in.

One note on the design. Personally I would prefer a cleaner finish on the outside. A strap, a clip to hang it. Like one other reviewer said "As if!".

Go on buy this and you won't be dissapointed.