5.0 out of 5 stars Captain Calamari
My grandson, Arthur (eight months when I bought it for him, now nine months) and I love this toy. He squeaks with excitement when he sees it. Apart from the crinkly hat, he loves the rattling ball on the end of one of the tentacles, and the two rings on the end of another. I don't think he's paid much attention to the mirror yet. I love him because he just looks so...
Published on 15 Sep 2010 by Ms. V. Bethell

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok
very good quality and I guess a good toy to widen baby's imagination. Havent been able to see much of the attraction to my baby as I think he was too little when I bought it (little bit over 1 month). I think it may interest him more now when he is getting older. Its quite big, bigger than I expected so it takes lots of space when hanging in the pram. It will be a good...
Published 3 months ago by D

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!!!, 24 Aug 2011
This review is from: Lamaze Play & Grow Captain Calamari the Octopus Pirate (Baby Product)
I just LOVE this toy! Along with Olivia Owl, it is an absolute favourite of mine from the Lamaze Play and Grow range. It is sooo cute, with plenty of excellent features for baby to enjoy exploring such as a rattle-ball, teething rings, crinkly fabric and knots. It is beautifully made and I love the deep colours and different patterns of fabrics used for the tentacles. The toy is suitable from birth but I actually think "Cappie" is a little too big for my newborn. I think he will be perfect when my son is about 4 months old, when his hand-eye coordination is developed enough that he can hold him. However, I have hung Captain Calamari from the side of his crib and Imy baby is already enjoying his cute, friendly face and colours, as well as the rattle when we shake the toy in front of him.

5.0 out of 5 stars shazza, 17 Aug 2011
I already had freddie the firefly when my daughter was a baby so when my son arrived I decided to get some more as these lamaze toys are such good quality and full of developmental opportunities. I ordered captain calamari along with sir prancealot and the knot. Of the three this appears to be the one my boy favours- his face lights up when he sees it- though at 4 months his main interest is sucking the knotty legs! I find this toy unusual from the other lamaze toys in that it has a plain plastic rattle attached to one leg- the other toys of this range that I own have rattles but covered in fabric. I like this one- so does my son, he likes to watch the little balls jiggling around inside the ball. the mirror is perfect for peekaboo games and can always elicit as giggle! It is a nice size- though my sons hands are only able to grasp the legs at the moment as he cannot co-ordinate his arms to grab the head yet!

A brilliant toy- highly recommended to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Captain Calamari, 30 July 2011
Mr. Amg Reynolds "Andy" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
My son LOVES this toy!We bought it for him when he was one month old and now at 6 months old he still loves playing with it. It keeps him quiet in the car and where ever we go (shopping, friends and families houses etc.). He particularly loves the crinkly sound the hat and some of the legs make, it has got lots of bright colours that attract his attention, he loves chewing on the plastic rings as he is teething, there is also a little rattle he loves to shake and a mirror. The legs are covered in different materials and Captain Calamari has got a nice big smile on his face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by all!, 27 July 2011
After wondering whether Captain Calamari was a little 'boyish' for my 4 and a half month old daughter, I decided to buy it from the positive reviews and about how she liked the mermaid and firefly. She now loves Cap'ain (as we all him)! She reaches out for him straight away, wriggling with excitement and loves sucking and chewing on his legs (she can do this for ages and he gets rather wet!). The silky ones are especially a hit. She doesn't seem too fussed by the mirror underneath though.
All in all, a fab toy, highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamaze Play & Grow range is excellent, 16 July 2011
We have really enjoyed the lamaze play & grow toys. Our daughter loves Dee the Dragon and we gave this Octopus as a gift (as well as a few others). They have colour, texture, and sound. The characters are quite cute. Very entertaining for a baby starting from quite young and continuing to be interesting as they develop the ability to play more interactively with the toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamaze Captain Calamari the Octopus, 8 July 2011
This is a yet another fabulous Lamaze toy, we are big Lamaze fans but this is one of our favourites. They are so beautifully made and fantastic for teaching young children about colours, textures and sounds.
It is quite a good size, bigger than you might think, as are a lot of the Lamaze toys but you will love them. We have just about bought the full set for all our grandchildren and we are never disappointed. They are quality toys.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best baby toys purchased, 4 July 2011
We received this as a gift when he was 5 weeks old, He loved it then and at 7 months now he is still the same. He has it attatched to the car seat and sometimes just holds it with it off it, either way it seems to entertain him for a long time. The lamaze toys seem worth buying to me, more than some of the more well known baby makes like vtech and fisherprice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 22 Jun 2011
I got this when my baby was 3 months, but he could not hold it well and was kept aside.However now that he is 6 months and can grab and hold things well, he loves this toy and grabs the tentacles of captain calamari very well. They make a paper crinkling noise which stimulates his senses.The toy is very colourful and the teething rings at the end are helpful while teething. Very nice toy by Lamaze.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good - keeps my baby son amused in the car!, 3 Jun 2011
My son loves this octopus. He has many hours of fun with the rattle and the rings. It is a bright, vibrant and entertaining toy which keeps my 15 month year old son amused during long & short journeys out in the car.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as fab as other Lamaze, 2 Jun 2011
This is a lovely toy with lots of fun things on it, but it just isn't quite as perfect as the other stuff I have bought from Lamaze. I can't quite put my finger on why though! It might just be that it hasn't captured my baby's attention as much as Freddie, the knot, and the other stuff I have bought from Lamaze.