5.0 out of 5 stars Good, strong cap
Published on 20 Jun 2012 by Dolphin

Good cap for price and great delivery. Have bought this few times before. Last one torn while fitting on head. Will purchase again as cost is minimal.
Published 19 months ago by Peter Sellers "Jay"

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, strong cap, 20 Jun 2012
Dolphin (Stuck inside a cloud) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Normally my preference is to swim without a cap, but a swimming pool I frequented required all swimmers to wear caps, so I had to buy one. First I got a latex one ... big mistake! Next I bought this silicone cap and found it to be consistent with the quality one expects from Speedo. There is a knack to putting it on (which involves a bit of stretching and starting from the forehead) but it becomes second nature. It kept my long hair contained and, as a useful bonus, protected it from a lot of chlorine damage, although inevitably the edges got wet (for those who do not know, swimming caps are designed to make you swim faster, not to keep your hair dry). I also like how it stops a lot of water from getting inside my ears.

This cap is tough and durable, and it still looks and feels like new after a year of thrice-weekly use. Mine has a really cool design in red, white and blue that makes it quite unique so that its ownership is never in doubt!

5.0 out of 5 stars good swimming cap, 8 Sep 2011
Ms Lucy Hollingworth "Lucy H" (Northumberland, UK) - See all my reviews
I did not get this cap to keep my hair dry but to keep it out of my face when swimming front crawl. It is very good and very flexible. I get no headaches or any other problem using this cap.

4.0 out of 5 stars A little snug but otherwise a good cap!, 4 Aug 2011
Firstly, I would like to say that the point of a swimming cap is not (or at least rarely) to keep the hair dry. Caps are designed to reduce drag and keep the head warm in cold conditions, brightly coloured caps are also used as a safety mechanism so that swimmers who get into trouble will be seen. If you want dry hair, it is difficult for a cap to prevent water from getting through the inevitable gap. If you want to swim properly (i.e. not doggy paddle) your hair will get wet, it's not really a big deal!

I have long hair so I also want my cap to keep my hair from getting in my face too but I accept that my hair will get wet! If you're struggling to get all your hair into the cap, a little bun could be the answer. The cap will stretch to accommodate this.

The cap itself is a little tight: good for drag reduction and warmth but not necessarily very comfortable! I also find that it is perfectly capable of preventing water from getting into my ears if I position it properly. This is good as it is possible (but not too common!) to get ear infections from the water. Silicon caps will keep your head warmer than latex ones so if you're intending to swim outside in the lovely British weather, get silicon whatever brand you choose!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 28 Aug 2011
I made the mistake of purchasing a latex cap, which wasnt great. The silicone caps are much better. I wear a cap to protect my hair colour. The caps are not designed to keep your hair dry but do help. They are designed for a better swim!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good fit, 28 Dec 2013
Good quality, very good fit. It does the job it is required to do. Would buy again if needed. Colour was as described.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal cap for swimming at great price- will recommend to others, 30 Jan 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Swimming Cap., 1 Jan 2012
This review is from: SPEEDO Plain Moulded Silicone Adult Cap (Sports Apparel)
This is a decent swimming cap and doesn't pull your hair at all. Easy to get on and off. Would buy again from retailer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best swim cap ever, 25 Feb 2013
If you hate having your hair pulled this is the swim cap for you, comfortable easy to get on and kept my hair dry, have long hair so easier if tied up first, no need for powder extremely happy with this purchase also took no time at all to arrive.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, 16 Aug 2013
LOVE IT SO FAR SO GOOD, PERFECT SIZE, AND DOES WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO DO, VERY GOOD FOR THE PRICE

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 5 Oct 2013
The hat was delivered to me 2 days earlier than expected, always a bonus.
It's great for the price (I got mine for 1.40) and is a reputable brand.
It's a nice tight fit without being painful and it covers your ears as well.
I thought I'd have a hard time getting it on as I have really long hair (I plaited it and pinned the plait to the nape of my neck but I thought it might cause problems) as it was I got it on first time with no pain and only a few stray hairs peeking out.
Excellent product would recommend to everyone!