5.0 out of 5 stars Robust
Published on 25 Mar. 2012 by philm4000

3.0 out of 5 stars Pans are Great But Finish isn't so great
The pans arrived and were as I was expecting, having used them elsewhere before. What I wasn't expecting though was the stainless to start flaking off. It's happening on all 3 pans and I did read the care instructions before using. Am going to have to return them to see what can be done.
Very disappointing given how much they cost.
Published on 30 Jan. 2013 by Richard Holden

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust, 25 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Le Creuset 3-Ply Stainless Steel Saucepan Set - 3 Piece (Kitchen & Home)
The reason for purchasing these was that we were on our 3rd set of Tefal saucepans in about 7 years. These have a lifetime guarantee so I figured whilst they are expensive, I only have to buy once. These are used on a gas hob, then shoved in the dishwasher. This has been their pattern of use for about 4 years in a family kitchen. After that time the only sign of wear is a residue on the rivets. Whatever they have had burned onto them, they come out of the dishwasher spotless, so if you have a dishwasher these are the ones to go for. I would have no hesitation in buying again, but as they have a lifetime guarantee I don't have to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best saucepans in the world, 12 July 2011
Everything about these saucepans exudes quality, from the design through to the choice of materials, fit, ergonomics of the handles, and lids.
The lids won't retain water in the inside lip as most conventional lids do when used in a dishwasher. the handles on both the lids and the saucepans are riveted, made to last a lifetime. I purchased mine because of a hob change and needed saucepans which were suitable for ceramic induction. These saucepans will cook on anything.
I've already ordered an omelette saucepan and a casserole.
The best saucepans in the world? I think so!

5.0 out of 5 stars Shiny and I like the long handles compared to the Fissler pans, 17 Aug. 2014
Quality product. Shiny and I like the long handles compared to the Fissler pans. Easily stacked to save cupboard space.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pans are Great But Finish isn't so great, 30 Jan. 2013
Very disappointing given how much they cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute quality....., 3 Mar. 2015
These pans are absolutely superb. They come extremely well packaged and when you remove each one it instantly lets you know that it's top quality. Each pan is suprisingly heavy yet very well balanced so they aren't cumbersome but it's worth knowing if you have weak hands or wrists although there is a solid handle on the front of each pan so you have two points of lifting.
The handles are attached by large stainless steel rivets that look over engineered so inspire further confidence.
One major attraction for me is that the pans do not have any hollow components, I have othe pots and pans, some extremely expensive, that have hollow handles and when you pull them out of the dishwasher the handles empty rancid dishwasher water over all the clean dishes. These do not have that issue. The finish looks beautiful and the pans can be hung up on a hook through the hole in the pan handle and the lid can be slipped over the handle of pan first so they get hung up together.
These are expensive but you won't remember how much they were in fourty years when your still using them!

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect choice, 11 Jan. 2013
I bought these saucepans as Christmas gift for my daughter,and finally got to see and feel them last week.Only wish they were mine! I love the additional side handle to assist with lifting,and they feel very comfortable to hold.Daughter loves using them and prefers them to her cast iron Le Creuset set -now 25 years old.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't put Salt in the Pans!!, 26 Sept. 2014
I bought these based on the great reviews on Amazon and we have had Le Crueset casseroles for over 25 years that are still in daily use.

Have I been unlucky? Make your own mind up before you part with your hard earned cash.

The first time I used them they went in the dishwasher to be cleaned, 65 degrees with a Fairy dishwasher tablet. When they came out the inside pan bases had tiny pits in the metal and small rust marks. The rust marks were cosmetic came off with a scrub of a non-scratch scouring pad, but the pits remained. I thought, if they do this after one cycle in my dishwasher what will they be like in 5 years time? I called the Le Crueset helpline which was err... unhelpful, send an e-mail with pictures, hat size and inside leg measurements :-(

As time was running out to return them, they have gone back to Amazon. This was an expensive mistake as far as I'm concerned and here's hoping Amazon refund my money.

Not happy and not impressed with Le Crueset, they are not the brand they once were.

UPDATE

The Le Crueset helpline say the pitting is caused by putting Salt into the pans whilst the water is cold, the instructions say not to put Salt into the pans with cold water, use hot water and dissolve the salt first! Am I the only cook in the UK that uses Maldon salt flakes? They take ages to dissolve even in hot water. This is nothing short of ridiculous, these pans are not fit for purpose and are definitely going back. I'm sure if these silly conditions were included in the product review no cook worth their salt (sorry couldn't resist) would buy the pans!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good Pans, but...., 14 Feb. 2012
I purchased these saucepans as I have a new ceramic hob cooker that I can't use my existing saucepans on.

They were well packaged and arrived promptly as is usually the case with anything purchased from Amazon. They cook very well, and on low heat most of the time. There is a 'however' here though - the largest pan (20cm) and the mid pan (18cm) have both become discoloured and marked inside. The smaller of the two, I was advised by Le Creuset to wipe with lemon juice and sure enough the marking disappeared. The largest pan though, appears to be getting worse. I've contacted Le Creuset who want to inspect the pan (I did send them digital images of them). I've stuck RIGIDLY to the recommendations of how to use and clean these pans, going as far as to purchase a new set of cooking utensils also.

Away from this problem though, I think these pans are very good, albeit expensive - and they ARE expensive at £169.00. I hope they last until I die!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent quality but very heavy, 27 May 2012
I bought the le creuset 3ply pans based on their good reputation They cook food so much quicker and evenly. However these are very heavy saucepans to hold so may not be suitable for elderly as gifts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lush pans., 24 Dec. 2011
P. Watkins (UK) - See all my reviews
You get what you pay for they say,these really are the ASTON MARTIN of the saucepan world! A joy to use and clean afterwards! Hopefully they'll last for many years to come.