5.0 out of 5 stars Garden Tool
Published on 25 Jun. 2010 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Fisher Price safety hoe
Two stars for quality of finish. This is really a very beautiful piece of kit. Sadly though, I've learnt the hard way that "chamfered" in the description means blunt. In fact, very rounded. The blades are blunt to the extent of being safer than the spoons in my cutlery draw. I was expecting to be able to neatly slice the weeds at ground level in the usual hoeing...
Published 5 days ago by Mrs P.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Garden Tool, 25 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Spear & Jackson - Elements Draw Hoe (Garden & Outdoors)
A well made tool, one that I would expect from Spear and Jackson. You can certainly buy a more expensive draw hoe ie stainless steel but I expect that the hoe I purchased will be around long after I'm gone. The handle has a grip that extends about 2 feet down the shaft and this makes using the hoe really comfortable. I wish all my other garden tools with long handles had this feature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for tall gardeners, 22 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Spear & Jackson - Elements Draw Hoe (Garden & Outdoors)
Bought this one because I couldn't believe how much B&Q wanted for an inferior product. Draper do something similiar but without the handle length. This one is perfect; a good handle length and really nice finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value, 16 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Spear & Jackson - Elements Draw Hoe (Garden & Outdoors)
This is a first-rate gardening implement, as one would expect from Spear and Jackson. It is sturdy, efficient and comfortable to use. I am just amazed it was so inexpensive. Draw hoes are seldom found in garden centres for some reason, but they are very useful, so I was delighted to find this one at such a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoe, hoe, hoe., 19 May 2010
This review is from: Spear & Jackson - Elements Draw Hoe (Garden & Outdoors)
This is an excellent product, well made and reasonably priced for a well known make. I tried to locate this type of hoe at various places without success until I got on to Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hoe , Hoe, Hoe & it's not even Christmas, 16 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Spear & Jackson - Elements Draw Hoe (Garden & Outdoors)
You just can't buy a draw hoe in the shops these days.

It works VERY well after a good sharpen of the blade. Most garden tools come these days with a 'dull' blade but after a few moments with a file we were ready to go.

Great for pulling soil up around the spuds and weeding in between the rows.

My only negative comment would be the head was a little loose but a couple of taps with a hammer on the rivet holding the head on the shaft it was OK.

Strong head and shaft with easy grip 'comfort' handle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Spear & Jackson - Elements Draw Hoe (Garden & Outdoors)
Well, confess I didn't know much about garden hoes but ordered this one due to some of the reviews and have to say that my husband was very, very happy with it - said it was brilliant, so I guess that's as good as it gets!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Value 4 Money, 29 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Spear & Jackson - Elements Draw Hoe (Garden & Outdoors)
The item i purchase was a good quality [[ASIN:B002W5V60Y Spear & Jackson - Elements Draw Hoe]and for the price i paid i feel i had a right bargain and as for Amazon the service was equally as good Many thanks. Buster

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was hoping for, 20 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Spear & Jackson - Elements Draw Hoe (Garden & Outdoors)
From the picture of the hoe I thought it was what I wanted. However, when it arrived I could see that it would do a good job of drawing soil up around potatoes as the blade was at right angles to the handle. At this angle it would work like a bulldozer.
For almost sixty years I have used long handled hoes in the garden and farm fields. The purpose of the hoe is to slice through the stems of weeds below the soil surface. To do this the blade needs to be flat on the ground and the handle to be at an angle of 45* or less to the blade. To enable this the hoe would have a stem to the blade in the shape of a swan neck, and not a right angle.
I have managed to bend the stem to a better angle and it now does a good job of weeding.
The large blade is very strong, but arrived blunt, and after sharpening it cuts through weeds easily rather than dragging them out of the ground. The wooden handle is a sloppy fit and needs tightening.
Apart from all this the hoe is of good quality and value for money. It leaves me wondering if whoever designed it has ever spent any serious time using such a tool. Probably not.

5.0 out of 5 stars draw hoe, 9 Jan. 2012
P. Clarke "keepnet" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spear & Jackson - Elements Draw Hoe (Garden & Outdoors)
I purchased this draw hoe to replace a old swan necked hoe which had seen better days.

It is well balanced with a long handle which will be useful when using the hoe for earthing up potatoes.

The hoe is well made and light but needs a good edge putting on the blade .

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice little hoe!, 7 May 2012
This review is from: Spear & Jackson - Elements Draw Hoe (Garden & Outdoors)
i couldn't wait to unpeel this tight and smooth little hoe when she arrived and I was shaking with anticipation at plunging her into a great brown mound....of soil! She's built for comfort and not for speed which I love, but my only grumble is her heads a bit wobbly! If I shake it- her head wobbles- seems well attached and doesn't effect the abuse but I am thinking she'll need some packing later if I'm to use her long time...reminds me of the misses...

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›