on 9 May 2011
Bought this for my 5 mth old twins. My little girl gets really angry and stressed at it, she grabs it and pulls it about. It's great fun!!! She makes noises to it, which I'm sure is her shouting at it. Don't know what it is about this horse but my daughter wants to beat it up!!!
on 30 November 2012
We recived this toy as a gift for my (at the time) 4 month old son, the minute he saw it he loved it. Now I make sure that we don't leave the house without it. There are loads of different textures for them to feel and explore, the teething rings are great for my little boy. (I pour just boiled water onto them to keep them clean) To keep the rest of him clean I use an anti bactreial wipe and then a normal baby wipe and just make sure that he's all dried and then we're ready to go again.

The colours are really bright, my son loves gripping the legs which are the perfect size for little hands! At night time when my son is tired he'll rub the muzzle on his face, which helps him go to sleep instead of a dummy. If my son is crying, Horsey (which is what we have called him) stops him, unless he's just woken up and is pretty hungry.

The squeaky night always makes him smile, but if you have pets (more so dogs than cats) I wouldn't squeak it a lot, because it does sound a lot like a dog toy and my dog can't work out why he can't play with it.

My son chews not just on the rings, but just about everywhere on Horsey and I really trust Lamaze and allow him to do so. I had a really good look all around the toy first before letting my son chew on him and the Lamaze standard of quality is outstanding! Poor Horsey really takes a beating from my son, he holds on to one legs and waves his arms about, he kicks him down to the end of his crib and there is no wear and tear damage at all. I can't stress enough about how well made this toy is and I'm in total confidence that it's totally safe for my little boy.

The ring attached to the night is really handy, I attach it to the car seat straps and the pram straps in the knowledge that he won't end up on the floor and it's easy to attach.

We've currently bought more Lamaze toys for my son for Christmas and have loads of them on his amazon wish list. I have the feeling that Horsey is going to become a great friend for my little boy :D
on 3 April 2012
Lamaze Play and Grow Sir Prance-a-lot is more than expected in size its about the size of a full grown mans hand, lots of intresting functions like the squeezer on his helmet that i only found out about the other day by accident, its at a fantastic price for a well made intresting baby toy, highly recomended.
on 20 February 2012
My baby boy loves this toy, all the different textures, noises and colours. I would highly recommend to all especially if you need a gift idea. Clip means you can attach it to baby's gym or pram etc. I'm going to buy either the lamaze robot or firefly for him as like I say he loves sir prance a lot.
on 8 February 2011
Baby loves his knight on horse back! Lamaze ticks all the boxes really, bold texture and colors, all the different sounds the toy makes all wonderful for baby's development. It's a wonderful little toy. It was easy for baby to grasp from an early stage and at 3 months he's started chomping on the feet. I love the quality of the Lamaze toys so much we've got a collection of them now. The dragon, octo-pirate, tool chest, and a handful of the smaller items, they're all well liked by the boy. I love this toy and it's one of those that travel with us, I would suggest any of the Lamaze toys to someone looking for something to stimulate their infant. It's a very well thought out and durable toy. We love Lamaze, I buy them for my son, nephew and now his little sister as well. You really cant go wrong with a toy from this company.
on 17 April 2012
My daughter loves her toys - we got her 5 or 6 from Lamaze - they are so stimulating and she is engaged for ages trying to work out all different textures and noises - and bless her she is only 4 months! Will be buying more :)
on 21 August 2011
I brought this for a friend on a whim when she was pregnant - she's scared of horses so I naturally brought this a joke baby gift.

10 or so weeks after birth, this was the first toy my friends baby was willing to play with and now she won't give it up and holds onto it all the time (yes, at 12 weeks!) So hopefully she now will grow up pony mad!

I think its a mixture of rings to hold onto, put arms throught, or put in the mouth for teething, as well as enough soft legs to also hold onto that makes it perfect for a young child. I think thats probably more important than the textures, noises etc at this age - for older babies they will want more noises and colours but for younger babies the format seems perfect!
on 3 July 2013
My son absolutely adores this toy. He's 4 months old, he's had it from birth and he's always liked it. It goes everywhere with him as just cuddling it settles him. It's a fun and interesting toy, it has lots of different colours to capture attention. It mades rustly noises, bell noises, it has a squeaker, and teething rings. He loves to hold the teething rings, and often falls asleep with one in his mouth. I would recommend this one to everyone! I have a few others out of the Lamaze range, but I get the most response from my son with Sir Prance-a-lot (even better is that my son is called Arthur so I find this toy rather fitting!).
on 17 August 2011
We already had a freddie the firefly which was so good and loved by my daughter I decided to buy some more for my new son. This toy does not have as much stuff to 'do' as freddie (eg no mirror) but is manufactured with the same high standards and gorgeous fabrics. It has a lovely tinkly bell in the horses head rather than normal rattle sound and being a character will provide hours of imaginative play for my son when he is older. At 4 months my son just enjoys sucking the taggie bits and the knots!

A lovely toy with something for every child to enjoy.
on 22 March 2012
Bought this item for a friends new born baby. We did not know what to get for her,so after reading the reviews bought this.Great decision!

The item came really quickly and was fantastic.Bright, vivid colours with lots of different things to keep babies interest, and at a great price.So good I almost kept it myself!

Shes been playing with it now for a couple of weeks and her dad says that she loves it and is always playing with it.

Buy it............you wont regret it!

See one answered question